11 replies to this topic

#1 fairy

fairy

NFT

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:03 PM

Well of late ive been messing around with bulbs and re searching here and there.

i recently tried the

SolisTek 600w MH Grow Light Bulb Full Spectrum Daylight 4K and was not impressed with these.. i was told in the shop they do the job lot same as dual spectrum but i found them very slow compared to dual... and when i did my usual lollipop 2 weeks in they did not carry on with the bit of veg left like normally in this part of the grow,.. they created more trich thats for sure same as LED does...

so i slammed in some flower hps bulbs in for final weeks.. never used just flower bulbs before so im unsure on these also,, but sure they have more Par? i think than dual spectrum.

ive never done full on MH for veg, and after reading up on web ive read alot people still saying faster growth under dual spectrum.. now i know some of you use MH on here so what ya think to that?

think sunmaster bringing out a finisher bulb or have done,,, surely thats a load of bollocks?

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#2 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:15 PM

I just don`t know so i`m interested what peeps have to say, but im all for red spec full on flowering bulbs nowadays to get best out the plant with hps light set up. You can also veg the plants quite happily under a full on red spec flowering bulb by the way.

Switching to mh bulbs(blue light)  last week should finnish plants off quicker if you need to do that, well tis what Budgie told me.

• The Dude Abides, Roy Cropper, fairy and 4 others like this

#3 fairy

fairy

NFT

• Respected User
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:19 PM

be good to see what they say Jimmi... alot of choice and different methods of using said bulbs.

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, Bandit 4freekin20 and 2 others like this

#4 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:26 PM

never used just flower bulbs before so im unsure on these also,, but sure they have more Par? i think than dual spectrum.

Not sure if relevant, but here's one I prepared earlier (in 2012, it seems)...

Attached Files

• 2scoops, Roy Cropper, fairy and 3 others like this

#5 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:30 PM

I will add my tuppence here.

Ive tried out a few "dual spec" lamps, also "metal halides" and "bloom" or "red spectrum" HPS .

I found the plants did best under metal halides in veg, and looked a lot healthier when vegged under MH. i mean noticably healthier, better colour and generally sprite-lier if thats even a word.

The dual spectrum and red spectrum, i never noticed any difference between them, not a bit, but my mate would use the red spec ones and swear his results were better, but they didnt look any better to me lol.

, but...... if................ i was to start over again, i would use a combination of the MH and the dual spec.

But not a 50/50 combination. If i had 4 lights say, and could afford 8 lamps i would use the 4 MH in veg, then 3 Dual specs and a metal halide in bloom.

I reckon this would give the best results

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, Roy Cropper and 5 others like this

#6 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:19 PM

can't go wrong with the old growlux (sylvania) 600w duel spec, at around £20 a bulb they work fine for both veg and bloom imo, just depends how much you wanna spend on light bulbs while growing i reckon ? 

so whatever you pull from a say a 600w light fixture, i can't see there being a noticeable difference in bud, weight wise, if using mh and red spec or just plain ol' duel spec, (apart from wallet shrinkage)

maybe a difference in trich production tho 

horses for courses, what was the question again ? 

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, fairy and 5 others like this

#7 fairy

fairy

NFT

• Respected User
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:48 PM

duno if question or debate on all said bulbs...   nice to know peoples findings and opinions on all bulbs..

• The Dude Abides, Roy Cropper, Bandit 4freekin20 and 2 others like this

#8 fairy

fairy

NFT

• Respected User
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:54 AM

hows the ass? ;0)

are they the Phillips ones?

• The Dude Abides, Bandit 4freekin20, Dutchy and 1 other like this

#9 fairy

fairy

NFT

• Respected User
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:14 AM

not cheap the Phillips bulbs are they.

are they full spectrum?

• The Dude Abides, Bandit 4freekin20, Dutchy and 1 other like this

#10 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:22 AM

And if you use both colour spectrum bulbs, there are 2 main benefits

1., your plants will benefit from a wider spectrum of light, and

2. your bum will thank you

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, fairy and 2 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.