42 replies to this topic

#21 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:34 PM

I have thought about venturis, and a mate is experimenting with them just now, but to be honest its got its downsides too -more heat (cos you need another water pump), and the flooms will produce more than enough DO to pump round the system I reckon. 

Saying all that, if my mate ends up growing kilo trees with his venturis, ill be straight on the bandwagon ha ha

Why do you need another water pump? :o All you need is the water being pumped from the res to the spray bars... That water is moving already in one direction, which is all you need... Just introduce a small diameter brass or similar pipe drilled through the pipe that feeds the spray bars (from the top) & position the bottom of the small pipe in the middle of the flow in the water pipe... It'll suck air in as the water passes...

Think of it like a carburetor... But instead of adding fuel to air you're adding air to water... It's a piece of piss :lol: No extra water pump needed at all, NONE!

• fairy likes this

#22 Stutter

Stutter

captain underpants

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:59 AM

a good flume is all you will need and as you have said even just the water coming from the spray bars would be more than enough D/O. i love a good hydro ysstem build. i have made a few in my time each one more elaborate than the last lol. i always build them without airstones cause i hate airstones and air pumps.

my last one was my favourite. it was a RDWC (Undercurrent) type system which also had drip fed baskets above. the pump sucked water thought the undercurrent and had a massive pond fountain contained in a bucket as a flume. man that seriously grew plants faster than anything i have ever seen in my life.

• duke, fairy and bigbadbillybob like this

#23 Stutter

Stutter

captain underpants

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:21 AM

she isnt as tidy as yours but man she worked well and had everything i demanded from a system. i could leave it for a whole week and not have to touch it or add anything to it. simply turn a tap on one of the lines to utilise the pump for res changes. because she was drip feed as well as RDWC i could start my seedlings directly in the system. i have very fond memories of this system. 

Attached File  IMG_8382_zpswmeoqkzm.jpg   250.22KB   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_8378_zpsmztfxyvj.jpg   80.8KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20150322_150908_zps0czna26w.jpg   741.98KB   0 downloads

thats at 4 weeks from seed. the growth rate  was quite impressive. sorry to clutter up your thread. hydro systems just get me a little giddy lol

#24 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:25 PM

thats never a cdm above those plants ? they are shit, ask @ MDS he'll tell you, he knows all about them ! 

• duke, fairy, bigbadbillybob and 2 others like this

#25 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:27 PM

she isnt as tidy as yours but man she worked well and had everything i demanded from a system. i could leave it for a whole week and not have to touch it or add anything to it. simply turn a tap on one of the lines to utilise the pump for res changes. because she was drip feed as well as RDWC i could start my seedlings directly in the system. i have very fond memories of this system. 

attachicon.gifIMG_8382_zpswmeoqkzm.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_8378_zpsmztfxyvj.jpg

attachicon.gif20150322_150908_zps0czna26w.jpg

thats at 4 weeks from seed. the growth rate  was quite impressive. sorry to clutter up your thread. hydro systems just get me a little giddy lol

Its not cluttering up anything, its adding to it from experience, which is what its all about.

It doesn't matter what it looks like, as long as it works (it looks very good to me anyway). I have toyed with the drip fed idea before but never actually tried it out.

Nice system, why did you stop using it?

As an aside, I don't think a venturi would work with the spray bars, because of the restriction to the flow. The pressure going through the pipes to the sprayers is obviously restricted by the size of the holes at the spray bars, meaning the pump is working against the restriction, and the water always finds the easiest way out, which when back pressured would be out of the top of the venturi hole. Would make a nice additional fountain/ waterfall tho.

I could be wrong tho, wouldn't be the first time (it would be the 3rd ha ha) 

• duke and fairy like this

#26 Stutter

Stutter

captain underpants

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:17 PM

I stopped using it mainly because i run a lot of reg beans so coco drain to waste is simply more practical for weeding out males. Then of course when i got divorced the whole system got tossed out. And other reasons like i can never sit still and wanted to try other methods as well like organics and stuff. 

I will likely build another system one day when i get the itch again. 

