• denots and Mr.Happy like this

#12 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:11 PM

I`m none too clued BC but i thought it were THESE type, the transformer type you need to stop buzzing when running at lower speeds .  But yes unsure and maybe both work and stop it or both are same but different lol, i`m bastard clueless man tbh. :D

I prefer to see noise levels the fans supposedly operate at myself that`s why i like the guy on fleabay in link i put up.

• denots, Bubonik Chronic and Mr.Happy like this

#13 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:59 PM

well i aint bought 1 yet but im liking the shine on this 1  ???? whats ya thoughts :huh:   a filter is sorted :D

https://www.airconce...AiABEgKwt_D_BwE

its only 35 decibels see. :D

• 2scoops, denots, Bubonik Chronic and 1 other like this

#14 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:45 PM

So iv recently bought a 125mm rvk and rhino pro combo but iv been a lil bit underwhelmed with its power.Now before i have to go buy a 150mm set I was wondering how much better the Can fans
are.Iv had a mooch about on eBay and the high power 5incher comes in at 350m3/h that's compared to the 225m3/h
of my current one.Whos used em they any good?
Cheers BC.

Don't rely solely on the raw throughput figures, which are always quoted as best case in free air with no ducting or other obstructions, and especially don't assume that two fans with the same rated throughput will actually move the same amount of air in any real-wrld application.

Ideally, you should check the static pressure graphs as well as they'll provide a better comparison in an actual usage situation. (See attached for the RK graphs)

Attached File  rk-pressure-graphs.png   34.79KB   0 downloads

well i aint bought 1 yet but im liking the shine on this 1  ???? whats ya thoughts :huh:   a filter is sorted :D

https://www.airconce...AiABEgKwt_D_BwE

its only 35 decibels see. :D

A Soler and Palau TD-500/150-160 SILENT is only 22 dB ;)
  • 2scoops, denots, Roy Cropper and 4 others like this

#15 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

• Respected User
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:48 PM

Don't rely solely on the raw throughput figures, which are always quoted as best case in free air with no ducting or other obstructions, and especially don't assume that two fans with the same rated throughput will actually move the same amount of air in any real-wrld application.

Ideally, you should check the static pressure graphs as well as they'll provide a better comparison in an actual usage situation. (See attached for the RK graphs)

attachicon.gifrk-pressure-graphs.png

A Soler and Palau TD-500/150-160 SILENT is only 22 dB ;)

link would be nice like missy. duw duw mun thats like giving me a sunday roast without gravy mun. :huh:
  • marque08, denots and Mr.Happy like this

#16 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:48 PM

I'm on about one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132193059882

I`m none too clued BC but i thought it were THESE type, the transformer type you need to stop buzzing when running at lower speeds .  But yes unsure and maybe both work and stop it or both are same but different lol, i`m bastard clueless man tbh. :D

Both are transformers and both will be silent, but the first one has a few discrete windings/speed steps whereas the second will be fully varaiable :)

#17 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:52 PM

link would be nice like missy. duw duw mun thats like giving me a sunday roast without gravy mun. :huh:

Manufacturer: http://www.solerpala...ns.html?cat=429

Not sure on good/best retailers, or prices, but this place has them and I've used them for other things in the past: TLC Direct
  • 2scoops, denots, captain beefheart and 2 others like this

#18 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

• Respected User
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:57 PM

Manufacturer: http://www.solerpala...ns.html?cat=429

Not sure on good/best retailers, or prices, but this place has them and I've used them for other things in the past: TLC Direct

hmmmmmmmmmmm   i`ll av to rob marge a bit more weekly for that 1 ive got about 3 weeks before it starts smelling the street out see...........offffff  i lost 30 quid today sweety. :D

#19 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:09 PM

So I watched the promotional video, and then this one of the TD-350 (350 m³/hr)...

...which seems pretty quiet to me.

And then I watched this one (no audio!) which shows around 21.5 dB at a distance of 3 metres for the TD-1000 (1,000 m³/hr)...

• 2scoops, denots, captain beefheart and 2 others like this

#20 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

• Respected User
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:18 PM

So I watched the promotional video, and then this one of the TD-350 (350 m³/hr)...

...which seems pretty quiet to me.

And then I watched this one (no audio!) which shows around 21.5 dB at a distance of 3 metres for the TD-1000 (1,000 m³/hr)...

that first 1 sounds sweet to me :D   diolch

• denots, Bubonik Chronic and Mr.Happy like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.