26 replies to this topic

#1 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:43 PM

So iv recently bought a 125mm rvk and rhino pro combo but iv been a lil bit underwhelmed with its power.Now before i have to go buy a 150mm set I was wondering how much better the Can fans
are.Iv had a mooch about on eBay and the high power 5incher comes in at 350m3/h that's compared to the 225m3/h
of my current one.Whos used em they any good?
Cheers BC.
  • The Dude Abides, denots, fairy and 3 others like this

#2 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:24 PM

Hey BC

I don't know the technical stuff, but I use a 6" Isomax can fan and I like it a lot

It was £250 and I consider it good value, and you know how broke I always am

• The Dude Abides, denots, Bubonik Chronic and 1 other like this

#3 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:23 PM

I've ran a rvk125 and it was ok, upgraded to 150 and the difference is imence, almost sucks my room inside out never mind the tent
  • The Dude Abides, denots, Sprink and 2 others like this

#4 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:06 PM

Here`s what i`m looking at for my next grow http://www.ebay.co.u...a4AAOSwYGFU1Nqx it`s got a twin speed button but i did compare the noise to others and it comes in very low noise compared to lots and i`m gonna run the spuk temp controller thingi one of these here https://www.ebay.co....=p2047675.l2562 i`m all about the cheap and well all specs look good to me. :)

• The Dude Abides, denots, Sprink and 3 others like this

#5 Stoney

Stoney

Squisher

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:21 PM

Here`s what i`m looking at for my next grow http://www.ebay.co.u...a4AAOSwYGFU1Nqx it`s got a twin speed button but i did compare the noise to others and it comes in very low noise compared to lots and i`m gonna run the spuk temp controller thingi one of these here https://www.ebay.co....=p2047675.l2562 i`m all about the cheap and well all specs look good to me. :)

this is how i have my setup on my exhaust fan and it works great!!  just dial in your temp and it's kind of set it and forget it thing... in the summer i turn the fan speed up a little then turn it down in the winter but the temp is always the same!!

i'm not familiar with the fans Bubonik Chronic posted but i use this brand here and it has worked flawless for years, and i bought it used....  http://www.ebay.co.u...rkAAOSw0j9ZScD0

pretty quiet and moves a lot of air!!

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, denots and 3 others like this

#6 denots

denots

oil me up before you go go

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:48 PM

I've used CAN since they took over from RUCK, Top fan imo. I still run a RUCK which must be going on 10 year old now and a CAN which is about 5/6 year old.

The can I use now is      Can RK plastic cased fan (L) (High Powered) 8" (200mm) 1090m3/h   When you turn the fan up you have never seen negative pressure like it  :D .

• Sprink, Bubonik Chronic, Stoney and 1 other like this

#7 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:33 PM

Hey BC

I don't know the technical stuff, but I use a 6" Isomax can fan and I like it a lot
It was £250 and I consider it good value, and you know how broke I always am

iv promised my self one of them mate but funds are a bit short at the min (got a holiday and a few kids birthdays cummin up) so it's gunna have to wait till after xmas 

I've ran a rvk125 and it was ok, upgraded to 150 and the difference is imence, almost sucks my room inside out never mind the tent

that big a difference?.Id have to buy a new cf as well though

Here mate if it works it works I'm just a bit dubious about how quite they actually are ,You'll have to let me know how it does,and if that controller makes it buzz it's tits off 

this is how i have my setup on my exhaust fan and it works great!!  just dial in your temp and it's kind of set it and forget it thing... in the summer i turn the fan speed up a little then turn it down in the winter but the temp is always the same!!

i'm not familiar with the fans Bubonik Chronic posted but i use this brand here and it has worked flawless for years, and i bought it used....  http://www.ebay.co.u...rkAAOSw0j9ZScD0
pretty quiet and moves a lot of air!!

Cheers dude,I grow in a loft and even with a shitload of insulation I get some pretty crazy temps so it can be a nightmare lol

I've used CAN since they took over from RUCK, Top fan imo. I still run a RUCK which must be going on 10 year old now and a CAN which is about 5/6 year old.

The can I use now is      Can RK plastic cased fan (L) (High Powered) 8" (200mm) 1090m3/h   When you turn the fan up you have never seen negative pressure like it  :D .

Haha yeah Iv been looking at same series fan but the high power 5''.I might just give it a punt cheers lads
  • 2scoops, denots, Sprink and 1 other like this

#8 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:01 PM

Any controller will deffo buzz unless you use summink like a variac speed controller or similar, but the fan says how loud it is and tbh you could run it without a controller and just use the 2 speed thingi on top. I would think you could even add a cheapo thermostat so it flips up or down using the 2 speeds depending on temps, but that`s Missy`s depo and if i did that i`d be bugging her for info and advice on how too. :)

• denots, Bubonik Chronic and Mr.Happy like this

#9 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:09 PM

That is handy having a twin speed on em.I'm on about gerrin a variac mate one of them manual single ones as I'm runnin a passive intake and also fuck paying 200 squid for a sms hybrid one lol
  • 2scoops, denots and Mr.Happy like this

#10 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:37 PM

That is handy having a twin speed on em.I'm on about gerrin a variac mate one of them manual single ones as I'm runnin a passive intake and also fuck paying 200 squid for a sms hybrid one lol

Yes i only ever run a passive intake myself its just less faffing around. This guy has lots of fans in his ebay shop to look at by the way, but this one HERE shifts some serious air and is quieter than last, also it has built in overheat protection and a summink else on fire protection menu to do with motor, it would be ideal with a variac and it`s a good brand. Oh and i tell ya what if you see a cheapo variac let me know, i`m a tight git, :)

PS

Tha`s got me looking at inline extractors on ebay now for last hour or so and still now. :rolleyes:

• denots, Bubonik Chronic, Mr.Happy and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.