9 replies to this topic

#1 Lizardking

Lizardking

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

Just a quicky,I’d like to know how many people include their background ec when feeding their plants,or do most people just ignore their background ec?
  • Dekay, duke and Dex like this

#2 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:16 PM

Mine is 0.3ec out of the tap with my 1ml of canna A and 1ml of canna B per litre I’m at 1.2ec just we’re I wanna be
  • Dekay, duke, Lizardking and 1 other like this

#3 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:17 PM

Just a quicky,I’d like to know how many people include their background ec when feeding their plants,or do most people just ignore their background ec?

i ignore it as its mostly crap not available directly to plant roots and therefore not counted as feed,peace

• Dekay and Lizardking like this

#4 Lizardking

Lizardking

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:24 PM

Mine is 0.3ec out of the tap with my 1ml of canna A and 1ml of canna B per litre I’m at 1.2ec just we’re I wanna be

But do you include your tap water in with the strength of your ec? Looks like a yes to me,otherwise you would say your ec is 0.9

i ignore it as its mostly crap not available directly to plant roots and therefore not counted as feed,peace

I ignore it too mate.
  • Dekay and duke like this

#5 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:30 PM

But do you include your tap water in with the strength of your ec? Looks like a yes to me,otherwise you would say your ec is 0.9
I ignore it too mate.

if i want ec 1.2 i make meter reading 1.6-7ec other way round makes for defs ime but i suppose a lot depends on what the background is made up of,down south its calcium carbonate or chalk but not in correct particle sizes to be used by plants,my horticulture teacher grows allsorts and he taught me to grow in coco coir and thats how it was explained to me,peace

#6 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,751 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:34 PM

lots of place ive read to count it  but ive never totally counted it just a small bit of it 

• Dekay, duke and Lizardking like this

#7 Lizardking

Lizardking

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:40 PM

if i want ec 1.2 i make meter reading 1.6-7ec other way round makes for defs ime but i suppose a lot depends on what the background is made up of,down south its calcium carbonate or chalk but not in correct particle sizes to be used by plants,my horticulture teacher grows allsorts and he taught me to grow in coco coir and thats how it was explained to me,peace

So you include your tap water in with the strength of your solution then? If you want an ec of 1.2...it comes up at 1.6-1.7 ec.but you don’t call it 1.6 or 1.7...you call it 1.2,so you don’t include the background ec?

#8 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:49 PM

So you include your tap water in with the strength of your solution then? If you want an ec of 1.2...it comes up at 1.6-1.7 ec.but you don’t call it 1.6 or 1.7...you call it 1.2,so you don’t include the background ec?

correct. of course its one of those questions to which all will answer different depending on what the bg is made up of and what you find works for you,peace

#9 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

• Moderators
  • 16,409 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:53 PM

I don`t have an EC pen here atmo, but i just like the feeding X amount of ml per litre approach no matter what nowadays and going by how plant is looking, if that looks happy then i am too. I`m soft water but my mix has consisted of 150ml of canna AnB added to 60 or 70 litres of water, i`ll drop back to around 2ml per litre after week 3 is over in bloom, not really an answer to what your wanting but what i`m getting at is if your use the ml per litre approach it doesn`t really matter what your water is hard or soft so long as plant looks sound and those EC pens can do your nut in.

• Dekay, duke and Lizardking like this

#10 Lizardking

Lizardking

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:10 PM

Thanks for your replays gents.the reason I ask,is that a mate of mine wants to start growing...total nubie.he asked if I include my bg ec in with my feed,I told him no.hes gone off and done a load of research into it,and is now questioning why I don't include it! I said I have hard water,and I use nutes sparingly with my bg ec.i told him it's totally up to him if he includes his bg ec or not.do you think you would get better yields and healthier plants if we did include our bg ec??

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.