Cannasseur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

I think ebay may sell the kit? Not too sure though
No but have the others there
http://www.ebay.co.u...cat=0&_from=R40

I have seen those, thought of just adding a whiskey flavour too but dismissed them both

Im eventually gona get a proper flux still and some corn and rye, and do a proper whiskey mmmmm
Corn is a bit difficult to get in uk or rolled oats i believe its called in the US its called shaved corn in uk and mainly at cattle feed places.
  • Up2nogood likes this

#33 wonkeydonkeymonster

wonkeydonkeymonster

BAKED NOT FRIED

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

This is a great thread i have been very interested in making my own still just a small one. N e ideas?
  • Up2nogood likes this

#34 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

youtube maybe wonky..

I realised that at a usual starting gravity of just 1.080 my wine will only be about 11% when done so may put another kl of sugar in but can't test the gravilty because the yeast is already in for a few hours now,5kl of sugar lol..Should make it to about 13%

#35 sweetsmoker

sweetsmoker

Cannasseur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

A couple o yrs bk i was trying to find a bottle of single malt for my pals birthday and went to whiskey warehouse i think it was called thought it may be about £70/80 but shocked to learn £140+ lol he got tinnies instead but while there and not a member of the site a popup arrived saying enter your email for a chance to win a 40yr old bottle of highland park, i only entered my email and 1 month later
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408633508.038366.jpg   278.38KB   6 downloads
Could not believe my luck :) karma :)

It lasted 24 hrs price was £1200 :) about £80 a shot tasted unbelievabley awesome
And the hand crafted mahogany box :)
  • Up2nogood likes this

#36 sweetsmoker

sweetsmoker

Cannasseur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

This is a great thread i have been very interested in making my own still just a small one. N e ideas?

yeah man ebay flux still around £130 :)

#37 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

A couple o yrs bk i was trying to find a bottle of single malt for my pals birthday and went to whiskey warehouse i think it was called thought it may be about £70/80 but shocked to learn £140+ lol he got tinnies instead but while there and not a member of the site a popup arrived saying enter your email for a chance to win a 40yr old bottle of highland park, i only entered my email and 1 month later
attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1408633508.038366.jpg
Could not believe my luck :) karma :)

It lasted 24 hrs price was £1200 :) about £80 a shot tasted unbelievabley awesome
And the hand crafted mahogany box :)

At that price I'd have sold it and bought a few bottles of cheaper (but nice) whiskey and spent the rest on setting up an indoor groom! And at £80 a shot it would want to taste unbelievably awesome!

Nice prize nonetheless, did your mate (birthday boy) get to taste it?

• sweetsmoker likes this

#38 sweetsmoker

sweetsmoker

Cannasseur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:10 PM

At that price I'd have sold it and bought a few bottles of cheaper (but nice) whiskey and spent the rest on setting up an indoor groom! And at £80 a shot it would want to taste unbelievably awesome!

Nice prize nonetheless, did your mate (birthday boy) get to taste it?

It was a 10 min conversation should i sell or swig :) id never get it again and swig won :)

Yeah me n 2 mates did it in one was bday boy :)
  • KiefKat likes this

#39 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:44 PM

Well this wine I am making started at Gravity 1.090 and 8 days later is is at 1.020 so only a 9.5% vol there abouts,not good enough yet so hopefully in another 5 days it may get below 1.000 for 11% which isn't too bad for wine,would like it a bit stronger though..

• wonkeydonkeymonster likes this

#40 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

Up2 is at it again :)

Never made Stout or have I? Hmmm,brain not sure lol

Anyway bought a new fermenting bin and new airlock. I got the starting gravity to 1.050 at first,not too great as the tin says to get it around that so

will end up around 5.6% if it ends up at FG1.010 so got it to 1.060 SG and hoping to end up about FG 1.005 which is around 7.22% which is very good for Stout

I never add the water to 23l as they always say but got the water to 21l so a bit more sugar got it to SG 1.060

Should have plenty of head before it ends,I said that wrong :P I meant it should have a good head when it's done :)

20L of wine and 20L of Stout before Christmas,if it lasts that long should be good,plenty of calories though

15owd8l.jpg

2unzrea.jpg

2pyynww.jpg

• wonkeydonkeymonster likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.