Photo
- - - - -

Ok, I'm going mad, as if you didn't know...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:16 PM

Shoot me down, it's cool as fuck :kill:

But allow me to try to explain... I can see a lot of obstacles but some weird shit comes out of my head at times.....

I posted up a post (damn :D) recently linking to lots of music... This one

The thing is I have a hell of a lot of music & a lot of it isn't available on the internet anymore, even though it was.....

Now I don't know anyone that doesn't like music.... Do you? :D

Perhaps I'm being seriously naive here, but a lot of us are already doing something that is illegal :ph34r: So I'm just going to say it....

I'm not at all sure how much the server we are on can hold, or how much space has been "bought", but maybe a little file sharing for music thread might give some people opportunities to listen to some new stuff....

Files deleted after a week say... I don't know...

I'm just sitting here listening to 20Life, I think it was a guy & girl thing between Vadim Drandar & Tanya Veiner, the album is New Horizon & it's fucking incredible! I went back to this guys page on DJPromo.com recently & most if not all has gone...

Seems I downloaded all this stuff for free at just the right time... It's all 320KBPS or even WAV which I converted to FLAC....

Anyway, I won't be upset if you shoot me :lol: I'm just trying to give something so it's not like I'll be losing.... But I'd happily upload say an album a day with all the MP3TAG stuff done....

It's just a crazy idea that came into my crazy head :D And you know I'm crazy......  :P  :pimped:

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, mellowed and 5 others like this

#2 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:36 PM

Yeah I'm mad :D Sorry guys n gals, I was thinking out loud..... You really don't want to be in here :lol: :ph34r: I'm in orbit around Proxima Centauri......

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, jimmi2scoops and 3 others like this

#3 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:27 AM

not a bad place to be , you could up it to some where...... soundcloud or similar  maybe ? with a link only share  perhaps??? idk im just thinking here lol... im all for sth new to listen too

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, W.S and 1 other like this

#4 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

In for a penny, in for a pound.

• Administrators
  • 17,965 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 02:11 PM

Yeah I'm mad :D Sorry guys n gals, I was thinking out loud..... You really don't want to be in here :lol: :ph34r: I'm in orbit around Proxima Centauri......

Have you thought of doing a bit of DJ`ing on our station a few or more times weekly, so all the guys can listen in at will ? I`m not sure about  the file sharing stuff though it`s mega illegal :D, To be honest i`m pretty clueless about ins and outs on it all, but yes your mad :D

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, W.S and 1 other like this

#5 Nefarious Shenanigans

Nefarious Shenanigans

youthful exuberance

• Respected User
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 02:38 PM

you could do it by posting only the links over here that would direct to a free filehosting service, no data would actually be held here so then legality is not an issue for the site... there are many such hosters on the internet, no sign up, no hassle, takes two seconds

thought I'd mention that as an option... I did it with a bunch of books shortly after joining the site; the uploads won't live that long though, depending on how many hits, if they get a lot, probably somebody notices it's copyright material and it gets taken down. Change filenames from exact titles when you up them to make them last longer IME

good luck

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, W.S and 2 others like this

#6 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 02:54 PM

Whilst I'm all for file sharing, I'd say no to actually hosting content.

How about Bit Torrent?

It's really dead easy, and I'd be more than happy to help :)

Alternatively, if someone were willing to pay about £6 per month then they could rent a server with 2 TB of space and host as much as they liked.
The cheap machines do have rubbish CPUs and very little RAM though, so they're not much good for anything other than backups and storage.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, W.S and 4 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.