23 replies to this topic

#11 FirstGrow

FirstGrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:31 AM

it's a matter of personal taste, she looks close to ready for my tastes

when as much of her as possible has trichomes that look like this, is what I would aim for:

attachicon.gifcloseupcircle.png

that is from the photo you posted above, so you are close, but obviously it is a constantly shifting scenario with your clear trichomes becoming the cloudy you see here in the close up, and the cloudy turning amber orange like a traffic light. So for my personal tastes the idea is to catch it at the point where most of them are the deep cloudy but not yet amber. This is the height of THC production and amber trichomes is an indicator of degradation of THC into other compounds, primarily CBN, which apparently gives the more sedative effects... That is not to diss anyone who likes their smoke very amber, but is simply how it works in real life and chemistry as far as I understand it

I find most weed is stoney enough as to inhibit productivity without trying to make it more so LOL I like to smoke all day, but I also like to get some things done while I do that, and that means physical work usually, gardening and stuff. So functionality is a part of it and THC is what I am after really in terms of a soaring but functional high

if it is your first harvest you may find some benefit in taking some when it is cloudy and leaving a couple of buds to go into amber territory and you can see what you like yourself, rather than taking my word for it

enjoy the fruits of your labour anyway dude

So from that point i would say 1 week or so? 

• Dekay and no1 like this

#12 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Administrators
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:34 AM

Some lovely plants you've got there @FirstGrow, and some good advice received too.

When to harvest is a bit subjective, and can be a bit confusing. But as well as the trichomes, it's good to keep your eye on the pistils. They will turn orange as the plants mature and start to shrink back into the buds. When most of them do this that is usually a good sign that you are entering the harvesting phase and should be giving them water only, when this happens the buds will also begin to add weight and hopefully become denser/more solid feeling. Not rushing harvest helps you to obtain a longer lasting, more satisfying stone, and have more dried goodies at the end too :joint: :weed:

• Dekay, Slippery, Solo Quin and 3 others like this

#13 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Administrators
  • 16,012 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:50 AM

Its worth waiting while they are all cloudy for first amber to appear and no more (if that is how you like it at most active with THC) then you know for sure its not still fattening/swelling the calyx and will only be downhill from there for the not as sleepy smoke :) It is personal taste but as a first time grower take a single bud now dry it some where warm but not an oven of any kind and try it, you are safe to wait another week for sure so then take another next week, this is a good habit to get into to find your own personal taste ;)

• Budgie, Slippery, no1 and 2 others like this

#14 FirstGrow

FirstGrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:10 AM

Its worth waiting while they are all cloudy for first amber to appear and no more (if that is how you like it at most active with THC) then you know for sure its not still fattening/swelling the calyx and will only be downhill from there for the not as sleepy smoke :) It is personal taste but as a first time grower take a single bud now dry it some where warm but not an oven of any kind and try it, you are safe to wait another week for sure so then take another next week, this is a good habit to get into to find your own personal taste ;)

Nice, i will wait a week more keeping eyes on the amber. I normally smoke and work so i might harvest as soon i see a bit of amber.

Will let you know all you guys how it goes  ;)

• Budgie, Dekay, Slippery and 2 others like this

#15 FirstGrow

FirstGrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:07 AM

387085c685e2ff9471d9584ee4e46c28.jpg

This is her. i might chop some parts tomorrow, still no amber tho. But i need some harvest to smoke in some weeks. Might wait another week to chop other parts but the plant has been on flush for some time now and the leaves look a bit pale so idk if the plant would handle an extra week without nutes.

• Budgie, Dekay, jimmi2scoops and 5 others like this

#16 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 07:07 AM

Plant looks lovely, hard to say from the photo but she does look very clos to ready
  • Budgie, duke, no1 and 2 others like this

#17 Nefarious Shenanigans

Nefarious Shenanigans

youthful exuberance

• Respected User
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:19 AM

I dunno how i missed you quoting me up the page, musta got lost in the shuffle, sorry for the late reply

do you have a lot of clear-topped trichs still?

body language says she's done to me, but you got the magnifier there with you brother... a couple still clear isn't gonna hurt anything much, but just a few, if you have a lot of glassy clear still she can probably go on a touch longer, but if you are worried about flowers becoming damaged by starvation you could start pulling the stuff that looks the most done closeup through the scope, a few buds a day, the lower stuff will keep going a bit and you can let that get a bit more amber if the plant will allow it

something like that maybe

• Budgie, Dekay, duke and 3 others like this

#18 FirstGrow

FirstGrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:45 PM

I dunno how i missed you quoting me up the page, musta got lost in the shuffle, sorry for the late reply

do you have a lot of clear-topped trichs still?

body language says she's done to me, but you got the magnifier there with you brother... a couple still clear isn't gonna hurt anything much, but just a few, if you have a lot of glassy clear still she can probably go on a touch longer, but if you are worried about flowers becoming damaged by starvation you could start pulling the stuff that looks the most done closeup through the scope, a few buds a day, the lower stuff will keep going a bit and you can let that get a bit more amber if the plant will allow it

something like that maybe

Yeah, so im just gonna check it again if is 70% milky and 30% clear and 0% amver im gonna take one kola and chop the others only when i see a bit of amber i mean at the end this strain is more indica so i guess amber makes a good match.

Sorry for so many questions just really excited for my first grow (no shit  :rolleyes:

• Dekay, duke, Nefarious Shenanigans and 1 other like this

#19 Nefarious Shenanigans

Nefarious Shenanigans

youthful exuberance

• Respected User
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:54 AM

questions is how we learn... only stupid question is one you are too afraid to ask dude

enjoy it

• Budgie, Dekay and Enzyme303 like this

#20 Enzyme303

Enzyme303

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:04 AM

@FirstGrow

In my own experience when i started out i was checking the trichs constantly,nowadays it think its a more gradual thing and happens over a two week or more period which also gives your flowers more time to bulk up,dont sweat the pale thats because of the flush and means your doing it right, you should start to see the lower fans turn yellow this is a visual sign that she is reaching maturity.

For a first grow you did a great job indeed:) dont change what yer doing drastically "aint broke dont try fix"  or the keep it simple principle will serve you well:) When i started out, i threw loads of random solutions into the mix and just ended up with more problems.

when they look ready,try cutting and hanging yer full plant upside down when harvested and leave until shes dry,round where i live its taken two or two and a half weeks.

all the best Enzyme

Edited by Enzyme303, 02 February 2018 - 09:05 AM.

• Budgie, Dekay, Solo Quin and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Harvest, Photo

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.