Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

wana be a COB nutter? need help? just ask!

cree citizen led cobs drivers

• Please log in to reply
569 replies to this topic

#1 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:03 PM

so some of you already know i build LED COB arrays   or single cob units and along the way ive learnt a bit,

so if you find your self in the quagmire of drivers, volts, amps, mah,   and dont know what bits you need?

passive heat sinks over fan cooled  which is best?  wire size?  what to build your frames from?

etc, etc,

just ask and ill help you as much as i can

one i made earlier it has a remote control bit of a gimmick but it would work for a space where you cant reach the array easily  this one has passive pin fin heatsinks cos they cool well , citizen 3500k gen6 36volt cobs

meanwell 240 watt driver

20170829 160343
20170829 160317

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 29 others like this

#2 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,525 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:20 PM

How much to build that Forest ? and what is it on power ? cheers

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 14 others like this

#3 Lizardking

Lizardking

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:07 PM

Hi forest,was it you who told me that if you start using more than 3500k,you will get more leaf on the plant??
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 10 others like this

#4 Lizardking

Lizardking

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:30 PM

Can we make this thread a sticky?? Be good to have all cob related chats in one place,makes it easier for my brain 😂
  • Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 10 others like this

#5 ZenArcher

ZenArcher

Cleaned my nails

• Respected User
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:21 PM

Hi Forest, one thing I noticed on your photographed rig was a box between the power cable and the driver. I've been looking into building a cob light on YouTube, but haven't seen that particular part in any of the instruction videos. Can you tell me what it is please ?   :huh:   :)  :)  Oh sorry mate, just noticed you said it had remote control, bet it's that. doh!   :huh:  ;)  :)   

• Dekay, duke, Zipp and 5 others like this

#6 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:37 PM

How much to build that Forest ? and what is it on power ? cheers

200 in parts jimbo

Hi forest,was it you who told me that if you start using more than 3500k,you will get more leaf on the plant??

yep i started with 4000k and 4500k  they both give more leaf that the 3500 and the  3000k a bit less

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 11 others like this

#7 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:40 PM

Hi Forest, one thing I noticed on your photographed rig was a box between the power cable and the driver. I've been looking into building a cob light on YouTube, but haven't seen that particular part in any of the instruction videos. Can you tell me what it is please ?   :huh:   :)  :)  Oh sorry mate, just noticed you said it had remote control, bet it's that. doh!   :huh:  ;)  :)   

the junction box on the left as you look from the top of the rig is from screw fix and cost 1.60 ish i bring together the mains power there and fit a iec socket (three pin kettle plug) the right hand side is the dimmer/remote , the remote is stuck on top of the driver is you look you can see it 

when i dont use a remote/dimmer, i use two of the junction boxes and bring the led dc volts together in it and as said the mains are in the other one

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 9 others like this

#8 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:53 PM

Good to see you back around Forest.

So what's a COB then, in plain English (or French)?

What size would I need for the Orgasmatron (0.9 x 1.1m)?

How much leccy will it use?

Can you build me one?

All good things

TDA

• Dekay, duke, Zipp and 8 others like this

#9 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,819 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:53 PM

@Forest Nice to see this, thanks :) My old 330W and 400W CMH bulbs are up for a replacement soon, and from what I've seen COBs look like the ticket. What would you recommend for replacements in comparable COBs? Both the CMHs are 4000K. My other lights are 315W 4000K CMHs, so actually I'd like something that compares to them :rolleyes:

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 9 others like this

#10 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,918 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:01 PM

Can we make this thread a sticky?? Be good to have all cob related chats in one place,makes it easier for my brain 😂

yep we can do that i shall look now and if no one has done it allready i shall as it a good kind gesture from our friend forest,peace

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, Zipp and 8 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cree, citizen, led, cobs, drivers

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.