clones refridgeration storage saving genetics plant stasis

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

• Administrators
  • 16,803 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:07 PM

Nice one duke, i knew their was a thread and shoulda remembered looking at the times ive posted in it. :)

• duke likes this

#22 Lab Rat

Lab Rat

Silent runningz

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:12 AM

With the rooted clones duke, do you have to take them out weekly & feed them or anything or can just leave in there for 8 weeks solid?

I have 3 king kong clones am thinking of doing this as not sure how their mothers are going to flower. So thinking of starting something else then going back to these later if they bare nice fruits. :wisewizard:

• duke likes this

#23 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:15 PM

Following this one as of now..

I have seen similar previously, never tried it myself though ;)

Good luck with them :)

• Lab Rat and duke like this

#24 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 11,415 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:55 PM

With the rooted clones duke, do you have to take them out weekly & feed them or anything or can just leave in there for 8 weeks solid?

I have 3 king kong clones am thinking of doing this as not sure how their mothers are going to flower. So thinking of starting something else then going back to these later if they bare nice fruits. :wisewizard:

hi lab i never fed mine they in coco which is inert so i do add a low ec and the fact there in stasis means they do not need to feed as such as no new growth is happening they last easy a month without feed and as long as they dont dry entirely they do ok with just whats in the pudding bowls i use for rooting and germing,my longest lasting fridge clone to still grow well after has been a tad under 8 weeks and it was yellowing slightly when bought out but soon greens up with the first feed or two,the unrooted cuttings are more of a problem and sucumbed to grey mould after 5-6 weeks but that was in tiny test tubes which probs makes a lot of difference,the main criteria is cold but not near freezing sealed enviroment ie plastic bag which you blow up and tie around the clone best if no leaves touch the plastic,i have 2 nightqueen clones unrooted sat in a glass of water with a plastic clear lid over and in fridge been a month and despite my thoughts of pythium etc killing them they are actually greener than the mother plant atm!good luck

• Dekay, jimmi2scoops and Lab Rat like this

#25 Lab Rat

Lab Rat

Silent runningz

• Respected User
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:19 AM

hi lab i never fed mine they in coco which is inert so i do add a low ec and the fact there in stasis means they do not need to feed as such as no new growth is happening they last easy a month without feed and as long as they dont dry entirely they do ok with just whats in the pudding bowls i use for rooting and germing,my longest lasting fridge clone to still grow well after has been a tad under 8 weeks and it was yellowing slightly when bought out but soon greens up with the first feed or two,the unrooted cuttings are more of a problem and sucumbed to grey mould after 5-6 weeks but that was in tiny test tubes which probs makes a lot of difference,the main criteria is cold but not near freezing sealed enviroment ie plastic bag which you blow up and tie around the clone best if no leaves touch the plastic,i have 2 nightqueen clones unrooted sat in a glass of water with a plastic clear lid over and in fridge been a month and despite my thoughts of pythium etc killing them they are actually greener than the mother plant atm!good luck

Nice one Duke, I have gave them a good .5 feeding & put them in the fridge for atleast 2 months maybe 3 wish me luck lol 

:pimped:

Attached Files

• jimmi2scoops, duke and MDS like this

#26 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:06 PM

Watching with interest as I said before...

I'd be very interested in your opinion of when they "wake up" so to speak after removal from the fridge.. How you do it, everything..

This is very interesting :)

I'm going to wish you luck as well, hope it all works out.

• Dekay, Lab Rat and duke like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clones, refridgeration, storage, saving genetics, plant stasis

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.