23 replies to this topic

#21 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:55 PM

I have checked out the pumps and think it will be ok., the outlet of the pump is 19mm and the pot fittings are 25mm (4 of them)

so I think it will be ok.

the hard wiring you talk of, do you mean that I should wire the pumps directly to the relay yes?, and skip the need for any trailing leads?

• Horse Badorties likes this

#22 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:52 PM

Yeah, except that I figure there'll probably be terminal strips involved somewhere with all those float switches and other gubbins to connect up :)

2000l/hr (33 litres/minute) is about 5 times the speed of a garden tap (typically 7 or 8 litres/minute - or mine is, anyway) :o

ETA: I'm not saying that's too much, and a quick fill cycle is probably a good thing, but it's definitely fast!

#23 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:14 PM

from experience, they never draw what they claim to, its usually at least 1/3rd less. the claim of 2000l/hr is if the pump is located with the outlet at the surface, i.e, no frictional losses thru hoses etc. So I tend to go a bit bigger.

#24 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:06 PM

right well, just a quick update. 

I have put this on the back burner

i was looking to use half my groom as a flood and drain set up, but have now decided to stick with what i know.

reason for this is to keep plant numbers down to be honest.  I can get as much from half the amount of pots with rdwc

i have saved Missys diagram and might well use it in the future at some point.

i hope this has been useful for anyone considering F&D, and if you doa diy set up, remember and add some pics here.

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.