#21 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Tech Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,161 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 04:37 PM

Bottom line is...

We thought it was a good idea to have an encrypted address. or HTTPS for obvious reasons. I kind of raised it as a good idea.

No one ever saw anything before we had HTTPS. Because there was no https certificate to verify.

But because TOR and others does not recognise the certificate, thats when you get the message.

And i get it via tor every time i log in.

Options:

1) We go back to HTTP and no one sees any error messages over unencrypted address.

2) We stay as is. With an encrypted site. You cant go enrypted without a certificate. So we do have one.

3) We get an official popular certificate that requires someones addy and sign up etc which presents risks in itself. Any willing participants pm me.

It is fair to say that no one really understood the error message until it was implemented and this is first time its been brought up really. But i too find it irritating, but accept it as part of keeping under the radar and having an encrypted address. Personally im either in the 1) or 2) camp.

Its well worth an open discussion here to see what people think.

:)

E2A - and we obviously take security very seriously and i think we are way above other sites and have the talent to implement it. If TOR and other commercial browsers cannot ratify the certificate. Its testament to its stealth that we can still have an encrypted address. The message saying "this site is not secure" is utter bollox. It kindo of means we are one step ahead of them.

• The Dude Abides, duke, W.S and 4 others like this

#22 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 04:46 PM

Ah, I was kind of wondering why we didn't have one of the more common certificates :D Yes, I see the problem now...

Well look, it's only a few of us that can't connect properly to the site, so really for the greater good it ought to stay encrypted with the HTTPS & SSL...

Now I understand the reason, I fully understand :lol: Yes, that's slightly problematic is that...

I'll just keep adding an exception when I log in, I'm not overly fussed, but it would be nice to know I'm 100% secure as I was using TOR previously ;) Not sure how the hell that worked after you just explained things...

• Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides, duke and 3 others like this

#23 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Tech Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,161 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:44 PM

TOR re routes your internet so to the world, it looks like you are in japan etc. Also hides from your provider i think, but they can see that you have been to tor, not what you visit.

HTTPS means that the content is encrypted. So when you post, its proper hard for tards to intercept what you are typing, nor to get into the site at all. Its how internet banking works.

TOR and adding the exception is what i do and that imho is the safest way to browse here. And its probably safer than other grow sites or at very least on par.

Try https://www.thctalk.com

And you should get the same message. I do on both safari and tor. But their default site is not encrypted and is http only.

#24 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 06:05 PM

Yep, same crap with THCTalk...

Apparently I'm going through a Swiss relay, back to the UK, then to France & it's the French relay looking at this site....

I guess when I used TOR back in 2016 that this site didn't use SSL encryption, which is why I had no problems with it back then...

Of course it's safer than just about anything, no-ones going to snaffle my IP address :D

• Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides, duke and 3 others like this

#25 Nefarious Shenanigans

Nefarious Shenanigans

youthful exuberance

• Respected User
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:48 AM

I reckon personally it should all be left alone pretty much... a small amount of inconvenience is a fine price to pay for a hefty amount of security

However I am not really much of a computer genius, but I figure safety has to be the number one priority, thinking of it all in common sense terms, I accept the annoyance over the risk basically

stay safe Circle

• Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides, jimmi2scoops and 4 others like this

#26 Enzyme303

Enzyme303

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:56 AM

thanks folks for this, i was wondering what was happening with TOR, good to know the bright minds on here are keeping the place as secure as possible :)

A slight inconvenience is a small price for the greater good :)

• Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides, jimmi2scoops and 5 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.