103 replies to this topic

#11 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:48 AM

ive grown before with vertical lamps , when I ran out of head room in my tent, and i got one of my best resuls ever from it, so i might well incorporate a couple of verts

the buds were fat from the bottom of the plant to the top. 

they also reduced temps in my tent, so its a winner from that point too.

im back to it this afternoon at some point, should have a couple of panels up today

• The Dude Abides, smokin soul, denots and 7 others like this

#12 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:02 PM

well I got going eventually, and have 3 panels up and some insulation added. i fukn hate insulation, and am struggling to get it in.

the insulation is 150mm deep and the panel is only 75mm deep, 

Kinda reminds me of when my ex missus used to try and squeeze her fat arse into jeans that were too small for her for some reason. - but not as funny...……

I might have to strip some of the layers off i reckon.to get it to fit under the plasterboard

Pics later

• The Dude Abides, smokin soul, denots and 7 others like this

#13 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:08 PM

• The Dude Abides, denots, W.S and 5 others like this

#14 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:44 PM

Yeah Olmec, thats it. 

Ive got a few pics for you, here is the 3 frames up and fixed in place

It looks massive, and im genuinely shocked at the size of it so far, but as I always used to say- if its worth doing, its worth over-doing ha ha
Then I put up the insulation and some plasterboard, the insulation is 170mm thick and there was no way it was going between 75mm thich timbers, so I had to half it lengthways.
I put this stuff on the wall nearest the garage door and the ex coppers garden  wall side. I am also gonna add a 2x1 and plasterboard the wall on top of the OSB framework, nearest the garage door, for added sound proofedness if there is such a word...…...
Here is the bumph on the insulation
I will be back when ive got all the framework up and most of it plasterboarded, so see ya next month ha ha
EDIT TO ADD,  IVE SHEETED ALL THE FRAMES IVE PUT UP TODAY, AM CALLING IT A DAY.
fkn capslock.

will hopefully get the other frames made and fitted in the next coupleof days, knees dependant, they aint liking this work stuff...….maybe that's why im signed off from work duh!

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, smokin soul and 10 others like this

#15 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:37 PM

Hello my fellow public farters, im back again with more excitement.

I know i know, its not even been a week, at this  rate the slackers club will revoke my life membership, .

so yesterday i had a day off, then back to it today in between fixing my car and getting it motd. Still managed to hammer together another couple of frames, and fitted a couple of them into place. I kinda fuct up a bit because when i made up the end frame it was before I didn't take into account the width of the  plasterboard on  the ceiling. well I can tell you, it might only be 12mm but I had to get the persuader out to hammer these bitches into submission.

so ive got the door frame to put up, but will be jigsawing a couple of holes for the ducting which will go above the door. I don't really want to put holes in the ceiling if I can help it, and still have to decide what size duct I will be using I might go 1 x 8 inch hole and 1  x 12 inch hole, or 2 x 8 inch holes I dunno. 

wish I had me variac controller built to see what effect the 8 inch duct would have on the nooise from the 12 inch fan, but I don't have it built so will have to take a best guess or just go 2 x 8and if it needs opening up, I can butcher it later ha ha

Enough guff, heres the pics

New frame in place
door frame section, still got to make the door
 and last the plasterboarded half of the room and plasterboard stash for the rest of the work .

Ooh its like Christmas, im dead excited, cant wait to christen it with some primo pottering about

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, smokin soul and 9 others like this

#16 Doublej

Doublej

Upper Left US

• Respected User
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:42 PM

hey Billy

just a thought brother on the light set up, I was running a light mover with one light to cover a 7x7 room (it was a 1K light).

you could run 2 600s on one mover ad over cover that space ez...depending on how heavy the fixtures are..

anyway nice work on it!! I too like a good DIY, I see you have some new pics coming I'll take a seat.......

:popcorn:  

Edited by Doublej, 13 June 2018 - 04:47 PM.

#17 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,819 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:54 PM

Looking good bbbb, nice bit of farting around :) Haha, the persuader... we call 'em BFHs over here... big fucking hammers :lol: Puts stuff together, and knocks stuff apart, a perfect tool, and no instruction required :D 

• The Dude Abides, denots, W.S and 6 others like this

#18 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:56 PM

Thanks man,

As i say if at first you dont succeed, get a bigger hammer lol. 

im planning on running either 4 or 6,x 600w HPS s in here, was thinking maybe 4 over the top in adjustawings and 2 verts maybe, havnt decided. 

Probably start with 4 over the top  and see how it goes with temps etc.

im also shortly gonna pull the pin on 2 wall mounted oscillating fans. What a great idea these are, they are 3 speed, and you can run em off a remote controller, 22 quid a pop aint to harsh either, for a skinflint like me.

Will be 8 plants maximum tho, I have an idea for me scrog frames. Im thinking about a 2x1 timber framework for the screens, which will hinge off a 2x1 batten , frame fixed to the wall, so I can just flip the screen  down when its needed, and flip it up when in early veg, or I decide to grow a tree or two 

• The Dude Abides, denots, W.S and 6 others like this

#19 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:57 PM

Billy, are you planning to use RVK fans for inlet & extraction because you already have them? :unsure:

Only asking because if you don't have them I would buy something else if I was you... RVKs & Rucks are damn noisy things because they spin the air column & as it's rotating it has to pass the motor mountings, thus they sound a little like a siren rather than just pure air movement....

I'm sure you have seen those MDF box fans... Because of there design all you get is just pure air movement & because the blades in the fan are forward facing they generate more air pressure than the reversed blades of an RVK or Ruck...

If you got yourself a 3000M^3 box fan it'd be miles quieter than the RVKs & move more air, so you could slow the thing down, making it even quieter....

Just a thought... You want it stealth after all...

#20 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,819 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:01 PM

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diy, wood, farty bits, fuck the police

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.