• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Afton

Afton

OLD GUYS RULE!

• Moderators
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:39 AM

I have a question maybe someone could help me with.

I will be vegging indoors next year and was thinking of 14/10 light schedule.

Is this going to hurt if I do it this way?

I was thinking that I could put out my plants as soon as it gets to 14 hours of daylight around the beginning of May.

I would start popping seeds mid to late March.

At the 14 hour lights on I know they won't grow as fast as a longer light schedule, but will it help to have better root growth and a stronger stalk? 

Or should I just start off at a longer light schedule and then drop an hour a week until it is time to put the girls out?

I am going to put them all in smart pots, but 1 will go into my orchard where one of my trees died last year. 

Those will be for my photo plants but I will also be putting out some autos at the same time.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.  

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, duke and 5 others like this

#2 Chew

Chew

BioBomber

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:11 AM

I was thinking that I could put out my plants as soon as it gets to 14 hours of daylight around the beginning of May.
At the 14 hour lights on I know they won't grow as fast as a longer light schedule, but will it help to have better root growth and a stronger stalk?
Or should I just start off at a longer light schedule and then drop an hour a week until it is time to put the girls out?
I am going to put them all in smart pots, but 1 will go into my orchard where one of my trees died last year.
Those will be for my photo plants but I will also be putting out some autos at the same time.

They may start to flower with 14/10? I veg using the gas lantern routine. The only change I make is I extend the light interruption from 1 hour to 1.5.

They grow just as fast as 18/6 or 24/0. I've grown this way for the last 4 grows and I've never looked back. Healthier plants imo and once you flip, they flower quicker :)
  • Budgie, The Dude Abides, duke and 4 others like this

#3 Afton

Afton

OLD GUYS RULE!

• Moderators
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:17 AM

@Chew I thought that they wouldn't flower until 12 hours.
I really don't want to run lights if I don't have to.

It will be pretty clearly seen from all my neighbors.

I have CFL's for my vegging and I guess I may have to move them outside.

Thanks for you input bud!   :headbang: 

• duke, Solo Quin, THC F13ND and 1 other like this

#4 Solo Quin

Solo Quin

Organically High

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:50 AM

Regulars will adjust when you put the out @Afton,

Auto's will finish on due course they don't revert back into veg once flowering has started.

What sort of medium are you growing in?

• duke and Afton like this

#5 Afton

Afton

OLD GUYS RULE!

• Moderators
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:55 AM

@Solo Quin I will be growing in soil. Mostly roots 707, Vermifire, and black gold organics.

Not worried about autos so much as I am with the photos.

Just don't want the photos to flower and then back top vegg and back to flower again.

That is what happened to my GG this year or else it would have done a lot better this year.

• duke and Nefarious Shenanigans like this

#6 Nefarious Shenanigans

Nefarious Shenanigans

youthful exuberance

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:02 AM

I would think 14/10 or 15/9 would do the job nicely and prevent the reveg shenanigans. Check the daylight calculator for the exact timing you will find at that time of the year in your location and mimic that

just make sure when they go out you really take the trouble to acclimatize them slowly over at least a few days

I just threw some out there at nature's whim and they got some sunburn etc initially; I got lazy basically and it all ended ok, but they woulda done better with some getting used to it first

but yeah I will be attempting something like this myself this coming year, as the season is short here so if you want monsters they have to be raised a little indoors first I reckon too

#7 Afton

Afton

OLD GUYS RULE!

• Moderators
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:30 AM

@Nefarious Shenanigans in the middle of May is when I hit 14 hours of daylight.

I'll put the plants under my upstairs patio for a few days and then out in the yard.

My goal is to grow 7-9 foot plants this next year.

I figure I'll start the photos late March. The clones I had this year 

I got in early June and were 4-5 feet tall so and extra couple of months 

should get me to my goal. Fingers crossed!

• duke and Nefarious Shenanigans like this

#8 DoubleTrouble

DoubleTrouble

Advanced Member

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:57 AM

what strains are you going to be using... you may have trouble keeping certain stuff in veg with only 14 hours day light.. anything with guerilla gold genetics will be a ballache thats for sure.

#9 Afton

Afton

OLD GUYS RULE!

• Moderators
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:00 AM

@DoubleTrouble I will more than likely be running CBD plants.

ACDC, REMEDY, CANIDADA, NIGHTINGALE, and maybe a few more. 

• duke likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.