What happened to airpots?
Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:31 PM
hi funky there are a few im sure still using them but cant remember who atm i did try them but didnt get on with them with coco it washes out the holes when you water a right pain and they dead hard to bottom feed but im sure theres a few,peace
- jimmi2scoops, Zipp, ZenArcher and 4 others like this
Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:03 AM
I use Air Pots.
You have to "learn" to water them, heck for that matter you have to learn how to fill them correctly in the first place.
- Make sure you construct the pot with the filled-in-holes at the top.
- As you put medium into the pot, tap/shake every few scoops to make sure the medium settles into the holes.
- Fill to the brim, but have a (not too steep) valley/trough in the centre.
- When you water, water very gently at first. Let it go through and saturate the medium.
- As the medium gets moister, it is able to take more moisture rather than let it trickle away.
Sounds like a little bit of effort, perhaps it is. But it's not hard or time-consuming.
Air Pots really do make a massive difference to root-mass, IMHO.
Fabric Pots are also excellent, and cheaper, but they don't last as long.
Edited by stonedwolf, 14 April 2016 - 11:03 AM.
- jimmi2scoops, duke, Funky and 3 others like this