• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

Here is where to post all cricket related stuff.

Test cricket, county cricket, one day and T20 stuff or just interesting cricket related anecdotes.

Anyone got any thoughts on whether Alistair Cook should stay as England captain?

All good things

TDA

• Up2nogood and Zipp like this

#2 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:27 AM

Haha, I thought this thread would be popular lol.

A great, well deserved win for the Indians in the 2nd Test, sets the series up nicely.

Surely England can't play any worse (they probably can actually)?

Here's a little cricket related story from the Dude's past.

In the mid 1980's a few friends and myself decided to start up a cricket team, some of us could play but most were beginners, we were in our 30's at the time.

Before every match, team members would meet down the pub and have at least 3 pints each.

When we got to the pitch there was compulsory drug testing and anyone found to be not stoned was dropped down the batting order.

We didn't win very often but always had a great time, playing cricket whilst off your head is brilliant fun but slightly dangerous.

Anyone else play cricket?

All good things

TDA

• Zipp and wonkeydonkeymonster like this

#3 Zipp

Zipp

Coco Automatic Mod'ness

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

NO , lol , but im willing to learn Dude as i dont like to see you on your own mate just playing with your balls yourself

Ps , the ccc or icc or what ever its called should get off cooks back the guys ok in ma book Dude :D :bigjoint: :bigjoint:

• The Dude Abides likes this

#4 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

Hey Zipp, I knew it would be empty in here amigo, I thought I'd kick the thread off before the hordes of Aussies, Kiwis, Indians etc join the forum.

Think it was the press/social media on Cook's back, he's a very good opening bat, his captaincy is not great but there's no one else atm.

Good win for England in the 3rd test, with 2 to go I'd say we're just favourites, it will probably piss down at Old Trafford though.

All good things

TDA

• Zipp likes this

#5 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:07 PM

4th Test, day 1.

Great day for England, losing the toss helped a lot lol.

Jimmy and Broady bowled really well but the Indian top order were piss poor, got a proper test match pitch for the first time in the series.

Good stuff from Dhoni and Ashwin to try to make a contest of it, should be England's match unless we fuck it up!

Mon the cricket.

All good things

TDA

• Zipp likes this

#6 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,524 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:09 PM

@The Dude Abides I just been watching New Zealand vs England in world cup cricket, shit , England all out for 124 and New Zealand did it in under 13 overs, that Brendan McCullon smashed 50 of 18 balls for New Zealand, fastest in world cup history, he was out for 77 off 25 balls hitting 7 sixes the run rate was over 14 an over when he left the field. Ther bowler Southee smashed it too bowling out 7 for 33, a brilliant game to watch. England will be hard pushed to qualify from that group now, Are you watching the world cup  ? i just caught this game on sky so i may endeaveor to watch more, South Africans vs India tonight looks a clash of the titans in one day inernational cricket.

• The Dude Abides and Zipp like this

#7 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:54 PM

Did anyone watch the game with Australia vs New Zeland? Just saw the highlights before..What a close game.New Zealand was romping it but won by one wicket and they were on the 10th man too..

#8 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:40 PM

There have been some great matches so far, I've not got Sky Sports so can't see any, I listen on the radio when I get up in the morning.

I'm rooting for the Kiwi's, love Brendon McCullum, he smashes it to all parts.

England seem to be living in the past, the game has moved on because of 20 Twenty, they should get Alex Hales in the team ASAP if they are to stand a chance.

All good things

TDA

• Up2nogood and 2scoops like this

#9 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:24 PM

England vs Sri Lanka on live now on sky sports if anyone is interested..no? I guess not lol

#10 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:56 PM

That Malinger is bloody good bowler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: with farty bits, and leg spin.

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.