#41 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:20 PM

just got my self a irwin clamp from amazon, people say its a 600lb squish on it but cant see that tbh, straighteners dismantled and ready to go on the press, but im in a pickle of which adhesive to use to stick the plates on.. some peeps say turn the plates up full and press the clamp shut till they melt into the clamp pads, but others say use the liquid metal..

the melting of the pads sounds ok because you should be noware near the temp again to press herb or bubble

and the liquid has a 500f heat reaction point, so should be ok too 

• Roy Cropper likes this

#42 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • 1,964 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 01:58 PM

Sounds interesting, fuck knows about adhesive tho m8, just a thought and dunno if it would work, but what if you wired a dimmer to the straighteners, would it be possible to dim to turn temps down ? If so, with a temp gun you could create your own temp gauge ? Might be way off the mark there, but if I was making a diy rosin press, a kind of accurate temp control would have to go on it !
Sounds fun, throw us up a pic when you've sorted it,

Ps how were the plates fixed to the actual straighteners ? If screwed or bolted could you not use them fixtures and fashion it the the clamp in a way ?
Need to stop dabbin, I'm talkin shite again !
  • symbol 22 likes this

#43 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • 1,320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 05:45 PM

sup peeps

the straighteners have a variable temp control on them but on the lowest setting you only need them on for about 15 secs and then leave to cool for about 20 secs and im good to go, and the clamp has a quick release trigger and two big pumps and that full on pressure easy enough just had to reinforce some of the solder 

• Roy Cropper likes this

#44 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,964 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:57 PM

I reckon the lowest setting on the straighteners is 150 degrees C, as it has been with all the variable straighteners I've encountered, if your gonna go to this length I would defo get a laser pointer thermometer thingy, worth there weight in gold they are, 100-110 seems to be the sweet spot for the ice o later that I press, if your not changing the area of the heated plates(bigger plates) I can't really see the point tbh how much more rosin do you reckon you will get by putting said amount of pressure on it rather than sitting the straighteners on the table and putting all your weight on it ? I got a d nail rosin press on order, bit harsh at just over 300 notes but the only reason I want it is because the plates are bigger than straighteners and it's a fully variable temp, so I can set both plates at bang on 110 and press away, yes you need pressure but I'm not convinced on the excessive amounts, I know the d nail press does pretty much the same with daft amounts of pressure but that's cos all it is, is a double up t shirt/ baseball cap press and they have t changed anything about em, just added another underneath !
Just out of interest, I'm gonna get the thermometer on the iron, on its lowest setting, just to see !
Can you tell I've been dabbing again !

Edited by Roy Cropper, 17 January 2016 - 07:58 PM.

• The Clone Ranger likes this

#45 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,964 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:06 PM

here they are, I got the small one coming
http://www.d-nail.co...nail-heat-press
  • Red eye knight likes this

#46 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • 1,320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:00 AM

sorry bud would have got back last night but head was splitting... 

yeh the lazer thermometer is a must but im only on with small amounts, im pressing about 20g`s of bubble and getting about 12g`s back with iron and body weight and with the press im hoping to get about 15 to 17g`s...

so far the clamp press only cost me £18 with the old straightener and the clamp, i had all the soldering iron and bits laying around.. 

• duke likes this

#47 KrazyDave

KrazyDave

Back once again with the green behaviour :)

• Members
  • 1,684 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:22 PM

Can I make rosin with an iron?
  • duke, The Clone Ranger, Cheeseman and 1 other like this

#48 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • 1,320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:54 PM

with a iron for clothes or hair iron?

ide go for hair straighteners and a wee clamp from BnQ for about £10 and best parchment paper you can get your hands on, 

what you thinking on squishing bud or resin?

• duke likes this

#49 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • 1,320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:27 PM

http://www.dhgate.co...b;uk|2028337212

think one of these will be ordered when my bank allows lol

• marque08, olmec and BIGLUMPAGREEN like this

#50 KrazyDave

KrazyDave

Back once again with the green behaviour :)

• Members
  • 1,684 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:35 PM

with a iron for clothes or hair iron?

ide go for hair straighteners and a wee clamp from BnQ for about £10 and best parchment paper you can get your hands on,

what you thinking on squishing bud or resin?

Clothes iron. Last time I used the misses GHDs she went ape shit so won't be doing that again. Dunno where to lay my hands on parchment paper either. They've got BHO paper in the grow shop now though and I believe that works too.

Will be squeezing bud dude.
  • Roy Cropper, The Clone Ranger and symbol 22 like this

#51 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • 1,320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:30 PM

hahaha get ya self a hair straightener off amazon sure they would have a wide range and different plate sizes, and think some have digital temp control, and dont know about BHO paper never seen it. 

cant see the clothes iron work needs both sides to heat the bud/resin..

these should do for small amounts.. and use the slick sheet instead of the parchment

http://www.amazon.co...uick clap irwin

http://www.amazon.co...r straighteners

http://www.amazon.co...oil slick sheet

• symbol 22 likes this

#52 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • 1,320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:02 AM

just been doing abit of digging and it seems if you pressing bud your better off getting a wee garlic press to press the bud into a wee puck (about .2 to .3 of a g) and then you end up with less contaminants in your end product.. 

