Photo
- - - - -

Vapour Pressure Deficit or VPD for short !

vpd humidity temp growing environment

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:23 PM

had this on the computer for ages now, been meaning to upload it,

basically, without all the science (as i don't know science, just cafe's), this is a chart to show the optimum humidity and temp for growing bud !  

Attached File  IMG_8509.jpg   330.86KB   0 downloads

and heres some science about it !

• Dekay, duke, Solo Quin and 3 others like this

#2 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:27 PM

at the end of the video it says that if your leaf is hotter than the air in the room then your lights are too close ! never thought of that before ! ever ! makes sense tho eh ! 

• Dekay, duke, Solo Quin and 3 others like this

#3 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,695 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:02 PM

at the end of the video it says that if your leaf is hotter than the air in the room then your lights are too close !

That may be true but, it would be very difficult to keep the canopy foliage below the air temperature whilst still providing sufficient illumination.

After all, in nature, anything in direct sunlight, including leaves, is likely get warmer than the surrounding air.
  • Dekay, duke, Roy Cropper and 2 others like this

#4 HanShotFirst

HanShotFirst

• Respected User
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:19 PM

at the end of the video it says that if your leaf is hotter than the air in the room then your lights are too close ! never thought of that before ! ever ! makes sense tho eh ! 

Maybe try using a laser thermometer to take temp readings off your leaves Roy. It really helps me dial in my air temps and helps me to not be concerned with some things that can warm up my grow room.

My atmospheric controller and wall mount thermometer gives me one air temp reading measured at the canopy level but I can say with certain, depending on the zone I take a reading, there's about 10 variations of temps in my room spanning about a 15-20 degree swing in temps.

So by taking my readings off the leaves I can dial in my room almost to perfection. My room may be at 82-90F (27-32c) with an upswing of temps around the lights but as long as the leaf temps are at 77F (25c) I disregard those high number readings off the thermostat and controller and adjust according to the leaf temps

• Dekay, duke, Roy Cropper and 2 others like this

#5 Scone

Scone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:41 AM

"Scone you switched off your thermo-lazarmagadjet, what's wrong"

gallery_1415_625_32698.jpg

Nothing. I'm all right.

Use the force Luke, visualize that missile plunging into the tight quivering thermal exhaust port of the Death Star as it braces itself in anticipation.  

gallery_1415_625_21465.jpg

Sweat beads up on Vader's brow as you slide your X-Wing gently up the Maridian Trench inching ever closer to the vulerable exhaust port, your missile throbbing as you grip the control stick.

Come on Obi Wan, your messing with me, this is serious.

gallery_1415_625_5550.jpg

To Obi Wan you must listen, Deep into the exhaust port you must ram your missile.

Come On Obe Wan, that doesn't even Sound like Yoda.

• Dekay, duke, HanShotFirst and 2 others like this

#6 Doublej

Doublej

Upper Left US

• Respected User
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:53 AM

I need some of you you got man...
  • duke, Horse Badorties and Scone like this

#7 Scone

Scone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:47 AM

The World

gallery_1415_625_38519.jpg

needs some of what I've got.

If your pot ain't all it should be now
This girl could put it right
I'll show you what it could be now
Just give me one Light

Edited by Scone, 14 January 2018 - 04:47 AM.

• duke, olmec, HanShotFirst and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vpd, humidity, temp, growing environment

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.