#11 Bandit 4freekin20

Bandit 4freekin20

American Outlaw

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:19 PM

Plagas-Orugas-3.jpg

I get them any time I have outdoor plants. Might not be the same type of caterpillar but sure sounds like what I deal with.

My remedy is hunt them down every day, pick them off, and step on or squish them. They'll always be in the upper parts of the plants, the tallest growing tips, and can cocoon by wrapping themselves in a leaf blade with their webbing.

BT caterpillar killer can work to kill and repel and their natural predator are wasps.

If they're like the worms I get you must get them off when you find them. They dont like cannabis resin and will burrow down inside a bud to eat the stalk and kill the bud which kills the resin. The result from the burrow and chewing will look like bud rot or mold and cause dead loss in the harvest.

mold-5.jpg

More than likely they came from a moth(s) laying eggs on your plants. Make sure moths cannot get inside your grow space and if outside a bug zapper can often help get the moths before they lay eggs but still gotta search them out every day.

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, weedtroll and 4 others like this

#12 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:48 PM

Plagas-Orugas-3.jpg

I get them any time I have outdoor plants. Might not be the same type of caterpillar but sure sounds like what I deal with.

My remedy is hunt them down every day, pick them off, and step on or squish them. They'll always be in the upper parts of the plants, the tallest growing tips, and can cocoon by wrapping themselves in a leaf blade with their webbing.

BT caterpillar killer can work to kill and repel and their natural predator are wasps.

If they're like the worms I get you must get them off when you find them. They dont like cannabis resin and will burrow down inside a bud to eat the stalk and kill the bud which kills the resin. The result from the burrow and chewing will look like bud rot or mold and cause dead loss in the harvest.

mold-5.jpg

More than likely they came from a moth(s) laying eggs on your plants. Make sure moths cannot get inside your grow space and if outside a bug zapper can often help get the moths before they lay eggs but still gotta search them out every day.

That reminds me of the first time I had sawfly larva, I was growing Mango Haze in my London garden and bought it in the garage to finish in late October.

The top of the plant looked exactly like your 2nd pic, I assumed it was bud rot and cut it off. I thought I'd dry it on a radiator, cut out the mould and try smoking it. It smelt fabulous, just like ripe mangoes, I went to break the bud up and this larva leapt out and was wriggling like mad on my rolling tray, scared the shit outta me.

Lucky I didn't grind it lol.

All good things

TDA

• Dekay, 2scoops, weedtroll and 6 others like this

#13 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:12 PM

Hoodaloo Circlers

I found some tiny green wriggly things on a couple of leaves, they seemed to have spun some sort of lines under the leaf

Bits of the leaf had kind of vanished from inside 

I'm fairly sure the're moth larvae... makes sense as there are billions of the fuckers about

Defo not thrips or mites

Anyone had this before/know how to fuck them off?

I have neem & plant invigorator, so I think I'll neem spray them thoroughly tonight and then hit them with the other stuff in a few days

I think I've seen the same sort of leaf damage in the garden before & didn't know how it happened, it almost looks like evil fairies have cast a spell on it

The plant still looks great apart from that, but I gotta kill these mofos quick

Cheers me dears

ewe could always try a can of raid fly spray like vladtheinhaler did ..........but it did fuk his plants if i remember ........or a bug bomb in there for organic veg ? :D

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, weedtroll and 3 others like this

#14 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:08 AM

Funnily enough, what @lefty says about them reminds me I've had them before, outside. great pics BTW

I saw that the tops weren't opening up like they should, peeled 'em open to find little green fuckers chillaxing inside

I've checked all my tops and they're clear

I would never have guessed that bud pic wasn't rot... can't be having that happening

I ended up rubbing all the leaves, as it's not rammed in there, and then spraying wit neem - tops, bottoms & stalks with a pressure sprayer. Neem just seems like a good catch-all kind of thing 

Can't find my peroxide so I'll pick some up tomorrow

I think I just squished them when I had them before, and went on to a decent little harvest. If I find any more they'll feel the back of my thumb

Right, summer is over right now!

It's hot and nasty things are doing nasty things. Stop the world, I'm getting off

Wake me up arse end of October

It's giving me the arsul, as a good old friend used to say... on a daily basis

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, weedtroll and 2 others like this

#15 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:16 AM

Man they not nice I suppose it depends on scale though when I use to look at spider mites under scope I swear sometime they turned came for me and seeing things at that level you forget and move away :rvmp: I was gonna say something but it cant have been important :)

• The Dude Abides, weedtroll, KiefKat and 3 others like this

#16 DreDdYBoY

DreDdYBoY

Sir smoke alot

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:45 AM

I wonder if we de carbed them an turned them crunchy might be a nice snack to complement the smoke.

On a serious note kill em kill em all
  • The Dude Abides, weedtroll, Sprink and 2 others like this

#17 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:03 AM

got them on my toms at the mo they make round holes in leaves 

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, weedtroll and 5 others like this

#18 DreDdYBoY

DreDdYBoY

Sir smoke alot

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:44 PM

Critters are a bitch for outdoor growing... fleur was shocked to see all our runner beans eaten... Dogs really like em for some strange reason
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, weedtroll and 1 other like this

#19 Stoney

Stoney

Squisher

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:22 PM

i have not tried this yet but i bought it with full intention on spraying it on my tomato and pepper plants this summer, i get hammered with horned caterpillars every year....

gallery_1384_593_1250396.jpg

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, weedtroll and 2 others like this

#20 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:10 PM

O fuk we outdoor jesus christ beef read the post :) oi I can rent u my butty out he's called big jim slade :) he likes a smoke before he starts munching .....30 quid a week bach ? :)

He likes pork scratching to btw.

Attached Files

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, weedtroll and 2 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.