103 replies to this topic

#101 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:11 AM

since you have got time on your hands, why not just do it properly. 

Come with me, down this rabbitt hole, come on....

I would use 2 84 litre really usefull boxes (in black, ) 40mm returns, and 22mm spray bars.

If you copied the system i used to have in my old 1.2 tent , it will produce the goods. I guarantee you wont go back to the dirty old coco/ mud.

I broke the golden rule, and used  the 2 pot system in the guide without a chiller, but it was insulated with kingspan all around and on the top to keep temps in  check.

Have a look at it, its fairly self explanatory, the only thing  I would change if I did it again today, is to use 2 returns to the res , instead of Teeing them into a single return going into the res.

Let me see if I can find a pic

This will do it, and as a further benefit these boxes are lower than the Swedish totes.
4000l/hr water pump would work great with this system Hailea HX8840.

and solvent weld pipes, unless you like paddling.

You can also get a spare lid or 2 and do double net pots if you want to do less veg time. Saying that ive never vegged longer than 4 weeks in this system.

If you need any help just pm me Mucka

• 2scoops, duke, fairy and 2 others like this

#102 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 01:28 PM

If you build it and use it, you wont want to strip it down after the grow mate.  :D

And if you do, just saw thru a couple of the returns or feed pipes and use straight couplers when you re-set it up again.

Not sure how you could have adjustable return heights if the returns are at the top of the box?

You also don't need spray bars really, have a look at G Units tree machine , its as simple as it gets, honestly.

Im not sure if you remember any of G Units grow, but he used to get great fat 2 litre coke bottle sized colas regularly, worth a search, don't think the circle was on the go when he was active, altho he did start a diary on here, but abandoned it early doors.

https://www.bing.com...11&&FORM=VRDGAR

he grew a 963 gram plant, it was a sight to behold.

Well, that's what I would do, but its up to you mate, and I wish you well with whatever you decide to do

• 2scoops, duke, fairy and 1 other like this

#103 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:31 PM

if you want to keep temps lower, a larger surface area res will help.

I would use airstones in the buckets, more the merrier.

crack on

• 2scoops, duke, fairy and 1 other like this

#104 Huktonfonics

Huktonfonics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 12:19 PM

Mate been looking through the pics in the library, on to a winner you are lad, mash up da ting ! :pimped:

• bigbadbillybob and Horse Badorties like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diy, wood, farty bits, fuck the police

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.