Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

You've heard of CMH?...Now meet CHPS!

Eye Hortilux 600 watt CHPS Hortilux CHPS Ceramic High Pressure Sodium CHPS Demo Grow CHPS grown Cannabis CMH CHPS light test

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 Bandit 4freekin20

Bandit 4freekin20

American Outlaw

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:00 PM

CHPS-product-page-image-400x600.jpg

Heard a rumor about this lamp a few days ago. Turns out it's real.

Hortilux also jumped into the CMH game with a 315 watt option to compete with Philips and the rest of the CMH field. I am aroused :D

600W-CHPS-spectralChart-400x247.png

Ceramic-HPS-in-Fixture.jpg

Advantages

The Ceramic HPS produces a white light and has a much broader spectrum with an abundance of red spectral energy. The spectral energy of Ceramic HPS is unmatched in the Horticulture market and is only possible through the exclusive EYE HORTILUX chemistry.

Benefits

Ceramic HPS enhances essential oil production and produces plants with minimal stretching. Ceramic HPS produces vibrant colorful plants which stay strong and healthy throughout the flowering stage. The Ceramic HPS is a strong Start-to-Finish grow light as well and produces healthy vegetative plants ready for transition to stronger light sources.

Edited by lefty, 31 March 2018 - 05:35 PM.

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 17 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,918 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:22 PM

to many reinventions of the bulb to keep up with!i still an hps/mh user and only just in the last 5 years,before that i was using fluroes and still got the original philips pl4 fluroe nearly 30 years old and still working!i bet these are expensive as well,good luck if you try them,peace

• Dekay, 2scoops, Zipp and 6 others like this

#3 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:48 PM

So is this a cmh bulb that screws into a 600w hps ballast ? Or am I being a wally ? And if so ( cmh-hps ballast ) which bulb would this be in the same league as ? The Phillips 930 or 942 ? Looks to me to be like the 942 with the "clean white light" quote on the box !
  • Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 8 others like this

#4 Bandit 4freekin20

Bandit 4freekin20

American Outlaw

• Respected User
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:05 PM

to many reinventions of the bulb to keep up with!i still an hps/mh user and only just in the last 5 years,before that i was using fluroes and still got the original philips pl4 fluroe nearly 30 years old and still working!i bet these are expensive as well,good luck if you try them,peace

Kinda like how the telephone gets reinvented every other year :lol:

Weird thing though...I love new technology in grow lights but I still use a landline and have never sent a text message in my life. :)

Pretty sure the brand name on that one will likely have it in a very high price range. I would bet at least $150 USD. Give it six months and the Chinese will have a knock-off for half the price ;)

Not sure if I'll give it a go..still working thru some other tech I really enjoy using.

But if I was buying new 600watt gear it would be very hard for me to pass on it

So is this a cmh bulb that screws into a 600w hps ballast ? Or am I being a wally ? And if so ( cmh-hps ballast ) which bulb would this be in the same league as ? The Phillips 930 or 942 ? Looks to me to be like the 942 with the "clean white light" quote on the box !

It's an HPS with a ceramic arc and yes it runs off a standard 600watt HPS ballast. Looks like a MH with the bulb jacket.

It's basically a high performance 600 watt HPS with more blue and UV built in than any 600watt HPS made. So if you already have a 600watt HPS system with the standard mogul socket, this lamp is a replacement option. Coverage is about the same as any 600watt HPS

Edited by lefty, 23 January 2018 - 11:10 PM.

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 10 others like this

#5 Enzyme303

Enzyme303

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:12 PM

Big up the knock offs,i wouldnt mind a cheap version at all(once it runs good) :)

Edited by Enzyme303, 23 January 2018 - 11:13 PM.

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 6 others like this

#6 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:22 PM

I would maybe pay the extra for one of these if they keep plants shorter and yield the same or better, I hope your going to test one for us skint growers @lefty , I dont mind paying out if its worth it, it sounds better just need someone to say oh yeah they way better and I on it :)

• Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 6 others like this

#7 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,819 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:48 AM

Do you know what the 90% life is? I know I could look around, but I'm busy drinking :beerbelly:

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#8 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:13 PM

And to think, I was gonna fuck me hps off and go straight cdm ! Dunno now, saying that it is coming across like a mh bulb,

So it does what 315's do, but runs at 600w !

I wonder what the heat off these would be like ?
  • Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#9 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,525 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:09 PM

Your still a wally @Roy Cropper. ;)

• Dekay, Roy Cropper, fairy and 4 others like this

#10 Bandit 4freekin20

Bandit 4freekin20

American Outlaw

• Respected User
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:41 PM

Do you know what the 90% life is? I know I could look around, but I'm busy drinking :beerbelly:

GWI's (Googling While Intoxicated) are the leading cause of all crashes on the information superhighway :P

No spec data is out yet. Not even a price. Only pics and manufacturer claims. I'm guessing it's open fixture rated though looking at this ;)

system-productPG-image-940x455.png

And to think, I was gonna fuck me hps off and go straight cdm ! Dunno now, saying that it is coming across like a mh bulb,

So it does what 315's do, but runs at 600w !

I wonder what the heat off these would be like ?

In the USA we have 315, 630, and now this new 600.

The 630 is a double end CDM/CMH lamp and requires a substantial change in equipment to use it with new ballast and a DE shade.

This new 600 would be for the growers that want to upgrade their HPS to CMH/CDM but dont want to overhaul their whole light system, just change a lamp.

It will not produce the huge amounts of UV and blue that a CMH/CDM can produce but it will produce more blue and UV than any other HPS out there right now.

Edited by lefty, 24 January 2018 - 01:43 PM.

• Dekay, 2scoops, fairy and 5 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Eye Hortilux 600 watt CHPS, Hortilux, CHPS, Ceramic High Pressure Sodium, CHPS Demo Grow, CHPS grown Cannabis, CMH, CHPS light test

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.