• Dekay, The Dude Abides, Zipp and 6 others like this

#12 Bandit 4freekin20

Bandit 4freekin20

American Outlaw

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:17 PM

IDK if this is true or not but from the purps I've grown intentionally and the purps that have shown unexpectedly I think that if the purps start at the flower and spreads outward it's genetics and will happen in almost any condition. These purps show right before harvest and are often a sign of ripening.

When it starts at the leaves and works inward or just the leaves turn purple it's due to cold temps or at least a large temp swing from day to night.

If the purps are in the stems and stalks then that's an uptake problem and needs to be corrected. It usually comes from cold damp soil and compacted soil. The plant cannot take up water and nutes as free as it would like. When those passage ways are less than ideal they turn a purple or very dark red

The wild card in the color wheel are the pink strains. If you get a pink there's a good chance it has Roadkill Skunk genetics in it. It will be beautiful but smell gawd awful yet be some of the most potent weed you'll smoke :seeingstars:

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 8 others like this

#13 Clarice_Starling

Clarice_Starling

Token Clueless Idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:19 PM

That's really interesting. I will remember that about keeping an eye out on the stems. 

Thankyou

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 6 others like this

#14 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:30 PM

I've found the True Purples show their colours from the very first fledgling leafs, just a flush of purpley underneath and deep purple from the first flowering calyxes.

In-fact @Clarice_Starling, totally one off, if you really want to try something a little bit special, and can commit to growing and showing, I have got some Gooeybreeders LavaBerry beans for grabs. These are the purplest I've had, easy grower, 9 weeker, not too big/not too small, nice phat buds, and the smoke is pretty good too, with that lubbly jubbly lip smacking aftertaste that purples often have. If you are interested drop me a PM and we will work something out :ninja:

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 10 others like this

#15 Clarice_Starling

Clarice_Starling

Token Clueless Idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:36 PM

That's mighty fine of ya @Budgie - Thankyou. 

I am still very new to growing so I feel that if I took you up on your kind offer now, there would be a very high chance of me not allowing the plant to reach its full potential just by noob mistakes/lack of knowledge.

However, I would still love to give it a bash, please let me build up a bit of forum trust (forum trusting me, not me trusting the forum!) and growing knowledge and I would be delighted to grow one. I'm more than happy to work out am agreement with you. 

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 8 others like this

#16 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:57 PM

You got any of them grand daddy purp beans yet?

i have,going to be my next starting from seed grow,once ive flowered all the clones/mothers i have atm!but been looking forward to them for a while now just want to do justice to the genetics,peace

• The Dude Abides, Zipp, Joe and 5 others like this

#17 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

Good old photosynthesis - reminds me of my school days. In some respects we never stop learning. Was it Chlorophyll that is the substance that makes leaves green? Trying to remember my GCSE biology classes from many years ago!

Yup you got it, i got my CSE (showing age lol) in biology too. :)

IDK if this is true or not but from the purps I've grown intentionally and the purps that have shown unexpectedly I think that if the purps start at the flower and spreads outward it's genetics and will happen in almost any condition. These purps show right before harvest and are often a sign of ripening.

Yes that`s what i noticed too in the odd purps buddage iv`e had, after flushing out the greeness i mean chrorophyll in the plants leaves the buds went purple, they look lovely too. Here`s a picture from last grow, twas a lush green till about a week before chop.

11 (9)

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, Zipp and 5 others like this

#18 Clarice_Starling

Clarice_Starling

Token Clueless Idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:28 PM

"Beautiful Plumage! "
(Sorry, I am watching Monty Python and couldn't resist - that's a lovely pretty little lady)
  • The Dude Abides, Zipp, Doublej and 2 others like this

#19 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:02 PM

here is one i grew earlier.

it was a sweet seeds one, either dark devil or black cream, cant remember

was a decent smoke too

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 8 others like this

#20 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,821 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:54 PM

Up until recently, I was also of the mind that purples weren't that special when it came the buzz. No better or worse that  something green. But most of the purple pot I've grow does have a distinctive, almost grape-like flavor, at least to me :P

Then last winter I was gifted some of Gooeybreeder's Dark Desire x LED. It's in another league! Starts out with a euphoric, settled feeling, and will stay that way until you ramp up your intake, then it will set you down with a wonderful, pain relieving body stone. And it's terps are deliciously mouthwatering :weed: , the sour grape soda pheno is my favorite. And, even decarbed, and cooked, the flavor stays!

Attached File  DDxLED 1 (6).jpg   143.03KB   0 downloads

I'd take Budgie up on his offer :bigjoint:

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 5 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.