8 replies to this topic

#1 WTL

WTL

Member 13

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:26 PM

Hello all, been a while since I was last here not sure who if anyone will remember me. Hopefully some will.

Anyway, it's been 5ish years since I last tried a grow but about to dive back in.

A little question for you good people. Does soil and nutes have a best before? Ive got a bag of bio bizz and all the bio bizz nutes but they have been opened and left in the attic for 5 years will they still be good to use or will I need to replace them?

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 11,415 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:29 PM

Hello all, been a while since I was last here not sure who if anyone will remember me. Hopefully some will.

Anyway, it's been 5ish years since I last tried a grow but about to dive back in.

A little question for you good people. Does soil and nutes have a best before? Ive got a bag of bio bizz and all the bio bizz nutes but they have been opened and left in the attic for 5 years will they still be good to use or will I need to replace them?

hi wtl i would not use the nutes that old,maybe the mud be ok but i would replace the nutes for sure,welcome back btw and i hope you doing a diary here?peace

#3 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,679 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 02:04 PM

I wouldn't use soil that was more than about a year old, but I've used nutrients that were more than ten years old without any problems.

That's not to say that they hadn't changed or degraded in some way, but they definitely worked and I didn't notice any serious issues.

#4 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 05:14 PM

Good question and welcome back :greet: I remember you from past life :smoked: been a while buddy hope your well :)
  • WTL, W.S and no1 like this

#5 W.S

W.S

Taking over from Monte!

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 05:46 PM

Welcome back WTL, been a looooong time :) 

Hope all is well? 

I'd use the nutes but replace the soil if it were me, good luck on your new adventure! 

• WTL, duke, Dex and 1 other like this

#6 WTL

WTL

Member 13

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:56 PM

Thanks for your views on the nutes and soil.
Going to be growing a single Auto Blackberry Kush in a 60x60x120 tent with a 250w hps bio bizz soil and nutes. Will try to pop in from time to time let you good people know how I get on.
  • duke, W.S, Dex and 1 other like this

#7 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 11,415 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:52 PM

Thanks for your views on the nutes and soil.
Going to be growing a single Auto Blackberry Kush in a 60x60x120 tent with a 250w hps bio bizz soil and nutes. Will try to pop in from time to time let you good people know how I get on.

hi wtl i done the blackberry kush and was good a short and fat one like a single cola all in one big ball it makes good meds as well,i look forward to watching,peace

• WTL, W.S and no1 like this

#8 WTL

WTL

Member 13

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:40 AM

Did you do a diary for it? 😀
  • W.S and no1 like this

#9 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

• Administrators
  • 16,803 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:50 AM

Ive used chemical based ferts that`s been opened and quite a few years old before no worries and i`d use these type of ferts that are well aged any time, no problemo, but bio-bizz which is said to be organic based, well i just think these type of ferts would have a shelf life compared to chemicals and  they may well have turned and gone off by now and probably a stinking mess. :)

• W.S and no1 like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.