• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:55 PM

Am I better off with two cdm lights 300 whatever jobbies than one 600 HID, I keep hearing about them and havent done any homework on them yet, 24 percent THC sounds good man you grown or sampled that Thai cross before.

• Roy Cropper, Bandit 4freekin20, Cheeseman and 4 others like this

#22 Bandit 4freekin20

Bandit 4freekin20

American Outlaw

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:13 AM

Am I better off with two cdm lights 300 whatever jobbies than one 600 HID, I keep hearing about them and havent done any homework on them yet, 24 percent THC sounds good man you grown or sampled that Thai cross before.

High Dekay,

I have'nt grown this particular cut before but I've grown several cousins to it.....

With a 315 CMH/CDM you're getting a 315 watt light that performs very much like a 600 watt HPS but with a better or more balanced spectrum.

So it would likely be a 1 for 1 replacement.

If you went with two 315s or a 630, you would have a light more comparable to a 1000watt HPS but with a better spectrum. It would out perform the common 600 watt HPS by a wide margin

What a CMH/CDM really does is give a more efficient light specific for horticulture with it's spectrum. It's something of a combination of MH and HPS.

If my memory serves me well, out of the 315 watts used, close to 90% of the light emitted is used by the plants.

In the case of HPS, typically only 40% of the watts used are creating light used by plants. The rest of that energy is either wasted in heat or useless spectra and that's why these 315 watt lamps perform more like 600 watt lamps in garden results

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, Cheeseman and 5 others like this

#23 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:49 AM

Thank you kindly I am going to go this route, was due a new light and was thinking a 1000 or just a new dimmable jobby but you and everyone else got me sold :)

• The Dude Abides, Bandit 4freekin20, Cheeseman and 5 others like this

#24 Stoney

Stoney

Squisher

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:59 AM

Thank you kindly I am going to go this route, was due a new light and was thinking a 1000 or just a new dimmable jobby but you and everyone else got me sold :)

Nice!!!! yet another one converting over to the dark side!!!

Dekay, you're gonna be impressed with them.   I went from using two 600 HPS's (with quality bulbs) and converted over to two 315 LEC's and my yields doubled!! no joke.....  

and they grow with a lot less heat too!!

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, Bandit 4freekin20 and 5 others like this

#25 bcuda

bcuda

Advanced Member

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:09 PM

IMG_4094.JPG

Looks like I will end up doing a complete tear down in my room after this grow.

Going to put up some better walls along with reflective film and the mover I got from you Lefty. Ill try my best to get me some new lighting also. Are these the 315 LEC lights Stoney mentioned ? http://growershouse....omplete-fixture

If I remember you mentioned the mover did not have the stops what do they look like and is it something easy to make or modify to work ?

I haven't looked into how it works yet but soon I will have to.

The Choc trip crosses are very thai like heck I am at 9 weeks and it still is all clear trichomes , fresh very long looking pistils and still stacking like a young girl.

The Rasperry hashplants are ready to be chopped very milky and lots of brown pistils.

Edited by bcuda, 12 July 2017 - 03:17 PM.

#26 Bandit 4freekin20

Bandit 4freekin20

American Outlaw

• Respected User
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:45 PM

Looks like I will end up doing a complete tear down in my room after this grow.

Going to put up some better walls along with reflective film and the mover I got from you Lefty. Ill try my best to get me some new lighting also. Are these the 315 LEC lights Stoney mentioned ? http://growershouse....omplete-fixture

If I remember you mentioned the mover did not have the stops what do they look like and is it something easy to make or modify to work ?

I haven't looked into how it works yet but soon I will have to.

The Choc trip crosses are very thai like heck I am at 9 weeks and it still is all clear trichomes , fresh very long looking pistils and still stacking like a young girl.

The Rasperry hashplants are ready to be chopped very milky and lots of brown pistils.

CT looks fantastic brother!!

Yep those are the lights that I an Elevator Man invested in. They're very nice lights and at a great price.

I'll get a close up shot of my stopper upgrade...It's way better than the little screw stops the light rail use and you buy them at Home Depot.

