• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,821 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:24 PM

I hope y'all have room for another yank! I have been hanging out at another forum that is being dragged into a black hole by prohibitionists... and, I've got to say, this place is a breath of fresh air! Seems like you all are smoking the real, real good stuff, lol! But, I didn't realize I'd have to learn English all over again, though, is there a translation forum here?

For example, I thought I was geezer, because I just turned 70, but now I'm a git??? Is that a good thing? And, what's a mon? Are you people Rasta? And, your chips look just like French fries?!?!? 

Anyway, I spent most of my life building wooden things of one sort or another, houses, furniture, fences, toothpicks, until my back finally gave out... and most of my memory, too, shows you what a lifetime of smoking pot can do, lol!

I planted my 1st seed in 1970, and grew outdoors til about 10 years ago, when rippers and cops made that a challenge I felt like no longer dealing with. Bummed me out so much, I even stopped partaking.

Not Ms H, though... she's a true pothead, and she was always bugging one of our sons for "just a little bud,"lol! He got tired of that, and a few years ago, on my birthday, he dumped off a 1000W light, ballast, fan, and some clones. After I figured out that the stuff wasn't something I needed to take to the dump, I set it up in the crawlspace, under our house. It's now my home away from home!

I started out in perlite hempies, but our well water was not the kind that works with that... only took me a year to figure that out, lol! Went to dirty hempies, then AirPots, then 5g buckets, then 5g SIPs, then got tired of humping those around, and now everything is in a soiless mix in a 1-2g fabric bags... things I can pick up, for now!

Nutes are mostly organic fishy kind of things, along with fermented plant extracts and homemade worm castings. I'm trying to make more out of what's growing in and around the yard, and surrounding woods.

Lights are all 400W or less. I still run some of the old 400W CMHs, along with some 315W LEC/CMH/CDM, and have recently thrown in some of those screw-in leds with the diffusers removed. After trying them, I'm giving some serious thought to building some COBs... I'm trying to procrastinate long enough for the prices to come down a little more, but they'd better hurry up, lol!

I guess I should stop before this turns into a book, or something for the History Channel, besides, I'm late for a nap, I think, lol!

Anywho, glad to be here, and it will be great to get to know you all, and to steal as many of your growing ideas as I can! Then, I'll try to get a journal up, if I can figure out how!

Horse Badorties

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, The Dude Abides and 25 others like this

#2 Missginger

Missginger

Aka Fleur

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:40 PM

Great intro thread Horse, welcome to the circle of green.

We're all a bit weird and wacky here, (even if they say they aren't don't listen they are) they'll try to pull the wool over your eyes especially those Welsh ones.

Being 70 yes you're officially an old git, but there's lots of gits on here so you'll fit in just nicely. Make sure to provide lots of farty bits in some slippers. These lot love that, poo particles it is.

Hope you enjoy your time here, there's an abundance of information and such a lovely bunch to help you along your way with any queries. There's will always be someone who has the knowledge on the information you desire.
  • Budgie, The Dude Abides, weedtroll and 15 others like this

#3 smokin soul

smokin soul

droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe

• Respected User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:45 PM

hello and welcome horse :hiya:

• The Dude Abides, weedtroll, duke and 9 others like this

#4 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:13 PM

Ahh english, a language that unites us and seperates us at the same time :D

Welcome Horse badorties :D You seem like a top geezer, me old china ;) even if you are a bit of an old git too.  Nowt wrong with being a codger though :D

Don't fret, you'll soon pick up the lingo and will be chirpin like a cockney sparra in the blink of a pork pie ;)

Chips are fries and crisps are chips, biscuit are cookies and cookies are well...still cookies :D

"Mon" though, that would be scots :) and really just means c'mon. Yes, we are that lazy we dropped the c' :P we save them up for callin diddy's and bawbags, aw the cunts we cun :D

It's even more bizarre than english english. 

Stick aroun lang enough and you'll be rattlin ra patter in nae time big yin, jist like ye wur born in the glasga barras, wey a tartan bunnet and a bottle o bru :D

Glad to see you all fitting in nicely :) it's a great place and the people are all top notch :D

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, The Dude Abides and 17 others like this

#5 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,821 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:29 PM

Great intro thread Horse, welcome to the circle of green.

We're all a bit weird and wacky here, (even if they say they aren't don't listen they are) they'll try to pull the wool over your eyes especially those Welsh ones.

Being 70 yes you're officially an old git, but there's lots of gits on here so you'll fit in just nicely. Make sure to provide lots of farty bits in some slippers. These lot love that, poo particles it is.

Hope you enjoy your time here, there's an abundance of information and such a lovely bunch to help you along your way with any queries. There's will always be someone who has the knowledge on the information you desire.

Thanks Missginger!  Weird and wacky are right up my alley... and I know about those Welsh, Ms H is 1/2 of one! One of the great things about being 70 is that I no longer have to blame any farty bits on the dog (she always ratted me out, anyway, lol), and slippers, I am ahead at the foot in that dept... but farty bits in there, do you guys wear Depends for socks over there?

I can tell now I'm going to like it here, thanks for letting me stay!

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 11 others like this

#6 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,821 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:30 PM

hello and welcome horse :hiya:

Thank you kindly, smokin soul!

• The Dude Abides, smokin soul, weedtroll and 6 others like this

#7 Doublej

Doublej

Upper Left US

• Respected User
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:30 PM

HaHaHa,,, yeah your a git, and ole one too....... :flog:

:fly: 

Its is a breath of fresh air here... hell theres a fishing thread that had me locked in for sure as well as alot of cool folk here as well

good to see you over here man.....

:hattip:

• The Dude Abides, smokin soul, weedtroll and 8 others like this

#8 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,821 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:32 PM

Hi(gh) Horse.

:)

Hi(gh) dee ho, Marc!

• The Dude Abides, smokin soul, weedtroll and 6 others like this

#9 DreDdYBoY

DreDdYBoY

Sir smoke alot

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:36 PM

Ya can't blame mrs H for never givin up big up mrs H an the 1000w

welcome to the land of old gits ;)
  • The Dude Abides, smokin soul, weedtroll and 7 others like this

#10 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:50 PM

@Horse Badorties welcome to the circle and yes we have allways room for more potheads be they of any and all creeds races and colours we all have a green friend in common,peace

• The Dude Abides, weedtroll, Solo Quin and 6 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.