29 replies to this topic

#21 CountryBoy

CountryBoy

Daft as a brush and twice as hairy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:27 AM

yes in the fridge is good dry and cool is the main thing,i have germed 15 year old seeds before now so as long as they stored right they stay viable,peace

Sorry duke! Missed you out there mate! So yeah airtight box in the fridge n they are all good! And really? A 15 year old seed? Did it grow ok?
  • duke and denots like this

#22 THC F13ND

THC F13ND

Landrace enthusiast

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:51 PM

Init mate, I've had a few go wrong in the past n it is heartbreaking, especially when the end is in sight n you get a pest or mould infestation or some shit! I was kinda thinking more along the lines of people donating known hardy strains. I fucked up my first couple of grows, but then for my third I was given some kush cuttings off a mate. He knew they could take some abuse (and they did lol) the grow came out ok and it gave me a right confidence boost! If we could do that for a few others it would be great!

I get what you mean mate, my first ever grow was 3 bagseed in tiny little pots in my kitchen window lol, 2 of them turned out to be fussy as hell sativa types that had all kinds of deficiencies from about a week in and I was clueless what to do with them, the other was mainly indica and grew fine despite being in tiny pots with tomato nutes, hardly any light and a grower that was in over his head. Even with all that I got more off it than the other 2 combined.
Money's tight but I'd be up for getting a couple of packets of something tried and tested like skunk, northern lights, afghanis etc, something known to be easy to grow even with minimum knowledge and skills and still have decent yield/strength.
A lot of percy growers I've known have been put off because they started with something too complicated or fussy and it went tits up through deficiencies and the like, sending out something along those lines would hopefully encourage them and show that once you figure it out its not so hard, if you start with a tough, fast strain you get all the experience plus less time to fuck it up in lol

We were all newbie growers once, some of us got it first time, some would have taken a few grows to get things straight in their heads, but at the end of the day something made us all persevere till we got it, and were rewarded for it with being able to take something from a tiny seed to massive buds we enjoy every day, I reckon as long as we can keep the security issue in check we should do everything we can to help those growers struggling to get past the beginning of their journey, and make it a positive experience :D

ATB :bong:
  • Budgie, duke and denots like this

#23 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,107 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:46 PM

I get what you mean mate, my first ever grow was 3 bagseed in tiny little pots in my kitchen window lol, 2 of them turned out to be fussy as hell sativa types that had all kinds of deficiencies from about a week in and I was clueless what to do with them, the other was mainly indica and grew fine despite being in tiny pots with tomato nutes, hardly any light and a grower that was in over his head. Even with all that I got more off it than the other 2 combined.
Money's tight but I'd be up for getting a couple of packets of something tried and tested like skunk, northern lights, afghanis etc, something known to be easy to grow even with minimum knowledge and skills and still have decent yield/strength.
A lot of percy growers I've known have been put off because they started with something too complicated or fussy and it went tits up through deficiencies and the like, sending out something along those lines would hopefully encourage them and show that once you figure it out its not so hard, if you start with a tough, fast strain you get all the experience plus less time to fuck it up in lol

We were all newbie growers once, some of us got it first time, some would have taken a few grows to get things straight in their heads, but at the end of the day something made us all persevere till we got it, and were rewarded for it with being able to take something from a tiny seed to massive buds we enjoy every day, I reckon as long as we can keep the security issue in check we should do everything we can to help those growers struggling to get past the beginning of their journey, and make it a positive experience :D

ATB :bong:

i agree but tbh i think security wise it needs to handled by a moderator who can afford regular postage costs which i have trouble with being on very low income or i would make a more formal thread for it as it stands i really do not think there is any need for it as myself mellowed and i no a few others regularly send out seeds to those in need for whatever reason meaning security is maintained imo a priority,the sentiment is brilliant though and in theory a good idea,but are we big enough to need it yet,really?peace

• Budgie, jimmi2scoops, denots and 1 other like this

#24 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

In for a penny, in for a pound.

• Administrators
  • 17,965 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:56 PM

If anyone sees someone stuck or struggling for new seeds, im sure the offers go out to send some seeds, just like im reading here from generous peeps of the forum doing in the thread tbh. Im just not too sure about it cus of possible bollox, missunderstandings and such like, not to mention security aspect and trust involved, but im easy and i go with the flow, so whatever you lot decide. :)

• Budgie, duke, KiefKat and 2 others like this

#25 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Administrators
  • 16,151 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:36 PM

I personally wouldnt give my addy out unless I had known someone for a very long time or knew they had been in that position of trust before I think its okay for people to swap seeds for souveneir  ;) purposes but openly putting them up means everyone is actively encouraging growing and it is also known that addresses are being sent in pms making site more interesting to some prying eyes, and who you giving the addy too it has to be taken seriously if you are growing, and thats why we like to give as many away as possible if anyone had a lot of a strain we can normally work out a safe addy and that between us, isnt seeds a behind the scenes thing anyway, I know I have offered a few out when people have had worries or out, and have sent a fair few but we didnt need to advertise the fact ;) My thoughts :mr:

• jimmi2scoops, duke, KiefKat and 4 others like this

#26 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:52 PM

I think we need to decide where to draw a line in the sand, and that trust and other issues should take a back seat until that line is drawn.

At the moment we merely discuss or, at worst, help or encourage cultivation, but providing a place to openly swap seeds might come closer to facilitating in some people's eyes.

Is that a line which we want to approach or cross?
  • Budgie, Dekay, jimmi2scoops and 4 others like this

#27 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

• Administrators
  • 17,965 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:19 PM

I think we need to decide where to draw a line in the sand, and that trust and other issues should take a back seat until that line is drawn.

At the moment we merely discuss or, at worst, help or encourage cultivation, but providing a place to openly swap seeds might come closer to facilitating in some people's eyes.

Is that a line which we want to approach or cross?

Which has always had me wondering, what header/charge would that come under if you got fucked over throuigh the site by the pigs, would help and encouragement come under a more serious offence of lets lock him up and throw away the key maybe ?

• Budgie, Dekay, duke and 1 other like this

#28 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,960 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:06 PM

If things became out of hand, who knows, along the lines of 'conspiracy to produce/supply' perhaps?
  • Dekay, duke, KiefKat and 1 other like this

#29 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 06:52 PM

what header/charge would that come under if you got fucked over throuigh the site by the pigs, would help and encouragement come under a more serious offence of lets lock him up and throw away the key maybe ?

I don't know, and that wasn't really where I was going with it, but sites have been shut down in the past for providing places to swap cuttings and/or selling growing equipment and seeds.

Obviously, the situation with seeds is somewhat different, but perhaps we should try to keep a reasonable distance from that sort of thing?

--

Now (and kind of thinking aloud), although the site rules prohibit the exchange of cuttings they don't disallow the swapping of seeds, so perhaps one way of doing it privately might be to use the Message system — That works like an invitation-only mini-Topic system, so people could invite and talk openly with people they trust whilst not exposing the entire discussion to the world.
  • Budgie, Dekay, jimmi2scoops and 3 others like this

#30 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

• Administrators
  • 17,965 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:23 PM

I`m with you on keeping stuff private on the seed section yes.

• Budgie, Dekay, duke and 2 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.