42 replies to this topic

#41 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:54 PM

im not a plumber, but reckon ive probably got as much experience at glueing this stuff together than some lol. 

i cant understand why antone would not have a removable u bend, its bloody ridiculous, as they always block at some point.

Dont worry on the numbers Duke, you old worry boots , there is a method in my madness.

i can now do 2 grows a year and have the summer off. Well, that's the plan anyway. 

im taking some time out just now so figured it would be better spent upgrading the system rather than sit on my arse getting stoned all day. And the bubblers were a pain to empty and refill.

And once its done I can get back to sitting on my arse getting stoned all day lol.

• duke and denots like this

#42 denots

denots

oil me up before you go go

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:38 PM

All looking good Billy. You can still work and get stoned all day mate, but I do know what you mean, sometimes It's hard to get going when your stoned and everythings manyana  :D .

If I ever build another rdwc system Billy, I'd run the main feed along the back wall of the groom above the pots, and tee off to each pot and drop into the top of the pots for the rain bars, I'd put a valve after each tee as well so I could turn off each pot individually. But can't see me going back to water grows unless I move and have a spare downstairs room for growing. I still like water growing the best though, It's all I've ever done really.

• duke and bigbadbillybob like this

#43 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:21 AM

I like the way you do things - No messing about :)

The single res is a bit risk, if I ever get root issues, as they will all be affected, but the other option was to go with 2 reserviours and 2 chillers (££££).

Hmm... I wonder... If the chiller is powerful enough to chill the volume of liquid in two reservoirs then there maybe there is a way?

What if the chiller ran a closed-loop system with coils in the reservoirs - kind of like a boiler heating a hot water tank, but cooling rather than heating?

I'm sure there would be practical issues to address, but as a concept it seems sound :)
  • duke, denots and bigbadbillybob like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.