#1 BADM4N

BADM4N

Junglist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:32 AM

Hey guys n gals

A friend of mine recently called me a vape Slut which I found pretty damn funny! The reason for the nickname is down to the fact that I have collected a few vapes and seem to be buying more. My ever expanding collection has the following:

Storz & Bickel Volcano Classic
Storz & Bickel Plenty

Magic flight launch box (MFLB)
Da Vinci IQ
Dynavap Vap Cap
Vapium Summit
Dabstorm 2.0

OK it's not loads of vapes but more than I probably should have lol.
I will post up my thoughts on these vapes hopefully it will help someone decide on their next vape or even convert from the realms of combustion.

I will start with what I believe is the king of dry herbal vaporisers, the absolute don... The Storz and Bickel Volcano in the next post
  • jimmi2scoops, Lab Rat, Zipp and 12 others like this

#2 BADM4N

BADM4N

Junglist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:11 AM

Storz & Bickel Volcano

I bought this vape new back in March 2013 and I have never looked back. Over the past 4+ years it has been used pretty much every day and it had never skipped a beat, it is highly reliable built to very high catering grade standards - to the point that Heston Blumenthal has one in his restaurants kitchen! S&B put their money where their mouth is with a 5 year warranty on the device

There are two versions classic and digital, these are the options for the thermostat and temp adjustment. Digital is more accurate at +/- 1C and classic less so at +/- 10C. I have the classic ad in my mind the analogue dial adjuster is more reliable than a digital display. Also the classic is cheaper. Both are very easy to use.

There are two options with the valve, Easy Valve has premade bags attached to it with a very large heating chamber while the Solid Valve has a much smaller and efficient camber, the hard part is that you have to cut and install your bag but that means you can have them ad big/small as you like and it is at most fiddly to install.

In terms of the high it is second to no vaporiser I have used and it is possible to get extremely high with shotguning successive baloons, the taste is fantastic with good bud and it is very efficient in the way that it extracts the vapor from your bud and you do not need to use a lot compared to many other at home and even portable vapes. Before I bought this I mainly smoked the bong and the odd joint, I'd say this hits as hardback a bong but the high lingers for longe

It is not a cheap vape, I bought mine back in 2013 for £330 I know they have dropped the price a couple of years ago so it is more affordable now, I tried a few in Amsterdam before I got mine so I knew what I was getting, again no regrets at all with my purchase.

My friend also bought one of these after trying mine, he was going to get a vape xl but was immediately convinced to get this after trying it. One criticism I agree with him on this is that it sometimes can give you a slight cough as particles can make it into the bag. But I have found a solution, storz and Bickel do a normal and fine mesh set, the fine mesh is very flimsy so on the spindle I install the fine mesh with the normal mesh on top, this blocks all particles from being blown into the bag (photo below)

It is possible to make the vapor as harsh or smooth as you like by either increasing the amount of bud in the chamber and/or turning up the temp, I like 7 on the dial which is around 210C it creates very nice clouds

It is not very portable as it is, there are a couple of bags for it on the marker a hard case and soft. I have bought the soft one for around £35 and took it on a road trip to Amsterdam once which was really quality.

Conclusion, if you have thought about buying one to save your lungs from combustion. Photos attached

Attached Files

• Mrs Willy, jimmi2scoops, Lab Rat and 10 others like this

#3 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

• Moderators
  • 16,278 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:46 AM

I`m in 2 minds as to whether to invest in a volcano at some point in future, i been vaping on and of for a few years or so, but iv`e recently got back into vaping on the arizer v-tower which is a pretty decent vape in itself, that does the job ok. But i`m more & more finding myself wanting a Roller of the vape world, A cool review BADMAN cheers. :)

• BADM4N, Zipp, W.S and 7 others like this

#4 BADM4N

BADM4N

Junglist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:03 AM

@jimmi2scoops I have heard mixed reviews on the arizer v tower including things like if you allow bit to "overheat" some of the platics can melt/perish and effect the taste of your vape - maybe that's an extreme example but it is more of a whip vape than the volcano which is a bag vape... I'm not too fond of whip vapes unless they go through a water tool of some sorts guess that is personal preference!

Don't get me wrong on Arizer my friend has a solo which is a great device, really solid build and a great taste. Hard hitting too. I nearly bought an ariser air instead of the Da Vinci IQ off the back of using the solo while in dam with my mate

What I would say is... do it! You won't regret it and if for some reason you do you can always stick it on ebay and get most of your money back as they are still in high demand... nearly 10 years after it was released onto the market, all hail the king!

Edited by BADM4N, 27 August 2017 - 11:05 AM.

• jimmi2scoops, Zipp, W.S and 5 others like this

#5 BADM4N

BADM4N

Junglist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:27 AM

Session vapes vs one hitters

Should have included this in my first post but here goes. There are many different types of vaporisers, conduction, convection, whip, water or bag type for example but what is important to me is what they actually do.

Vapes like the volcano, plenty, da vinci IQ are session vapes meaning that you load in your bud and it vaporises/bakes the bud once you turn it on and really there is no turning back once it is heated up. With the volcano it is possible to get multiple bags from the bud in the chamber however the IQ/plenty will finish off your bud by the end of the session... plenty being the worst for this.

One hitters are the likes of the mflb, grasshopper, vapcap and a few others. The difference is as the name you can heat it up take your one hit then put it down for 5 minutes or however long then come back for another hit.

