613 replies to this topic

#1 Stoney

Stoney

Squisher

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:59 AM

High everyone, my name is Stoneyluv and I would like to share my diary of fun times, good vibes, and photos of that sticky ganja!!  :shakeshout:

I'll start out with a little about myself and my favorite hobbies and some photos of the things i luv!!  :smokie:

I am a fun loving american country boy and i enjoy gardening and outdoor fun of all kinds. I really enjoy nature and like to call my little spot of heaven the Luv Shack and i will post all kinds of nature shots as well as my garden photos!!

so we will start this diary out with some photos...

I like to grow vegetables in my greenhouse and even use my koi pond to grow some vegetables in an aquaponic garden, here are some photos...

the other day i was watering some of my young watermelon plants and i noticed a familiar looking leaf set growing rouge in the garden!!!!! :happyleaf:  
I have no idea how this could have happened.... :haha:

i'll have to remove it because it is very close to my driveway for anyone to see. I'm not sure how many photos i can post at a time but it's telling me i have too many so i will break this introduction into two posts... stay tuned!!

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 21 others like this

#2 Stoney

Stoney

Squisher

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:59 AM

so enough of the boring stuff, now it's time for that sticky, stinky, ganja!!!! My garden is a multi strain perpetual garden that i harvest a plant about once every two weeks... so kind of like my garden this journal will also be an ongoing perpetual diary of good tunes, good friends, and good vibes.... speaking of tunes, where are my manners?!?!?

for your listening pleasure....

I flower five plants in a cabinet that is about 1.2m x1.2m. i am a fan of technology and DIY projects so my flower cabinet is a bit over complicated and most of it was built kind of just because i could type of thing. i like gadgets and automation so here are some shots of my cabinet and some of the features....

i grow five plants with a bucket inside another bucket with a self irrigated planter also known as SIP. all the buckets are plumbed together and there is a sixth bucket combining them all that is just used for adding water and enzymes. and all this sits on a motorized turntable that slowly turns all the plants during their twelve hour light cycle. the plants rotate twice during the twelve hours....

please excuse my mess i plan to remove everything over the next couple weeks and give everything an overhaul and modify a few things so i figured this would be a great time to start a diary and will be tearing everything down and reinstalling it all, and yes i will be cleaning along the way!!!  :jointroll:

the motorized turntable was built a couple years ago just seeing if i could do it kind of thing and it ended up being incredibly reliable ever since!! sure there were a bunch of kinks in the beginning but after some tweaking i got it working pretty good...

it is all powered by a small DC hobby motor connected to a few rubber wheels with some 3d printer belt for traction....

I'm about to remove the turntable and give it an overhaul so i will be able to take more photos in detail.... but the entire thing runs on a small voltage regulator set at just over 5VDC...

for lighting i currently use two sunsystem 315W LEC lights raised and lowered by remote control winches......

as for ventilation i use a 10" windtunnel fan (this is way overkill and it's what i used when i had dual 600W HPS lights, i have the fan turned down to about 20% with the LEC's). I also use an old school heavy duty timer and have a small fire suppression bottle.....

and finally some pic of the plants....

and yes, i am a big star wars fan!!!!!!

so that is my little slice of pie in all this and would like to use this diary to get to know all of you and join in this community you have here at the  :tgc:. a few of us have migrated over from another forum site so if you will all have me, i welcome all  of you to this diary of dank!!!!

so stop by take your shoes off, put on a pair of comfortable slippers and have a smoke!!!!

:happyleaf:

Edited by Stoney, 16 June 2017 - 04:09 AM.

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 24 others like this

#3 THC F13ND

THC F13ND

Landrace enthusiast

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:26 AM

Very nice setup you've got there Stoney, loving the greenhouse, I'd love to grow veg but with four dogs and a small garden there isn't much room for anything but grass and dog shit lol :P even if I got something planted they'd dig it up so it's easier not to.

I'll follow along and see how it goes mate, ATB :bong:
  • The Dude Abides, duke, denots and 12 others like this

#4 Stoney

Stoney

Squisher

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:48 AM

Very nice setup you've got there Stoney, loving the greenhouse, I'd love to grow veg but with four dogs and a small garden there isn't much room for anything but grass and dog shit lol :P even if I got something planted they'd dig it up so it's easier not to.

I'll follow along and see how it goes mate, ATB :bong:

Thanks for the kind words, i really enjoy growing in a greenhouse... this is only my second season with one but i already have plans to build a real one of glass over twice as big. i bet your dogs would love my place, lots of shittin room!!!  :haha:

todays harvest....

without the greenhouse the birds would eat all my strawberries, now i just have to battle the chipmunks ( a small rodent) 

it's great to have you along for the ride and i hope you have a great weekend!!!!

smileys-passing-joint.gif

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 21 others like this

#5 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:15 AM

Top stuff mate.I'd kill for a bit of space like you've got id be pollytunnling it up.
  • The Dude Abides, duke, denots and 12 others like this

#6 Stoney

Stoney

Squisher

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:27 AM

Top stuff mate.I'd kill for a bit of space like you've got id be pollytunnling it up.

thanks man, i'd love to grow out in the sunshine but there always seems to be a nosy trespasser or two every year...  :pistols:

your name reminds me of this cover song...

see ya around!!! :swing3:

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 13 others like this

#7 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:32 AM

thanks man, i'd love to grow out in the sunshine but there always seems to be a nosy trespasser or two every year... :pistols:

your name reminds me of this cover song...

see ya around!!! :swing3:

haha you know 😉
Yeah man it's my fave snoop dizzle lyric
  • Dekay, duke, denots and 10 others like this

#8 DreDdYBoY

DreDdYBoY

Sir smoke alot

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:49 AM

Nice to meet u stoney, really nice set up. Love the revolving grow table brilliant concept for even growth.

I'll sub your diary an hop aboard
  • The Dude Abides, duke, denots and 13 others like this

#9 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:53 AM

Fabulous intro Stoney, loving your set up, some really clever stuff in there.

Garden and polytunnel also look fantastic.

Seems like your diary will be similar to the FROG BLOG, lots of garden and wildlife pics as well as growing some weed, far out man.

Slippers as well, I'd better sub up to this.

All good things

TDA

• Budgie, Dekay, duke and 18 others like this

#10 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:39 AM

Real nice nice Stoney, i`m loving the turntable, it`s summink i`ve pondered over a few times in past when i was growing in the bigger grow room, but i never got around to it. Good to have you around the place to by the way.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 17 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.