2 replies to this topic

#1 MrG

MrG

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

This I believe is the easiest and most fool proof method of germing seeds, for me it's a nigh on 100% germ rate.

1. Half fill from the tap a tumbler, pot, egg cup, anything really will do.

2. Plop your seeds in.

3. Wait around 24 hours for seeds to sink.

4. Wait another day and seeds will have split and tap root will show.

5. Put seeds into desired medium and grow away.

That really is it! Happy germing all :)
  • Budgie, Up2nogood, The Dude Abides and 2 others like this

#2 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:31 PM

I normally put mine in damp warm compost in a low heated prop with lid on,nearly every seed germinates but so many ways of getting seeds to sprout..

I have done what you said though too

• The Dude Abides, igiggle and MrG like this

#3 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:45 PM

I'm always a little scared of handling split seeds, or those with brand-new radicles, so I stop after step 3 and then put them into compost. Even if they haven't sunk after 24 hours, I plant them anyway and it seems to work. Similarly, if they sink sooner then I plant then sooner.

It's good to see you using 'new' tap water :) I'm of the opinion that the chlorine might help prevent damping off, which is always going to be a bit of a risk when presoaking, so I do the same :)
  • The Dude Abides, 1984, MrG and 2 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.