38 replies to this topic

#11 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:39 PM

everyone seems to have their own little method don't they, but they all work most of the time :)

I'm a clean and sharp, warm and moist type of cloner myself :P

I cut a few branches, and put straight into tepid water. Then use a proper old fashioned razor blade to make a fresh cut at 45deg on the stem, along with a gentle scrape way of the very outside of the 'skin' 1/2" to that 45deg cut. Dip into some hormone rooting powder and straight into a little pot of moist muck or moist rooting pellet. Then into a prop that's been sprayed with water to keep the humidity up a bit, under a low watt light and put somewhere constantly warm. I also sometimes trim the edges of the leaves away.

Leave them for a week making sure they don't fully dry out or get too hot/wet and usually get a 90% strike rate, but I always take a few more than I need and pick out the most vigorous ones to grow on :weed:

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, jimmi2scoops and 10 others like this

#12 Red eye knight

Red eye knight

Herbalist

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:06 PM

What duke said..mine always take 11 days to see roots out the bottom of the pot
  • Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 8 others like this

#13 denots

denots

oil me up before you go go

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:55 PM

You can also do it the way Deeks does it, take cutting, dip into rooting hormone and put in a glass of water on a window sill, seems to work for Deeks al the time.

Forgot to say, you need to change the water regularly. Not sure if he PH's the water either.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, Solo Quin and 4 others like this

#14 denots

denots

oil me up before you go go

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:15 PM

Used to be really difficult trying to use the brakes with that thing rolling about down there...

:huh:

At least if the bottle got stuck on your Accelerator It would give you full on cruise control  :P  :D .

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 2 others like this

#15 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

In for a penny, in for a pound.

• Administrators
  • 17,045 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:29 AM

I'd love a camper van with cruise control so I can just head off on holiday, switch cruise control on and go have a kip in the back till we get there.

:)

My bro bought a VW transporter transit van type thing and went on ebay bought himself a full interior from a vw camper for £500 and he fitted his tranny out with it all and bingo he`s now got a vw camper on an O10 plate less the windows :rolleyes: for peanuts, it`s a beauty as well, his mrs and himself go all over place to festivals and such like now.

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 7 others like this

#16 Enzyme303

Enzyme303

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:43 AM

Ive heard of someone who cuts a clone, sticks cutting(not all of it the roots end) in mouth for saliva and bangs into soil , should this work? its claimed it does not sure

Edited by Enzyme303, 14 April 2018 - 08:44 AM.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, jimmi2scoops and 2 others like this

#17 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:23 AM

Ive heard of someone who cuts a clone, sticks cutting(not all of it the roots end) in mouth for saliva and bangs into soil , should this work? its claimed it does not sure

A good sweaty hand is supposed to work because there similar hormones in sweat so maybe it would
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, jimmi2scoops and 2 others like this

#18 Special Branch

Special Branch

head tha ball

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 11:18 PM

I heard from my gimp-mask wearing neighbour that when he runs out of rooting hormone he sticks on a dirty dvd a dunks the stem into his japs eye
  • Budgie, Dekay, jimmi2scoops and 3 others like this

#19 Enzyme303

Enzyme303

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:01 PM

@Special Branch hope he got an oil level reading too :)

• jimmi2scoops, Special Branch, Dex and 2 others like this

#20 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

In for a penny, in for a pound.

• Administrators
  • 17,045 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:29 AM

I use the root riot cubes mostly Marcus, they don`t even need a soaking, straight outa bag and stick clone, oner or two spray from mister around where clone goes into cube and jobs done, cube may need 2 or 3 sprays in 2 to 3 weeks depending how long they take to root, too soggy cubes they take forever and may not even root.

Also maybe try cloning 1 or 2 without anything, just stick clone in rooting cube, ive had good success without any rooting gel or powder before in fact they root through pretty quick as well.

Another way that i found has high success is to to just stick clones in a few cm of water in a bottle or cup, i like the small green or brown bottles that hold ejuice and change your water every day but at least every two, you`ll have roots in a few weeks.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, denots and 5 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: with farty bits, clones, farts

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.