41 replies to this topic

#1 Bandit 4freekin20

Bandit 4freekin20

American Outlaw

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:22 AM

Just finished my multi light array combining LED and CMH!

Two 315 watt CMH, 1 solarsystem 550 LED, and 2 nine foot long  LED rails.

The lights in the center are on a LightRail 4.0 Mover and they move left to right, wall to wall

gallery_757_464_644285.jpg

What the garden will be seeing

gallery_757_464_2205583.jpg

Edited by lefty, 16 June 2017 - 12:26 AM.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 15 others like this

#2 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:36 AM

Wow, fuck, thats some set up man, wow again, I do hope I get to see the grow dude :)

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, weedtroll and 8 others like this

#3 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:38 AM

Excuse my french I had a few beers and way too much oil dont know if I feel wired or about to pass out :P

• The Dude Abides, Lab Rat, weedtroll and 7 others like this

#4 Bandit 4freekin20

Bandit 4freekin20

American Outlaw

• Respected User
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:48 AM

Wow, fuck, thats some set up man, wow again, I do hope I get to see the grow dude :)

Oh yeah we'll be seeing what this can grow very soon!

I've torn down my grow room and rebuilt it. The lights and air system are done.

Still some electrical work to finish, the hydro system will be installed, and then the final clean up before I start seeds.

Thanks for the nice words & tunes Dekay! :boobs:

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 8 others like this

#5 ALF

ALF

Disco Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:06 AM

A nice light rig for sure! :wisewizard:

Those LED rails look really cool like that, and i like the combination of your lights. :nice:

Cant wait to see you take it for a test ride :vroom: :fly: 

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, Bandit 4freekin20 and 6 others like this

#6 Stoney

Stoney

Squisher

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:36 AM

:nice:

which bulbs did you end up going with for the LEC's? 

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, Bandit 4freekin20 and 4 others like this

#7 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:01 AM

Lec, cmh, cdm what ever you want to call them, I'm sold, I use them as supplemental lighting, expensive but worth it, next run I'm getting rid of my hps and just using cdm, I'm that confident, chesney just done 800 grams from 2x 315cdm with both red and blue bulbs, Phillips ones, a 942 and a 930 !

Get a diary up fella, I will be subbing !

Roy
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, Bandit 4freekin20 and 9 others like this

#8 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:15 AM

Really nice set up Lefty, what are you planning to grow in there?

Can't wait for the farty bits and slippers.

All good things

TDA

• Roy Cropper, Bandit 4freekin20, Dex and 5 others like this

#9 Bandit 4freekin20

Bandit 4freekin20

American Outlaw

• Respected User
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:54 PM

A nice light rig for sure! :wisewizard:

Those LED rails look really cool like that, and i like the combination of your lights. :nice:

Cant wait to see you take it for a test ride :vroom: :fly:

I thought you might kinda dig this new rig :cool:

The two rails are what I built from that one light I had shown you a while back...

NeoSol-NS-570px-illumitex-570x194.jpg

It was super ez...Cant really say it's a DIY but more of a reconfiguration.

The only wire I had to cut was the power cord and that was so I could make a 5 meter long cord into two 2.5 meter long power cords.

I had to buy the two aluminum rails and then the new plug part to make the second power cord. All together I had to put in about $30 USD to convert it into the two 3 meter long rails.

:nice:

which bulbs did you end up going with for the LEC's? 

All of them hahahahaha!!! :boobs:

A 4200k and a 3100k red enhanced came with the fixtures. I also have two more 3100ks and will be ordering the 10,000k finishing lamps once the grow is started.

I got an email back from Growers Choice answering my questions about dimming the 315s....They said the lamps will perform the same when dimmed as they will at full power.

So I'm gonna go ahead and start my seeds under the LED with my germination program then veg them under the LED and one CMH dimmed down to 190 watts to see how that goes.

Lec, cmh, cdm what ever you want to call them, I'm sold, I use them as supplemental lighting, expensive but worth it, next run I'm getting rid of my hps and just using cdm, I'm that confident, chesney just done 800 grams from 2x 315cdm with both red and blue bulbs, Phillips ones, a 942 and a 930 !

Get a diary up fella, I will be subbing !

Roy

High Roy! Great BHO/Shatter thread you have BTW!!!

I've been an LEC/CMH/CDM convert for over three years now brother. Took me one grow using them and I have'nt looked back.

Prices in the USA have steadily been dropping as more light companies come out with their own models but lamp prices seem to be staying up there.

But for that price you get lamps that last twice as long as HPS if not longer, lower cost on electricity bills, and no duct work coming off the lights to cool them.

One thing I really like is the small size of the fixtures. Being small and having no duct makes it ez to use them with light movers. IDK of too many other lights where one mover can be used to move three lights! Kind of a game changer in those regards!

I'll have a journal started very soon!

My plan is to build the room out then go on a little vacation getaway. When I get back in early July I plan to start my seeds!

Stay tuned brother!!

Really nice set up Lefty, what are you planning to grow in there?

Can't wait for the farty bits and slippers.

All good things

TDA

Many thanks Dude!

Gotta few special strains I'll be growing here.

One is going to be a Thai cut since I have an obsession for potent Thais.

It's called Kung Pow Thai from Master Thai Genetics.

Another super rare strain will be Ript Banana. A very potent haze that comes from a Ghost Train Haze phenotype. It has this banana like tropic flavor with a mule kick to the chest like potency.

And last is an unknown cut from Gooey Breeder. It's Gooey's "Island Mix" and I have no idea what to expect from that.

They'll be grown in an 8 plant hydro-organic system and you can count on there being plenty of farty bits in there! :greet:

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, smokin soul and 10 others like this

#10 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:36 PM

10,000k finishing lamps you say ? Got a link for em, I just put the Phillips 942 back in for last couple of weeks ! Who make these 10,000k bulbs as we don't have em here or I haven't seen them, and yeah the prices of these lights are dropping here slowly too thankfully but the light bulbs are still £100 each !
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, Bandit 4freekin20 and 6 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LED, CMH, LEC, DIY, custom grow lights, Han shot first, farty bits

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.