• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 FirstGrow

FirstGrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:38 AM

Hello! I`m new in this forums and also this is my first harvest ever.

The seed bank (https://www.royalque...-flowering.html) says that it lasts 7 weeks, it is already beginning its eight week of flowering. It has exceed nutes but is recently fixed (I think that the pistils got "burned" because of the exceed nutes)

600W HPS
Soil Medium with Canna Nutrients

Trichomes (Taken from the highest bud in altitude)

4a913a997b945474718e127552c5f3ad.jpg

Zoom Out:

c25ec9d29bce55b849382305a2472277.jpg

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, Dekay and 13 others like this

#2 ZenArcher

ZenArcher

Cleaned my nails

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:34 AM

Hello FirstGrow, All seems well with the plant you photographed.  I don't think you've burnt the pistils, they are just turning brown/orange because they're maturing.  As for the breeders time scale for flowering, they always play down the flowering period,  you can safely expect to be at least two weeks more than their flowering time.   Another couple of weeks looks about right for them judging by the trichomes.

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 8 others like this

#3 Enzyme303

Enzyme303

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:53 AM

Thats a good result for first grow well done :) Get yourself a magnifier cheap on ebay or local if ye have them,will help with checking the trichs look for all milky,will start out clear and will turn like the have smoke inside the trich head(this is milky) or leave a bit longer for round 10% amber if you want a more sedate result.They do look milky already but that could be the light in the room making it look that way,up close looking is good.

Ive only ever had one royal queen strain and really liked it(honey cream) yours sounds nice too, @ZenArcher has given sound advice.

all the best with harvest hope it turns out good :)

Edited by Enzyme303, 24 January 2018 - 10:01 AM.

• The Dude Abides, smokin soul, duke and 7 others like this

#4 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:22 AM

You already have your answer from zen and enzyme so I’m just going to say welcome, plant looks fantastic and royal queen seeds do top shelf plants so your going to enjoy
  • Dekay, smokin soul, duke and 5 others like this

#5 Nefarious Shenanigans

Nefarious Shenanigans

youthful exuberance

• Respected User
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:27 AM

it's a matter of personal taste, she looks close to ready for my tastes

when as much of her as possible has trichomes that look like this, is what I would aim for:

Attached File  closeupcircle.png   726.79KB   2 downloads

that is from the photo you posted above, so you are close, but obviously it is a constantly shifting scenario with your clear trichomes becoming the cloudy you see here in the close up, and the cloudy turning amber orange like a traffic light. So for my personal tastes the idea is to catch it at the point where most of them are the deep cloudy but not yet amber. This is the height of THC production and amber trichomes is an indicator of degradation of THC into other compounds, primarily CBN, which apparently gives the more sedative effects... That is not to diss anyone who likes their smoke very amber, but is simply how it works in real life and chemistry as far as I understand it

I find most weed is stoney enough as to inhibit productivity without trying to make it more so LOL I like to smoke all day, but I also like to get some things done while I do that, and that means physical work usually, gardening and stuff. So functionality is a part of it and THC is what I am after really in terms of a soaring but functional high

if it is your first harvest you may find some benefit in taking some when it is cloudy and leaving a couple of buds to go into amber territory and you can see what you like yourself, rather than taking my word for it

enjoy the fruits of your labour anyway dude

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 5 others like this

#6 Enzyme303

Enzyme303

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:03 PM

+ 1 full cloudy,i think they still progress as the are hung to dry anyway but not 100% on this

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 4 others like this

#7 Nefarious Shenanigans

Nefarious Shenanigans

youthful exuberance

• Respected User
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:31 PM

I completely agree from my own observations that there is definitely some small amount of progress in the trichs during the first few days as they hang dry @Enzyme303

• Dekay, duke and no1 like this

#8 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,691 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:56 PM

The seed bank (https://www.royalque...-flowering.html) says that it lasts 7 weeks, it is already beginning its eight week of flowering.

When did you start counting from?

Typically, 'flowering' doesn't really start until ten-days to two-weeks after switching the lights to 12/12.
  • The Dude Abides, Solo Quin, no1 and 1 other like this

#9 FirstGrow

FirstGrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:34 PM

Thanks to all!

I`m gonna keep checking, i already have a magnifier so i might look closely to that part and get a real idea on when.

@Anonymiss Light switch was on 3 of December, first flower came literally the day after the switch.

So i should cut when i see all milky? Right? and i can cut like one part them leave the other plant (Doesnt that stress the fuck of the plant(hermies?)).

Shall i check the trics every day? or every 3 days is fine?

Sorry just fucking noob about the topic (even when reading on previous posts/forums im not clear).

This one is her sister Royal Cookies (Just showing i think i can handle this one, too early atm): 

3a502d98f143fd093fb14dc71629458e.jpg

Edited by FirstGrow, 24 January 2018 - 10:35 PM.

• Budgie, duke, Slippery and 4 others like this

#10 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:02 PM

Thanks to all!

So i should cut when i see all milky? Right? and i can cut like one part them leave the other plant (Doesnt that stress the fuck of the plant(hermies?)).

Shall i check the trics every day? or every 3 days is fine?

Sorry just fucking noob about the topic (even when reading on previous posts/forums im not clear).

This one is her sister Royal Cookies (Just showing i think i can handle this one, too early atm):
3a502d98f143fd093fb14dc71629458e.jpg

If you wanted you could take the top third of the plant off when your happy that the trichromes are at the stage you want I.e. milky or milky and amber. Then leave the lower 2 thirds of the plant another week to ripen more with no fear of hermie danger because there would no be enough time to do any damage in 7 days ( grow male parts that are mature enough to polinate itself and then grow any seeds )

Every 3days should be fine when your checking the trichrome maturity

That plant pic is gorgeous
  • Budgie, Dekay, duke and 4 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Harvest, Photo

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.