Photo
- - - - -

How many hours of light before re-veg

Best Answer 2scoops , 03 January 2019 - 08:07 PM

I suppose alot depends on how touchy strain is but i`d certainly get on with it if your gonna do it, At end of shift you`ll know when it`s time to chop either way ready or not. :)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 igiggle

igiggle

livingroom surfer

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:49 PM

I would like to run a photo fem early spring in my poly. My question, How long can the days get before the thing goes back to veg? I looked at a sunset/sunrise chart and looks like I can get my 7-8 week bloom in by the end of march with a day length of 13-13.5 hours.

Any thoughts?

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 4 others like this

#2 2scoops

2scoops

In for a penny, in for a pound.

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,521 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:07 PM   Best Answer

I suppose alot depends on how touchy strain is but i`d certainly get on with it if your gonna do it, At end of shift you`ll know when it`s time to chop either way ready or not. :)

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 3 others like this

#3 igiggle

igiggle

livingroom surfer

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:24 PM

Thanks @jimmi2scoops. The strain is as yet unknown. I'll have to see what gets delivered. I do have a few autos in hand that would certainly do with no re-veg issues but even outdoors I don't get much yield from them. 

After thought

Just did a quick measure and I may be able to tarp the poly tunnel at the end of the day and maintain a 12/12 for however long is needed. 

Edited by igrow, 03 January 2019 - 08:51 PM.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 3 others like this

#4 Ken Erbis

Ken Erbis

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:51 PM

The plant will automatically begin to sense longer days so it really depend how long you run it for after the days start to increase. I would say about 2 weeks before it starts to revert to veg then another week before it starts with weird growth. You could always trick it into flower early by decreasing the light hours manually.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#5 igiggle

igiggle

livingroom surfer

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:55 PM

Thanks @Ken Erbis I see your point regarding confusing the plant. Will investigate the possibility of covering the poly and maintain a 12/12.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 3 others like this

#6 Enzyme303

Enzyme303

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 09:04 AM

@igrow your easiest option may be to run an auto instead,they will In my own experience just start to pistil after 3 to 4 weeks regardless, that way you don't gotta mess with tarps and wonder why is this taking way longer than i expected.

atb

• The Dude Abides, igiggle, Horse Badorties and 1 other like this

#7 Solo Quin

Solo Quin

Organically High

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 09:31 AM

It depends on the climate mostly some strains yield better even late in the season, then you have root space feed and sunlight to consider.

I wouldn't expect anything from either at that time of the year down my neck of the woods.

• The Dude Abides, igiggle, Horse Badorties and 1 other like this

#8 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Moderators
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 01:32 PM

Not sure where you are growing igrow but the weather/soil will be way too cold before March in the UK.

Very difficult or expensive to heat a polytunnel as well.

The days are getting longer as from Dec 22nd 2018 as well, a photo plant will not flower with increasing day length.

Covering the poly would be really difficult as well to exclude all light, virtually impossible I'd say. Plus any neighbours may wonder what's going on.

Sorry to put a downer on your plans but you could do some autos in there starting about the end of March I reckon.

All good things

TDA

• duke, igiggle, Horse Badorties and 2 others like this

#9 Enzyme303

Enzyme303

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:03 PM

you could too think up a method of heating the pot @igrow,propagator tray or a heat matt wrapped around it may work too,you will need an extension lead :)

• The Dude Abides, duke, igiggle and 1 other like this

#10 igiggle

igiggle

livingroom surfer

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:39 PM

Sorry I'm just now getting to the last suggestions/recommendations. I have a couple of autos, light of ja and ganja dwarf from AMS, I'll start indoors around the first of April and move to the poly mid April;. This will keep my plant count at 6 for the season. I've tried autos a couple of times and had mixed results. It's been good smoke just not much of it for the effort. 

Thanks for the input, helped me and saved a lot of aggravation.

• The Dude Abides, duke and Horse Badorties like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.