14 replies to this topic

#1 Bandit 4freekin20

Bandit 4freekin20

American Outlaw

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 03:23 PM

Offer is open to growers in most countries.

Programs typically offer a 50% discount in exchange for demo. No MSRP has been posted yet.

You'll need to apply ( click the link) and you'll get an email a few days later with further info and pricing

The COB SX is not a commercial grade light like the Solar System series. The COB SX is designed for tents, closets, and small rooms.

No info yet regarding controller but it does have IN/OUT RJ11 jacks so it appears to have a controllable spectra

http://californialig...om/solarxtreme/

gallery_757_731_86162.jpg

• Dekay, 2scoops, smokin soul and 4 others like this

#2 Nefarious Shenanigans

Nefarious Shenanigans

youthful exuberance

• Respected User
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:25 PM

you have a link to any datasheet or tech specs on it yet please @lefty

couldn't find anything about it except the page you linked

cheers mate

• Dekay, fairy, Bandit 4freekin20 and 1 other like this

#3 Bandit 4freekin20

Bandit 4freekin20

American Outlaw

• Respected User
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:58 PM

you have a link to any datasheet or tech specs on it yet please @lefty

couldn't find anything about it except the page you linked

cheers mate

I have nothing to add but you can call or email them for info. This is the body of the email I received this morning

Greetings from California Lightworks!

We're about to introduce a new series of LED grow lights called SolarXtreme. We are interested in testing these new lights before we do our official launch.

This test program offers a deep discount and 90 day return after testing the light with a full refund, or you can keep the light at the discount price. This new series is designed for grow tents and smaller grow operations. If this is of interest to you, please visit:

http://californialightworks.com/solarxtreme/

Call or email Adam with any questions you may have regarding this special limited time test offer.
  800-575-3475 x600
adam@californialightworks.com

Housing is the same as the SS series just a different paint job. Those RJ11 jacks in the side could be blank or maybe, possibly, UV lamp hook ups. IDK.

If you dont get the info from them I'm  sure it will all come out in the next few months if it's like all the other lights they debut.

BTW there's also a greenhouse light they're making but there's no info on it either. It's a thin rail design with passive cooling. I did have a photo in an email but I must've deleted it

• Dekay, fairy, Nefarious Shenanigans and 1 other like this

#4 Stutter

Stutter

captain underpants

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:23 PM

i was about to start building my own LED but i have signed up for this. see if i get a reply. if the price is right i will give them a shot. 

• Dekay, fairy, Bandit 4freekin20 and 2 others like this

#5 Nefarious Shenanigans

Nefarious Shenanigans

youthful exuberance

• Respected User
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:41 AM

thanks lefty

much appreciated

#6 Bandit 4freekin20

Bandit 4freekin20

American Outlaw

• Respected User
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:57 PM

i was about to start building my own LED but i have signed up for this. see if i get a reply. if the price is right i will give them a shot. 

Best of luck Stutter!

thanks lefty

much appreciated

Not a problem man! Sorry I cant be of more help but I'm kinda going thru new light exhaustion with all the new stuff out now.

But I am very curious if they've designed their own COB tech or piggy backing off what's already out. Most of all though I'm curious if it's controller compatible. Even if it's just dimmable it would be interesting especially if the controller could be used with other brands of COB.

We'll see!

If you guys dont hear anything Ill post what I get in emails.

Also with Hydrofarm being the distributor for CLW they have the infrastructure to market new CLW lights faster than CLW can in house so keep an eye out on places like Growers House as they can often get the scoop on info posted to their site before CLW posts it on their site

• Dekay, fairy, Nefarious Shenanigans and 1 other like this

#7 Bandit 4freekin20

Bandit 4freekin20

American Outlaw

• Respected User
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 01:52 PM

Hi @lefty , I got an email back this morning from them.

About the New SolarXtreme Series LED Grow Lights

The SolarXtreme series was developed specifically for the home / hobby grower who needs a grow light that is simple to operate, energy and heat efficient, gives the results they want, and priced to fit a small budget. This new series uses a rugged and commercial grade housing, fans, and heat sink with new custom-made COB (chip on board) LEDs. The SolarXtreme series have a built-in full spectrum which is suitable for all phases of growth from start to finish with no need for a controller. SolarXtreme LED grow lights are all made right here in our Southern California factory.

Some details from the PDF they attached too.

Depending on shipping costs and if they run at 240V, I'm up for a couple of the small units. If they send them separate, I should Dodge paying import duties on them. 

Thanks for the heads up brother.

:)

Thanks for the info Marcus and best of luck on the score!

My CLW's run on both 120v and 240v with no special cord or switch on the light so hopefully it's the same with the SX

• Dekay and fairy like this

#8 Stutter

Stutter

captain underpants

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:50 PM

no reply for me. guess they dont want to mess with aussies

#9 Stutter

Stutter

captain underpants

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:39 AM

Hi @lefty , they aren't doing a 240v version on this pre production run, just 120V. 

Hi @Stutter , I only filled the form in the other day and they apologised for the wait in reply. I'd fill out the thing again and re-send just in case it's been overlooked. 

Good luck buddy.

:)

we are 240v over here so im guessing we wont get a shot at it anyway 

• Dekay, Bandit 4freekin20 and Horse Badorties like this

#10 Stutter

Stutter

captain underpants

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:06 AM

LED strip lighting it is then hahah

• Dekay, fairy, Bandit 4freekin20 and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: California LightWorks, COB, LED, Light testing program

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.