30 replies to this topic

#1 CocoMonkey

CocoMonkey

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:21 PM

I thought id post these here as I cant find them and they been a great reference to me. If your plant looks under the weather, test the ph and read the chart to find the possible problem. :)

gallery_47_88_44202.jpeg

gallery_47_88_23672.jpeg
  • Mrs Willy, Budgie, mellowed and 16 others like this

#2 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:09 AM

Nice one CM, yes these are real good charts about PH and showing what`s what, ideal for peeps looking or having PH troubles and no dought it will help peeps out, Good man :)

• CocoMonkey, duke, K.D.R.G.M and 1 other like this

#3 K.D.R.G.M

K.D.R.G.M

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:05 PM

Thanks for sharing CM :hookah:

• CocoMonkey, duke and jacobsonwyatt41 like this

#4 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:48 PM

Hi all a question about ph,

I use mg root boost potting mix from what I know it's peat and smart fiber..

Recently as is two crops ago I have been checking my ph and trying to keep it around 6.5 I had a few diffs so I went up to 6.8 and that showed even worse issues..

Few waterings ago I tried on one plant to lower the ph to 6.2 as that was roughly the ph after nutes before I started being ph perfect lol..

So the 6.2 plant day after watering I seen an amazing growth and all is green.
The other 7 plants got the same and they are doing allot better.

So after reading all this your asking what's the question lol.

I am wondering if I should go lower in ph would that make things even better or worse?

And Which chart should I follow lol what the ladies say, hydro or soil?

I'm staying on 6.2 and Im scared to move because they are doing so well I need this crop to do well so I can have a maternity break :). So experimenting is a problem this round and I'm hoping someone here has used this soil before.

Sorry in advance if I don't make sense weed and texting is a problem for me lmao
  • Budgie, Zipp, Roy Cropper and 1 other like this

#5 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:11 PM

@Labs dexter — Are you measuring the pH of the feed solution, the soil, or the runoff?

I believe you should measure the soil if possible, or the runoff otherwise, and that adjusting the feed won't have the desired results.

* applies to soil/non-hydro only *
  • Dex and jacobsonwyatt41 like this

#6 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:11 PM

Thanks for the reply @Anonymiss

I don't know how to measure the soil, but the run off when I ph the water with nutrients in 6.8 the run off crept up to 7.0.

When I tried later date 6.5 the run off crept up to 6.8/6.9.

When I lowered to 6.2 and run off at 6.2, things were doing so well I didn't measure the run off lol.

The lower I go the fuller green the whole plant is instead of the odd purple/ red part to be seen.

It's baffling
  • Budgie likes this

#7 Zipp

Zipp

Coco Automatic Mod'ness

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:27 PM

if your plants are looking better on a feed with a pH of 6.2 well keep on feeding it at that

was going to suggest pHing to 6.3 in soil to try and see how you go but i dont do soil now and sure a soil grower will come along soon

ment to say when your run-off pH comes out the bottom higher than what is going in ,  this is good it means normaly the plant is takeing on the nutrients your giveing them :bigjoint: :bigjoint:

• Dekay, 2scoops, Dex and 1 other like this

#8 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:38 PM

if your plants are looking better on a feed with a pH of 6.2 well keep on feeding it at that

was going to suggest pHing to 6.3 in soil to try and see how you go but i dont do soil now and sure a soil grower will come along soon

ment to say when your run-off pH comes out the bottom higher than what is going in , this is good it means normaly the plant is takeing on the nutrients your giveing them :bigjoint: :bigjoint:

I'll show what I mean at 6.8 it creeps up but no uptake is visible.

And yeah I'll just stick to this ph and test my theory later grow when I get a chance.
  • 2scoops and Zipp like this

#9 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:39 PM

Always a bit tricky soil and ph when things go wrong. My money is on your water and maybe nutes themselves. Whats your out of the tap ph and ec. And what nutes you using?
  • Zipp and Dex like this

#10 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:53 PM

Always a bit tricky soil and ph when things go wrong. My money is on your water and maybe nutes themselves. Whats your out of the tap ph and ec. And what nutes you using?

I don't have an ec meter, I use tesco water the ph is 6.5 is before notes.

My nutes is field Marshall bloom and I use pk 13/14 and magne plus.

I use bee guano lmao joking raw honey I wanted to make it sound good

All at half the recommended doses, after adding those and some watering just water all ph to 6.5..

Untill two weeks ago is when I tested one and changed all to 6.2. I was asking because maybe if I try 5.8 do you think I'll find that sweet spot.

The lower I go the happier the ladies are (as would my wife) but I been using soil guide and doing okay now I'm lowering to hydro guide and things are looking better. crazy.

When I said I'll show lol nah its bad to look at so I will not show this one :)

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.