8 replies to this topic

#1 Lab Rat

Lab Rat

Silent runningz

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:24 PM

Hi I got a new fancy misty prop but not sure my 30w bulb is powerful enough for this size?

Attached Files

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 6 others like this

#2 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:28 PM

Getting rid of the big green vent and replacing it with something transparent would probably help, as might putting a reflector above the lamp (a paper plate threaded onto the flex, or even the the base of the lamp itself, works quite well) :)

eta: And perhaps having the lamp horizontal is a good idea? It looks like a lot more light comes out of the sides than the bottom. [More tube surface area on the sides]
  • The Dude Abides, Lab Rat, Bandit 4freekin20 and 3 others like this

#3 Stoney

Stoney

Squisher

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:43 PM

that is plenty of light for cuttings, they don't like too much light. i often shade my cloner with a larger plant. 

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, Lab Rat and 5 others like this

#4 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:49 PM

that is plenty of light for cuttings, they don't like too much light. i often shade my cloner with a larger plant. 

If any light at all ? i`m pretty sure i read they don`t need any light to root once upon a time, i might be wrong though, old`ish head and forgetfull. :) But yes i`m on that menu too, not much light at all is needed for them to take and i do try to shade my cutts under bigger rooted cutts usually if i can.

• The Dude Abides, Lab Rat, fairy and 5 others like this

#5 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:26 PM

i used one of them - well my own home made effort, but the same principle, with a 25 w CFL household light.

My own one used a maxijet 500 and the X stream H shaped spray bar

It was ideal , cos it kept them small while the mum flowered out, and then the mum was done, junior was ready to go.

They work excellently, and ive even run them with plain water till the roots appeared, but mostly used it with about 5ml/ litre of Ionic formulex, changed out every couple of weeks.

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, Lab Rat and 3 others like this

#6 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:28 PM

i used one of them - well my own home made effort, but the same principle, with a 25 w CFL household light.

My own one used a maxijet 500 and the X stream H shaped spray bar

I just used to keep the lid on them for a week , sometimes never bothered with the lid at all, and they always rooted out.

It was ideal , cos it kept them small while the mum flowered out, and then the mum was done, junior was ready to go.

They work excellently, and ive even run them with plain water till the roots appeared, but mostly used it with about 5ml/ litre of Ionic formulex, changed out every couple of weeks.

#7 Lab Rat

Lab Rat

Silent runningz

• Respected User
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:01 AM

Cheers guys, let you know how I get on. :pimped:

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, Bubonik Chronic and 3 others like this

#8 fairy

fairy

NFT

• Respected User
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:55 PM

ive used one././.

i'd say that till you actually get roots then waste of time imo... then once roots are out then they go good in it..

light i would deffo put out of the way of the cuts so they can concentrate on rooting

• 2scoops, Lab Rat and Dutchy like this

#9 Lab Rat

Lab Rat

Silent runningz

• Respected User
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:09 PM

After 7 days 10 out of 12 rooted.

post-48-0-46647700-1499285388.jpg

Attached Files

• duke, fairy, bigbadbillybob and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.