Both have their uses depending on the scenario.
  • jimmi2scoops, Zipp, W.S and 4 others like this

#6 BADM4N

BADM4N

Junglist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:56 PM

Magic Flight Launch Box

This is a small and simple device, made in the US with a lifetime warranty. It is operated with a single high drain (2800ma+) AA battery. Recently magic flight has released a mains adapter for this product which gives accurate control over heat but if you battery operate it then you have to control the temperature with pulse like inhaling... there is a bit of a method to it which takes a bit of mastering, at first you will probably find that you are either getting no vapour or burning the bud.

Once you master it's use the taste is great and hits pretty hard but you can mostly feel it in your face/head (as opposed to the volcano such gives an all body effect)

I bought this vape in March 2013 in a bundle with my volcano for around £60, now it is £100 and still sold as a relevant portable vape.

I have read mixed reviews on this but most of the negative ones are from people who are expecting the performance of a plug in vape from something that runs on AA batteries, for what it is it works well. It's a good one hit vape which you can put down and come back to if you are busy with tasks

It is pretty low maintenance give it a wipe down with some iso on the brush provided, the batteries start to fade after a while but really replaced with new rechargeables 2800ma+ is what you are looking for. I sacked in the charger it came with for a better charger after a couple of years

Photos attachef, I need to get a new glass stem as I lost mine, only £2.50 from vapefiend

Photos attached, next review will be the Plenty

Attached Files

• jimmi2scoops, Zipp, W.S and 6 others like this

#7 gingerb

gingerb

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:23 PM

Badm4n love to know your views on the Da Vinci IQ,
I've been using the Da Vinci ascent for the last few years thats still going strong.

• BADM4N, W.S, Bubonik Chronic and 2 others like this

#8 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:29 PM

i bought this for me shatter works a treat ;)

http://www.ebay.co.u...9cAAOSw~epZgtKM

• BADM4N, W.S, Horse Badorties and 1 other like this

#9 Cheeseman

Cheeseman

boerenkaas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:02 AM

Storz & Bickel Volcano

I bought this vape new back in March 2013 and I have never looked back. Over the past 4+ years it has been used pretty much every day and it had never skipped a beat, it is highly reliable built to very high catering grade standards - to the point that Heston Blumenthal has one in his restaurants kitchen! S&B put their money where their mouth is with a 5 year warranty on the device

There are two versions classic and digital, these are the options for the thermostat and temp adjustment. Digital is more accurate at +/- 1C and classic less so at +/- 10C. I have the classic ad in my mind the analogue dial adjuster is more reliable than a digital display. Also the classic is cheaper. Both are very easy to use.

There are two options with the valve, Easy Valve has premade bags attached to it with a very large heating chamber while the Solid Valve has a much smaller and efficient camber, the hard part is that you have to cut and install your bag but that means you can have them ad big/small as you like and it is at most fiddly to install.

In terms of the high it is second to no vaporiser I have used and it is possible to get extremely high with shotguning successive baloons, the taste is fantastic with good bud and it is very efficient in the way that it extracts the vapor from your bud and you do not need to use a lot compared to many other at home and even portable vapes. Before I bought this I mainly smoked the bong and the odd joint, I'd say this hits as hardback a bong but the high lingers for longe

It is not a cheap vape, I bought mine back in 2013 for £330 I know they have dropped the price a couple of years ago so it is more affordable now, I tried a few in Amsterdam before I got mine so I knew what I was getting, again no regrets at all with my purchase.

My friend also bought one of these after trying mine, he was going to get a vape xl but was immediately convinced to get this after trying it. One criticism I agree with him on this is that it sometimes can give you a slight cough as particles can make it into the bag. But I have found a solution, storz and Bickel do a normal and fine mesh set, the fine mesh is very flimsy so on the spindle I install the fine mesh with the normal mesh on top, this blocks all particles from being blown into the bag (photo below)

It is possible to make the vapor as harsh or smooth as you like by either increasing the amount of bud in the chamber and/or turning up the temp, I like 7 on the dial which is around 210C it creates very nice clouds

It is not very portable as it is, there are a couple of bags for it on the marker a hard case and soft. I have bought the soft one for around £35 and took it on a road trip to Amsterdam once which was really quality.

Conclusion, if you have thought about buying one to save your lungs from combustion. Photos attached

Another thumbs up can be annoying as it switches itself off after 30 mins so I turn mine on 30 times a day the taste is superb I can differentiate between pk 13/14 & hammerhead 🤢🤢
  • BADM4N, W.S, Horse Badorties and 2 others like this

#10 BADM4N

BADM4N

Junglist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:29 PM

Nice thread
I have a minivap, da Buddha and da Vinci ascent
Minivap is the best, which I use with some glass.
Similar to this
https://encrypted-tb...hg5FI3iztBEO9cK

I need to get a glass vape bong I use my friends with my da vinci IQ and its a beast hits as hard as the volcano

Badm4n love to know your views on the Da Vinci IQ,
I've been using the Da Vinci ascent for the last few years thats still going strong.

The summit I bought failed on me and when I saw the reviews on the iq plus a 10 year warranty I thought it was a no brained. I'll do the review after the plenty

i bought this for me shatter works a treat ;)

http://www.ebay.co.u...9cAAOSw~epZgtKM

Nice, I wonder how it compares to the dabstorm 2.0 I got it for a bargain at 40quid from vapefiend

Another thumbs up can be annoying as it switches itself off after 30 mins so I turn mine on 30 times a day the taste is superb I can differentiate between pk 13/14 & hammerhead 🤢🤢

Interesting my volcano doesn't do that, is yours a digital or just a newer model?
  • W.S, captain beefheart, gingerb and 3 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.