3 replies to this topic

#1 THC F13ND

THC F13ND

Landrace enthusiast

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:48 PM

I've noticed a lot of us grow chilli, love hot food, or both, so heres a curry recipe for those of us who love the burn!🔥🔥

It's mostly improvised each time and most of the ingredients can have the quantity changed or substituted completely depending what's on hand and how you like it. Also, the recipe is gluten free and suitable for diabetics.

For this version I used -

3 medium onions
1/2 bulb of garlic (approx 8 cloves)
2 tins chopped tomatoes
Juice of 1 lemon
50g cayenne pepper
~30 bird eye chillis
3x5 cm piece of ginger
2tsp cumin seed
1tsp mustard seed
3tsp turmeric
2tsp nutmeg
3tsp coriander
3tsp cumin
2tsp garam masala
Fresh coriander leaves

All in it takes around an hour to make including prep, less if you're skilled with a knife :)

Before starting, peel the ginger and freeze it; it's much easier and quicker to grate frozen ;)

So, there are two parts to the recipe, the paste, and the main curry.

For the paste first chop around half a dozen chilli and mix with the cumin seed, mustard seed, coriander, nutmeg, cayenne pepper and lemon juice, and mix through till it has a fairly thick consistency, you'll more than likely need to add a little water to smooth it out. It should look like this -
Attached File  DSC_0138.JPG   133.04KB   0 downloads

Now, with the paste done, onto the main bit. Fry the onions for a few minutes, enough that they're cooked, and add the rest of the chilli along with the garlic and ginger and fry for another 2-3 mins. Next add in the cumin, turmeric and garam masala and mix it through thoroughly before adding the paste, and finally some chopped coriander leaves.

Et voila! 👌
One fucking spicy curry, bog roll in the fridge optional!! Attached File  DSC_0139.JPG   86.86KB   0 downloads

I don't really eat meat, so feel free to throw some in there but it's filling as is, some rice and a couple of naan and I'm all good.

ATB :hookah:
  • Budgie, The Dude Abides, mrsDeeks and 1 other like this

#2 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:58 PM

can't beat a nice home-made curry @THC F13ND :devil:

My top tips are

To make it the day before you need it. When it's cooked twice it rounds out all the flavours and tastes lusher.

Any left over sauce, freeze it and use that as a base for the next one you do.

Try not to use steel pans/implements, does something to the final flavour, try to get an aluminium or copper one and use wooden spatulas/spoons.

If it is a bit too hot, add a spoon or two of sugar to take the edge off.

• The Dude Abides, mrsDeeks, THC F13ND and 1 other like this

#3 ZenArcher

ZenArcher

Cleaned my nails

• Respected User
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:18 PM

Now that must be a very hot curry with all those chillies in it.  My sphincter was nipping just reading recipe. :D  :D   Sounds yummy though.    ;)  :)  :)

Good tips on pans and utensils GB.  :) :)

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, The Dude Abides and 3 others like this

#4 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

Might have to try that mate,my tastebuds are fucked so it's right down my street 😊
  • The Dude Abides, ZenArcher and THC F13ND like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.