• Budgie, olmec and KrazyDave like this

#53 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,231 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:25 AM

just been doing abit of digging and it seems if you pressing bud your better off getting a wee garlic press to press the bud into a wee puck (about .2 to .3 of a g) and then you end up with less contaminants in your end product..

I watched a tutorial were they were using a garlic press just last night :) going to be giving this a try 2nite if I can work out how to keep the hair straightners at a good temp! Laser temp gun and some excitement at the ready
  • Roy Cropper, The Clone Ranger, KrazyDave and 1 other like this

#54 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,231 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:10 AM

Oil theorycraft..........what's people's thoughts on a handful of 4"X4" stainless steel plates in the oven set at 100-110 take 2plates and squich in a quick clamp, take 2 new hot plates out and repeat putting the cold plates back in to reheat
  • Budgie, Roy Cropper, The Clone Ranger and 1 other like this

#55 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,964 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:17 AM

Clothes iron. Last time I used the misses GHDs she went ape shit so won't be doing that again. Dunno where to lay my hands on parchment paper either. They've got BHO paper in the grow shop now though and I believe that works too.

Will be squeezing bud dude.

supermercado m8, its baking paper, fuck the grow shop with his bho paper, its the same just twice the price !

• The Clone Ranger, KrazyDave and Cheeseman like this

#56 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,964 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:26 AM

Oil theorycraft..........what's people's thoughts on a handful of 4"X4" stainless steel plates in the oven set at 100-110 take 2plates and squich in a quick clamp, take 2 new hot plates out and repeat putting the cold plates back in to reheat

could do but i'd wear oven gloves lol ! 

laser temp gun, babyliss cheap shitty adjustable temp (3setting) hair straighteners, coffee filter paper and some 1.99 baking paper from asda, oh and some hash to press, fuck buds, no way I'm pressing them, rather smoke em lol 

sha ting mo fo....rosin ! 

and just for the record, oil slick paper is pony, its like the dab pads slick mats, buy the same shit from tesco at a fraction of the price ! 

anyone got a link to this garlic press vid ? 

i am going to mention that if you press rosin too hot, over 150-160, then you will fry off the the thc and you rosin will be whack ! good if you don't want it to fuck you up tho ! 

• The Clone Ranger, KrazyDave and Cheeseman like this

#57 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,964 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:36 AM

costco brown baking parchment 50m roll around 6 English pounds ! 

• Budgie, The Clone Ranger and Cheeseman like this

#58 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,231 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:57 AM

What's the code filter for? The vids I been watching the don't use it? I think that's cos the use the garlic press punk thing to stop the contaminants

Here the vid I watched

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=VMY8x-b6Px4
  • Budgie and Roy Cropper like this

#59 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • 1,320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:02 PM

cant see why not bud if you got those metal mold grips with 4 prongs what they use for welding etc they would give you a better even coverage 

supermercado m8, its baking paper, fuck the grow shop with his bho paper, its the same just twice the price !

i was thinking the same bud but ive not seen bho paper in grow shop 

could do but i'd wear oven gloves lol ! 

laser temp gun, babyliss cheap shitty adjustable temp (3setting) hair straighteners, coffee filter paper and some 1.99 baking paper from asda, oh and some hash to press, fuck buds, no way I'm pressing them, rather smoke em lol 

sha ting mo fo....rosin ! 

and just for the record, oil slick paper is pony, its like the dab pads slick mats, buy the same shit from tesco at a fraction of the price ! 

anyone got a link to this garlic press vid ? 

i am going to mention that if you press rosin too hot, over 150-160, then you will fry off the the thc and you rosin will be whack ! good if you don't want it to fuck you up tho ! 

do they have slick sheeting in tescos? if so im off now all i need for my clamp now is 2 tie wraps and a wee bit of glue to hold wires down. then off to do the melting into the rubber pad tech think that should be enough to hold the plates down, seen as i wont be going nowhere near those temps again, then if that dosent work i will get that liquid metal and leave to go off for a few days

and not seen a vid on the garlic press just seen some comments on FB rosin page and seems to be working fine..

• duke and Roy Cropper like this

#60 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,964 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:18 PM

What's the code filter for? The vids I been watching the don't use it? I think that's cos the use the garlic press punk thing to stop the contaminants

Here the vid I watched

I don't press buds m8, just hash, so I make a wee on envelope put the ice hash into it cold it up and press that, de waxes the hash if you like, separates the flat hash patty from the oil, they do make little bags for this but coffee filter paper does the same thing at a fraction of the price ! Search for hard press rosin bags, bubble an makes em too, the come in different micron ratings too
  • The Clone Ranger likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.