:)

#12 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:36 PM

Good to see you back at it m8, i know this is gonna be a good en, you know i`m following it, good stuff on the diary fella. :nice: .

• Knight Rider likes this

#13 Knight Rider

Knight Rider

Don't hassle the Hoff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:56 PM

Good to see you back at it m8, i know this is gonna be a good en, you know i`m following it, good stuff on the diary fella. :nice: .

Yeah good to be back mate.

Hopefully I'll smash the granny out of this one!

Edited by Knight Rider, 13 July 2014 - 11:57 PM.

• 2scoops likes this

#14 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:09 PM

Yeah good to be back mate.

Hopefully I'll smash the granny out of this one!

I`ll second that m8, deffo gonna smash it.

#15 Knight Rider

Knight Rider

Don't hassle the Hoff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

Cheers guys,

I'll try my  best for sure! ;)

Had a look tonight and I have got some roots in the res already, thats good going for the time they have been in!

Something I have not decided on is when I come to flower (a little way off I know) I am going to be running another hps bulb inbetween my main cool tubes (I've already got another digital ballast ready) but not sure how I am going to mount it!

Its only going to be 400w (maybe 600w) to compliment my 2x 1000 HPS so it can boost up the middle of the tent more and I can then spread out my cool tubes a bit further from one another. I'm thinking the easiest way is  just to run the bulb on its own vertically?

What do you reckon?

:hiya:

Edited by Knight Rider, 14 July 2014 - 10:14 PM.

• 2scoops likes this

#16 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

Sounds like a plan m8 on bulb section, why not. You can have too much light you know though m8, i not sure on maths of it but Anonymisss knows her stuff when it comes to this, i would think you should be ok with 2400watts in you space but i unsure tbh..

#17 Knight Rider

Knight Rider

Don't hassle the Hoff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:37 PM

Sounds like a plan m8 on bulb section, why not. You can have too much light you know though m8, i not sure on maths of it but Anonymisss knows her stuff when it comes to this, i would think you should be ok with 2400watts in you space but i unsure tbh..

Well going on past grows where it grows up in flower the middle gets a little shaded. I'm gonna not let it get out of control like the last one, gonna keep it a bit more tidy so wont be vegging for quite a long as the last grow! lol

I reckon the 400w in the middle should work well and boost up the middle. Im going to be utilising my screen so much better this time around thanks to my new system so want to really make use of the space I've got this time around as I reckon I've been  missing out of quite a few oz's lol.

Only going to be running the extra 400w for about 6 weeks anyway when its needed. ;)

Edited by Knight Rider, 14 July 2014 - 10:39 PM.

• 2scoops likes this

#18 Knight Rider

Knight Rider

Don't hassle the Hoff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

extra light should certainly fill in the shaded areas

only issue with your extra lites may be heat, but another oscillating fan may solve that one.

What sorta temps are you running with the Magnum XXLs, just out of curiosity?

i am looking at a pair of these myself, just so i can grow in the summer,. I know from previous experience that the cheaper air cooled shades dont really reduce the temps that much (mostly due to ill fitting glass covers or poor seals, but would like to hope the magnums would be air tight.

Are they?, and do you know roughly how much cooler your groom is compared to say, using barn shades?

thanks for your help, i hope

Yeah extra light will defo help boost the middle of the room better, thought thought it would be better to run a extra small hps rather than clf's as you get way more lumens from a hps bulb for the same power. ;)

I've used my Magnums for at least a few years now and love them, they are much better for summer but work just as good in the winter too as I redirect the hot air back in room. Excellent light spread too.

Yes they are airtight mate and made very well, one of the best air cooled hoods you can get but comes at a high price. You get what you pay for!

Temps in my grow room never go above 27c as its rigged up to my SMSCOM fan controller which works very well.

As for barn shades been so long cant remember!

After looking about when the time comes to put in the extra 400w HPS I think I am gonna get a small cooltube (as in the pic) as they are pretty cheap, I'll only be using it for about 6 weeks anyway and will easily plumb in between my Magnums. Sorted!

Attached Files

• Attached File  $_12.JPG   23.41KB   12 downloads

Edited by Knight Rider, 15 July 2014 - 05:07 PM.

• revert and Stretch like this

#19 Stretch

Stretch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:16 PM

Quality set up mate, It was your scrog over on you know where that inspired me to try one.

#20 Fieldy

Fieldy

Coco Grower !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

I'm having a bash at the Blue Cheese, thinking of doing one big boy in a 20l airpot under 2 600s... How long veg you reckon mate and you've got a banging set up there. I could easily have a tent like that myself
  • Knight Rider likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.