99 replies to this topic

#21 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:32 PM

I'm just not sure that commenting on something which one hasn't read is fair :)

Don't forget that the only relevant part here is page 7 of chapter 6 ;)

But you have shown that your own mix of Miracle Grow with added calcium/trace elements is absolutely fine and produces good results, yet they were developed for garden plants and are almost certainly not aimed at cannabis.

Me, I use Phostrogen or Chempak and I have no complaints about them (even in a hydro medium such as coco), nor do I worry that they might not work with cannabis because they were designed for potatoes, tomaotoes, and lawns (etc.)

Missy :)

You came across all brusque simply because I stated that IMHO cannabis was different from tomatoes, legumes & whatever else it was that these tests were based on ;) That was it, now you say it wouldn't be fair for me to comment until I have read the artical, fair enough.

I don't see you pulling anyone else up & instructing them to do the same, because other/s have posted after me :)

Naughty, naughty :P

I think I gave the reasoning why I selected those cheap nutes & the chempak #4 & yes they do work fine & yes all plants do indeed use the very same compounds in their growth & flowering/fruiting cycles, agreed ;) What I was trying to get across was that they can use wildly different ratios of said compounds due to their wildly different growth patterns.

That makes them different :) As far as I'm concerned...

• Budgie, Joe and Horse Badorties like this

#22 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:46 PM

You came across all brusque......

Is that a form of Burlesque? :)

I don't see you pulling anyone else up & instructing them to do the same, because other/s have posted after me  :)

Naughty, naughty  :P

Look closely, I got spanked already :rofl:

anyroad, calm down calm down, this isn't a debate about the growth chamber handbook per se, and my Q covers just one simplistic aspect of things, and it's nothing to do with cans of worms lolz :)

• weedtroll, Zipp, wah wah and 4 others like this

#23 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,110 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:48 PM

You came across all brusque simply because I stated that IMHO cannabis was different from tomatoes, legumes & whatever else it was that these tests were based on ;) That was it, now you say it wouldn't be fair for me to comment until I have read the artical, fair enough.

I don't see you pulling anyone else up & instructing them to do the same, because other/s have posted after me :)

Naughty, naughty :P

Has anyone else, other than Budgie, commented on the content of that chapter of the Handbook? :unsure:

I think I gave the reasoning why I selected those cheap nutes & the chempak #4 & yes they do work fine & yes all plants do indeed use the very same compounds in their growth & flowering/fruiting cycles, agreed ;) What I was trying to get across was that they can use wildly different ratios of said compounds due to their wildly different growth patterns.

That makes them different :) As far as I'm concerned...

As I said earlier...

I'm pretty sure that the basics of plant growth are fairly universal between species and that what works in one will generally work with others.

Sure, there will be variations within the boundary conditions and exceptions to the rules, but when it comes to stuff like photosynthesis, radiation, carbon dioxide, air movement, etc. it's all pretty much the same.

Much of that is irrelevant here though — This is specifically about airflow direction and its effects on the environment, and I suspect that there will be many similarities in those conditions in places where the vegetation forms a canopy.

Sure, the detail will differ, but the basics are likely to share a lot of common ground.

#24 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,110 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:49 PM

my Q covers just one simplistic aspect of things

I've been trying to steer it back on track ;)

#25 Joe

Joe

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:50 PM

Last winter I extracted from the bottom, left the cf on the floor to keep heat in my tent, I grow in a tent in a shed. More than one person told me I shouldn't be doing that for proper airflow etc but me being me I ignored the advice and left it. Grow turned out fine :)
  • Budgie, weedtroll, Zipp and 2 others like this

#26 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:57 PM

Is that a form of Burlesque? :)

anyroad, calm down calm down, this isn't a debate about the growth chamber handbook per se, and my Q covers just one simplistic aspect of things, and it's nothing to do with cans of worms lolz :)

I'm calm, honestly :lol:

As for the burlesque I'd better keep my thoughts to myself :wub:

Ooops :D

Yeah I have been spanked a few times too, I think it's 3/1 to Missy at the moment, maybe 4/1 now :D

• Budgie and Horse Badorties like this

#27 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:15 PM

Alright lets be serious now :D

Missy you have obviously read this paper, I know we are discussing air movement now, but I do have a question that is pertinent to the situation ;)

The plants being tested, were they in pots or in the ground?

I only ask because this will affect things :) Plants can be allowed to cool down quite a lot, but as long as the roots are kept at a reasonable temperature then they'll get back into action mode much faster when daylight hours commence.

As I'm sure you can understand if the plants were in pots then air moving past said pots will have a bearing on the results & I think 99% of us (barring guerilla growers) will have plants in pots too ;)

So can you enlighten me please as I doubt that is in the air movement section & I have just given a very reasonable suggestion as to why it would be important, you have read it, please fill me in :)

Thank you.

• Budgie and Horse Badorties like this

#28 Funky

Funky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:44 PM

Most of the stomata are on the underside of the leaf. You would think that an upwards draught would be better for transpiration.

I'm not sure there's a set rule for every groom.
  • Budgie, Dex and Horse Badorties like this

#29 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,110 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:59 PM

I do have a question that is pertinent to the situation ;)

The plants being tested, were they in pots or in the ground?

There's actually very little in there about specific plants, and I'm not really interested in them either.

However, the information about how air moves above and below a canopy; the effect of the canopy on relative wind velocities at different heights; the humidity and temperature gradients that occur; the diurnal change in wind direction; and, yes, the effects that crowded pots have on air flow, is interesting and is, I think, pertinent to this discussion :)
  • MDS and Horse Badorties like this

#30 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,110 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:03 PM

Am I really that misunderstood?

I thought I was recommending something which I think is worth reading.
  • Mrs Willy, 2scoops and Horse Badorties like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: extract, fans, heat, airflow, with farty bits

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.