Photo
- - - - -

lefty's highdro~orgazmic Thai'm machine

88mph swampaponics PINOC Dark Light intergalactic cantina Durban Thai OUsux exotic sensi bumpin uglies flux capacitor built 4 speed

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#1 Bandit 4freekin20

Bandit 4freekin20

American Outlaw

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:25 AM

Howdy Y'all! :cowboy:

Cheers to you for clicking on this diary! Glad to have you here and hope to have you follow along and join in this adventure!

Personally I'm very excited to do a grow journal on an international forum alongside so many other personal growers from all over the world.

And many thanks to the hosts and mods making  this forum happen!

This will be a single crop grow started from seed and will be documented all the way to the cure process.

I'll be going into detail every step of the way. You'll see some very familiar things and some very unfamiliar things happen here.

Feel free to ask any questions about anything and I'm always open to hear suggestions and be made aware of new innovations!

This garden and any garden I grow is designed to be efficient and produce very resinous flowers and leaves from several diverse strains at one time.

The bulk of my harvest goes into making hash and oils while only the best cola flowers are kept for smoking.

I grow without pesticides and chemicals but I would not consider this garden organic.

This room uses several types of grow lights.

Dimmable CMH or LEC in three different spectrums and two different types of LED.

One LED, a California LightWorks Solar System 550 is programmable with a variety of spectrums and power settings.

The medium I use could be called soil, potting mix, or soilless mix. The method in which I control watering and feeding is with an ebb & flow hydroponic system.

413%2BJ516EbL.jpg

My grow room is outfitted with total air and temp control. The controllers maintain temps and humidity automatically and the room has two exhaust systems for odor elimination.

All electrical is centrally located with an automatic fire suppressor watching over it in case of fire.

Co2 is monitored but I do not gas my gardens. Between my wife, two  dogs, a cat, and myself we produce plenty of co2 during the Summer.

In the Winter time our gas appliances produce huge amounts of co2 so my room is never lacking the gas and I dont need to be concerned with adding it or trying to preserve it by sealing my room.

The room is painted black to enhance the dark periods but there are hammered aluminum panels attached to the walls where they can help with light reflectivity.

:marmswave:  Let's Get Started!!!! :marmswave:

I keep my seed stash stored in  a C-Vault container with humidity and oxygen absorbing packs then the container is kept in my refrigerator.

They remain at a constant 40*F (4.4*C), 30%RH, and zero oxygen

These will be the packs I dip into for this grow

Kung Pow Thai from Master Thai Genetics

Ript Banana from Ript Genetics

Mendo Haze from Gooeybreeder

Island Mix from Gooeybreeder

To germinate I use a technique known as Vertical Germination.

It's the same thing as the paper towel process with a few exceptions.

I use toilet paper instead of paper towels.

I put the toilet paper inside DVD or Xbox cases, dampen it with purified water, add seeds, add the cover layer of toilet paper, then stand the DVD cases on end in a pitcher with a shallow pool of water inside for the paper to wick up and keep the seeds moist.

The pitcher is then placed on a controlled heat mat. In 24-48 hours the seeds will pop and begin to grow

The reasoning behind placing seeds in a standing container is to get the tap root to work with gravity.

When a seed pops it's first agenda is determine which way is up. Gravity and then light help the seed orientate itself.

Once the seed knows which way is up, the cotyledon will move skyward and the root will go down.

If the seed remains on it's side like on a plate, it cannot determine which way is up so the root will grow in a spiral pattern and look like a pig tail.

Vertical germination keeps the tap root straight. The longer soak time waiting for the root to grow softens the shell which eliminates the shell from being able to stick on the cotyledon creating the problem known as "helmet heads"

When the sprouts are at least half as long as my index finger I plant them.

My potting mix is a blend of coco and peat with added crab meal and few other mild nutrient additives that are already in the coco/peat mix.

I also use airpots at this stage of the grow.

To begin planting I fill the airpot with potting mix and water it in very well. When the mix settles after watering I may add more to make sure the airpot is topped off with potting mix.

Then I add the sprout by taking my finger and making a hole down in the mix then sliding the tap root down in the hole.

When the cotyledon is slightly above the medium surface I collapse the potting mix around the tap root and lightly pack it around the baby sprout. If needed I sometimes add a little more water to make sure the sprout is seated well in the potting mix.

And that pretty much completes how I germinate and gets heads to the surface!

These first four KPT are ahead of the rest of the beans but the peloton is coming along either splitting shells or starting their tails right now.

I'll repeat this process until every dropped seed either sprouts a tail or becomes a known dud.

As the sprouts come ready they're going under a single 315 watt CMH (4200k lamp) dimmed down to 190 watts

And with that, day one is in the books!

Thanks for tuning in and I hope you enjoy the show!!!

Peace, Luv, and Light 'em up!!! :jointroll:

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 22 others like this

#2 Stoney

Stoney

Squisher

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:39 AM

oh yeah!!!!!  i can't miss this one!!!

and man i am not familiar with any of those strains well kinda the ript banana because you grew that one already (note to self, always buy seeds of plants that lefty grows twice)... should be a great one!!!!!

i knew if anyone was to make use of the dimming feature, it would be you!!!

have a great weekend brother!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 13 others like this

#3 W.S

W.S

Taking over from Monte!