I'm getting ready to start my new journal where everything will be detailed...Keep a look out for it on Friday ;)

In the meantime here's a sneak peek I shot yesterday after finally getting the data line for the LED and a shitload of other wires coordinated. :)

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, ALF and 5 others like this

#27 Doublej

Doublej

Upper Left US

• Respected User
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:56 PM

Hey lefty, nice setup beother... I love a good mover...

If those cords bother ya, I put mine on yoyos....

looking good in there, looking forward to the show........

#28 bcuda

bcuda

Advanced Member

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:01 PM

I know I am going to be watching this show. You really have it all figured out and looks great! Love that video .

To be honest I will try as much as I can to get my room as nice as yours before I do another grow.

What do think on a time frame on the CT by looking at the pic ?

Edited by bcuda, 12 July 2017 - 04:02 PM.

#29 Bandit 4freekin20

Bandit 4freekin20

American Outlaw

• Respected User
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:06 PM

Hey lefty, nice setup beother... I love a good mover...

If those cords bother ya, I put mine on yoyos....

looking good in there, looking forward to the show........

Thanks man. I kinda had to makeshift a sort of yoyo in the corner to keep things up.

It's a little tricky arranging all three and then all the other stuff too.

There's a 3 outlet hd extension that comes off the light timer then connects to the lightrail tierod for power to the lights.

The three lights plug into that so they have plenty of cord length to hang low. When the lights are up high the cords have to be draped over the tierod like now and will either have to yoyo those loops or maybe velcro tie them into small loops.

Then everything else is hooked onto the light rail tierod too...Data line for the led, weather sensor for the ac, one of the exhaust cords, and then the cord for the rail itself. It's an elegant cluster fuck B)

I know I am going to be watching this show. You really have it all figured out and looks great! Love that video .

To be honest I will try as much as I can to get my room as nice as yours before I do another grow.

What do think on a time frame on the CT by looking at the pic ?

Probably about two weeks more on that CT man. Trichs look good and she's swollen but with those white pistils she's gonna go a little more.

A clean and well organized grow space is always nice man. I like things to be fun and ez to use but also make sure the room is safe. When it's clean and organized you get that and it makes for a good work place.

Then all the high performance tricked out shit can be done.

I rebuild mine about every two years. Clean everything, look at upgrades, fresh paint, new flooring, etc.

Biggest thing is electric and making sure you have a good & safe power supply that can easily handle all the lights you wanna use.

I have two 120v, 20amp gfci lines ran to my room. One is for HID lights and powers up a heavy duty timer.

My timer is a Titan Helios but something like a Little Gray Box type timer is also great. As long as it's heavy duty and can handle switching large power loads. You dont wanna plug two or three hid lights into one of those small plug in timers. It will work but it's sketchy pushing on of those timers with more than one light.

My other circuit powers up the LED, ac, fans, and fresh air intake.

Then I have the room's built in electric wall outlets that power a fan & air pump but all my major power demands are met by having custom circuits installed just for the grow room.

After electric it's all about air for me brother. Good active intake, temp control with ac, and then I built dual exhausts to manage my air. Gotta keep that air fresh like it's outside to keep them girls happy and the stink out!

After those two major things that make the room safe and plants happy, it's just about what you want and what's best for you!

This rebuild I did a few things for the plants with the better light array and went from all white to all black walls to help better my dark period yet still kept reflective panels up. But the best upgrade is for me...I installed Harbor Freight anti fatigue flooring and lemme tell ya..It's awesome!!!!!

When these plants get big and I have to crawl on my knees up under them to clear dead matter and suckers, that soft flooring is gonna make my knees very happy!! :D

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, ALF and 5 others like this

#30 ALF

ALF

Disco Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:00 PM

I cant wait to watch the  :boobs: i got  :beer: and  :jointroll:  and have pulled out a  :beach: so i got a lot of farty bits  :farty:  ready  :D

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, Bandit 4freekin20 and 3 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LED, CMH, LEC, DIY, custom grow lights, Han shot first, farty bits

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.