#27 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:42 AM

me too. 

I'm not wasting my time sitting around, I'm gonna build another 4 pot system to add to the current one. 

I'm still thinking about how I'm gonna do the returns to avoid me standing on any of the pipework, but have a cunning plan which involves a raised walkway platform. (should also help in keeping the heat down.

This will create a mega 8 pot system  Its going into a room which will be 4.6 metres by 2.4 metres, by 2.4 high , under 6 x 600watters, if I can control the extraction

shouldn't be too difficult as ive now got 2 x 12 inch fans and filters for the exhaust, and a 8 inch intake will be ordered nearer the time.

, and am also making ap 2 variac controllers, one a twin variac (to cover the intake and extract, and one  just to cover the extra out take, its complicated, but i wil get there. ) so it will be trees for life

the current one will have the spray bars squares  removed and replaced with a simple elbow into the box I'm thinking, er maybe. with a tee on the end to help distribution ....we will see.

I also noticed that I glued one of the return tees on the wrong way. - musta been when i was high off the fumes.

Well I say the wrong way but it still works fine, just not swept in the same directional  line as the others which annoys me continually, due to my OCD lol.

I will also have to make up new returns too, because they will need to be further apart. .

So stay tuned for more pipework and electrical shenanigans to come

#28 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,918 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:19 PM

hi @bigbadbillybob im not knocking it honest but have you thought maybe cutting down on numbers and running one or 2 long veg trees rather than the risk and added complications and with a little longer veg you can still yield well but it looks much better if the worsed ever happens again and just maybe might save an unwanted holiday at her majestys hotel.ive had to learn to go smaller myself due to 3 busts before and is only way tina will let me grow now as a bust means eviction as well here plant numbers matter to courts and size is not a problem as if your busted when plants still growing each only counts as 40 grams no matter how big cool or what?im not trying to scare you honest and love to watch your grows but in current climate i do worry you risk to much,good luck with the plumbing stuff anyhow,peace

• olmec, fairy and bigbadbillybob like this

#29 Stutter

Stutter

captain underpants

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:02 PM

Cant wait to see it

#30 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:58 PM

hi @bigbadbillybob im not knocking it honest but have you thought maybe cutting down on numbers and running one or 2 long veg trees rather than the risk and added complications and with a little longer veg you can still yield well but it looks much better if the worsed ever happens again and just maybe might save an unwanted holiday at her majestys hotel.ive had to learn to go smaller myself due to 3 busts before and is only way tina will let me grow now as a bust means eviction as well here plant numbers matter to courts and size is not a problem as if your busted when plants still growing each only counts as 40 grams no matter how big cool or what?im not trying to scare you honest and love to watch your grows but in current climate i do worry you risk to much,good luck with the plumbing stuff anyhow,peace

Thanks for popping in Duke mate, I appreciate your concerns. 

up these parts they have each plant, ijncluding seedlings down as double that-80 grams. , and a box of trim valued at a grand, its mental, honestly, they don't have a clue

I'm still officially on bail, so will be behaving myself till its up, and all this poca bollox is done and dusted, or they will throw the book at me.

After that tho..............................it will be all guns blazing full steam ahead.......but with less plants than last time -just bigger.ones/. its not as if I'm doing anything wrong....well not in my eyes anyway,

ive had a look at the sentencing guidelines and under 9 plants is the same level of sentence as growing one plant. -i.e. no jail time -  so 8 it is ha ha.. well I might go 4. that is 4 in bloom, so I can veg another 4 for when they are finished, so 8 in total, either way. 

ive also got a family member with skin cancer who needs oil, but I cant grow anything just now. A lot of my previous grows bud stash went this way.

I't is sooo bloody frustrating, I am seriously tempted, but it know I just cant.. They are relying on the NHS -No Hope Service, so I think they will end up getting large chunks cut out of them, all thanks to these stupid laws

I'm gonna post up some pics when I build it, whatever I end up building tho, 2,4,8, sites, you know how it is, constantly changing me mind till build day  lol.

• duke, fairy, MDS and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.