• Respected User
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:26 AM

This looks very interesting dude! Definitely want to see where this goes, subbed up. Good luck with your adventures! 

• The Dude Abides, smokin soul, duke and 9 others like this

#4 Doublej

Doublej

Upper Left US

• Respected User
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:22 AM

Nice start brother Lefty... I pushed the follow botton... :pimped:

Best of luck bro.....

Peace

• The Dude Abides, smokin soul, duke and 8 others like this

#5 Bandit 4freekin20

Bandit 4freekin20

American Outlaw

• Respected User
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:57 PM

oh yeah!!!!!  i can't miss this one!!!

and man i am not familiar with any of those strains well kinda the ript banana because you grew that one already (note to self, always buy seeds of plants that lefty grows twice)... should be a great one!!!!!

i knew if anyone was to make use of the dimming feature, it would be you!!!

have a great weekend brother!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ript Banana is about as special as they come brother! Right now it's my all time fave strain and that's saying something!

IDK if Ript is even making seeds or selling them anywhere anymore. If you go searching and come up empty look for Ghost Train Haze.

The Mendo Haze are slow to get going and if they're duds, I might pop the rest of the Bananas.

I think I'm at the right time of year to get those seeds going, take clones, and run an epic outdoor breeding project on the Banana so I can have several hundy of those seeds.

If that happens I'll grow the Banana every crop like you do with ARC.

If the Mendo Haze get going I think it's about the same as the NorCal Chernobyl cut we grew out.

The Island mix is unknown.

The Kung Pow could be special. We'll see but there is a reason it shot to the top of my grow priorities. Durban Poison and Pluton Thai gets me licking my chops. Then that Tahoe Blue is just a cherry on top that should trim down the flower time on the two exotics in there.

<
<
>
>
Gonna put that slicer clamp to use today brother!!!!

It fits my slicer perfect!

I have two big ol flank steaks I froze yesterday to make slicing easier then I'm gonna thaw the meat, marinate it, and make jerky!!!!

I'm about to head to the butcher shop too. I've been eating the surf for a few weeks now and I'm craving some turf!!!

I'm thinking a big ass ribeye, baked tater, corn on the cob, and a green salad with the rest of my cherry tomatoes should fix this craving :bbq: :chuchu:

This looks very interesting dude! Definitely want to see where this goes, subbed up. Good luck with your adventures! 

Glad to have ya here for the show W.S. and thanks for the nice words!!! :greet:

Nice start brother Lefty... I pushed the follow botton... :pimped:

Best of luck bro.....

Peace

Thanks brother!!!

Where is this Follow button you speak of? I've been trying to figure out how to subscribe to threads since I got here!!! :stonedsmilie:

Thanks for joining in and offering the nice words my friend!!!

BTW man I've been using that big jug of Botanicare Grow on my new outdoor plantings.

I dont pH or anything...Just add 30mils of the stuff to my two gallon watering can and fill it from the hose.

That shit has my landscape looking tits brother!!!

I got back from the island and so many plants had heat stress and were yellowing. That shit greened 'em up and got 'em perky almost overnight!!!

<
>
<
>
Kung Pow Thai with a hearty good morning to the Circle!

Edited by lefty, 14 July 2017 - 03:58 PM.

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 14 others like this

#6 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:00 PM

I'm following along fella, I clicked on the "follow this topic" button which is top right of my page (On my laptop) don't know about from phones. :)

Great start to a diary and I love the DVD case tip,  going try it next germination,.

What temp do you keep the mat at Lefty, my propagator is not variable temp see so I was wondering if it might make the water too warm?

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 12 others like this

#7 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:00 PM

Nice one Lefty, the vertical wet paper thingy is brilliant, never seen roots so straight.

Subbed up for the journey amigo, don't forget the slipper shots.

(the follow button is at the top right of every page of a thread)

All good things

TDA

• Dekay, duke, Forest and 11 others like this

#8 Doublej

Doublej

Upper Left US

• Respected User
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:49 PM

Yeah what dude said... Upper right..
Botanicare FTW,,..........

Edited by Doublej, 14 July 2017 - 06:51 PM.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 8 others like this

#9 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:49 PM

Aw man bet you got an alien ware laptop lol, looking forward to this wish I could afford it all, everything sounds good to me mate but being told my fart stinks when I havent farted would too at mo, only quarter a ml of oil tonight, tomorrow is half a ml day, should be far out like this grow dude.

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, duke and 10 others like this

#10 Elevator dude

Elevator dude

Hail the Apocalypse

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:50 PM

Saw a bunch of pics getting uploaded the last few days. I assumed this was coming,

hoped this was coming more like it. i always learn something new reading your journals.

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 11 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 88mph, swampaponics, PINOC Dark Light, intergalactic cantina, Durban Thai, OUsux, exotic sensi, bumpin uglies, flux capacitor, built 4 speed

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.