137 replies to this topic

#11 Homer

Homer

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 06:25 PM

Hi Homer, not sure we have crossed paths previously :)

I wish I still had my grow room in operation in the garage, apart from the fact I would have cooler temps in the house, there's nothing like a purpose built room to grow in :D

Tents suck :rolleyes:

Nice COB array you have there too, hopefully see you in action shortly!

Bests to you & good luck getting back up to speed :)

Thanks for stoppin by MDS this is my third room for growin and I think I have all the bells and wistles worked out. My first groom was 3 foot by 7 1/2 foot the second one was 6 foot by 6 foot and this one is 7 1/2 foot by 9 foot it's got room to store all my essentials for growing in one place. Bein 68 yrs old it'll take another month to finish up plus I want to modify my COB light I'll make it so I can swap out the 4000 K COB's for some 2700K when I switch to flower. 

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, duke and 7 others like this

#12 Doublej

Doublej

Upper Left US

• Respected User
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 06:40 PM

Alright i finally have access to my groom now my guest have moved out 

Here are some pictues of the current state of my groom

attachicon.gifIMG_3584 (1).JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3585 (1).JPG

as you can see I had to move my supplies into the groom while my guest were here 

The entry door

attachicon.gifIMG_3586 (1).JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3587 (1).JPG

The exhaust vent 

attachicon.gifIMG_3588 (1).JPG

The water supplies both hot and cold softened water and cold unsoftened water the drain is behind the catch pan

attachicon.gifIMG_3589 (1).JPG

down and to the left is the fresh air inlet

attachicon.gifIMG_3590 (1).JPG

hot and cold water in the grow!!! man thats handy... nice work so far buddy

• The Dude Abides, duke, W.S and 4 others like this

#13 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 06:48 PM

Thanks for stoppin by MDS this is my third room for growin and I think I have all the bells and wistles worked out. My first groom was 3 foot by 7 1/2 foot the second one was 6 foot by 6 foot and this one is 7 1/2 foot by 9 foot it's got room to store all my essentials for growing in one place. Bein 68 yrs old it'll take another month to finish up plus I want to modify my COB light I'll make it so I can swap out the 4000 K COB's for some 2700K when I switch to flower. 

Sweet, that almost precisely the same size as mine was in the garage, 8ft x 9ft :) I had mine divided up into an 8 x 3ft flower chamber, a 6 x 2ft vegging & 2 x 2ft for clones or starting from seed... I sure miss that room, didn't have a water feed like yours but it did have a handy drain & the air from all the chambers was blown up & out a handy chimney :D

It ran lovely & cool in the summer compared to this indoor malarky with tents :rolleyes:

Well take your time m8 & do it right! Good idea with the COB lights, you could probably do it with some 1/4" thick plate aluminium, have all the COBs pre-bolted to the plate & just swap the plates over...

Just about to go COB myself when I get all the bits together :)

Best of luck fella, do it once, do it right!

• The Dude Abides, duke, W.S and 3 others like this

#14 Homer

Homer

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 07:13 PM

hot and cold water in the grow!!! man thats handy... nice work so far buddy

Thanks JJ I'm putting all my skills to work I'm getting too old to do another groom so this has got to be good. lol 

Sweet, that almost precisely the same size as mine was in the garage, 8ft x 9ft :) I had mine divided up into an 8 x 3ft flower chamber, a 6 x 2ft vegging & 2 x 2ft for clones or starting from seed... I sure miss that room, didn't have a water feed like yours but it did have a handy drain & the air from all the chambers was blown up & out a handy chimney :D

It ran lovely & cool in the summer compared to this indoor malarky with tents :rolleyes:

Well take your time m8 & do it right! Good idea with the COB lights, you could probably do it with some 1/4" thick plate aluminium, have all the COBs pre-bolted to the plate & just swap the plates over...

Just about to go COB myself when I get all the bits together :)

Best of luck fella, do it once, do it right!
Thanks MDS you're thinkin like me I plan on havin the cobs bolted up to some angle aluminum, and some quick disconnects for the wiring, and a switch to keep it safe, should be able to swap it out in a matter of minutes 

• The Dude Abides, duke, W.S and 5 others like this

#15 Doublej

Doublej

Upper Left US

• Respected User
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 07:25 PM

Thanks JJ I'm putting all my skills to work I'm getting too old to do another groom so this has got to be good. lol 

I know about the getting old. Ive got one more to do myself. I was going to go get the old Pirates Cove back from my rental. but i would still be working off my knees...and I hate that shit

Keep up the good work brother, good to see around again 

#16 Bandit 4freekin20

Bandit 4freekin20

American Outlaw

• Respected User
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 07:59 PM

Just so you know Homer...I have water line envy brother :)

I've been wanting to divert a water line into my g-room for so long!!

I just finished carrying three buckets in to fill my rez too. Then I click on that pic and start drooling! So jelly on this side! Nice work man :nicethread:

• The Dude Abides, duke, W.S and 2 others like this

#17 Elevator dude

Elevator dude

Hail the Apocalypse

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:42 PM

Glad to see you back in action Homer!!  i would kill for a drain, i literally drag a garden hose across my basement to the sump. 

not sure if you have ordered the new cobs but you might want to mix in one or two of these if your heatsinks fit them. 

https://chilledgrowl...0w-pcb-preorder

i hate recommending shit but these look really nice :D 

great looking room, cant wait to how much your ladies appreciate the new digs. 

#18 Homer

Homer

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:03 PM

Just so you know Homer...I have water line envy brother :)

I've been wanting to divert a water line into my g-room for so long!!

I just finished carrying three buckets in to fill my rez too. Then I click on that pic and start drooling! So jelly on this side! Nice work man :nicethread:

Hi Lefty growing in coco makes it a must for us old farts and luck for me I was a plumber in a previous life lol. Too bad you live so far away I could help you out brother. 

Glad to see you back in action Homer!!  i would kill for a drain, i literally drag a garden hose across my basement to the sump. 

not sure if you have ordered the new cobs but you might want to mix in one or two of these if your heatsinks fit them. 

https://chilledgrowl...0w-pcb-preorder

i hate recommending shit but these look really nice :D

great looking room, cant wait to how much your ladies appreciate the new digs. 

Hey Dude glad to be back. I just finished moving two drain lines for the new downstairs bathroom if I was a little younger I would put in a new floor drain for now I'll have to use the one on the wall. As far as the lights I have been lookin at the new Chilled lights I really like that it has the 660nm leds added. due to budget restrictions I'll be swappin out the 4000K's for the 1700K for flowering I'll also finish rebuilding a second UVB light I have from my old Solar Strom 400's they really do make a difference in tric production. 

• The Dude Abides, W.S, Horse Badorties and 3 others like this

#19 Homer

Homer

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:08 PM

Here are the pictures after cleanin out the groom

Attached File  IMG_3591 copy.jpg   89.5KB   0 downloads 

Attached File  IMG_3592 copy.jpg   95.61KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3593 copy.jpg   105.95KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3594 copy.jpg   117.78KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3595 copy.jpg   113.71KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3596 copy.jpg   71.34KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3597 copy.jpg   114.37KB   0 downloads

• The Dude Abides, W.S, ZenArcher and 5 others like this

#20 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,819 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:23 PM

Nice, clean work @Homer :) You've got me thinking about cutting a register into one of my HVAC manifold boxes :lol: 

I had to get my plumbers these so they'd quit scaring the clients :D

• The Dude Abides, W.S, bigbadbillybob and 2 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.