• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,918 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:54 PM

It may well help with airborne dirt such as dust and grime :)

If your water is hard (or perhaps if it's anything other than very soft) then maybe doing the final rinse with deionised or distilled (expensive!) water might be a good idea, to prevent calcium and other minerals or carbonates being left behind and blocking the pores of the carbon?

good thinking that missy and i just happen to have a big bottle of distilled water siting in the cupboard,so far the first one which is the used and rewashed carbon has been in place a few days now and the room is smell free even my resident sniffer is happy so i am also happy enough as long as it continues to work as well the tangerine dream is the best test as is the strongest smeller i grow!,i shall have to look into a cheaper source of new filter carbon as the stuff from greens has gone right up in price since i last bought it and its surprising how much is needed even to refill the 4 inch cfs,i think i bought 10kg last time but sure it was not near the cost now!peace

• The Dude Abides, W.S and no1 like this

#12 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:57 PM

ive read a few times a good wash  or remove and repack will extend the life  becuase they get blocked with dust ,  

the one i took apart to try it didnt really have that much dust in it ,  so after repacking it (needed a vibration plate really,)  im sure they must be filled that way ? it did extend its life for a few mths

is it not cheper the buy the carbon from abroad duke?

• The Dude Abides, no1 and Enzyme303 like this

#13 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,918 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:24 PM

ive read a few times a good wash  or remove and repack will extend the life  becuase they get blocked with dust ,  

the one i took apart to try it didnt really have that much dust in it ,  so after repacking it (needed a vibration plate really,)  im sure they must be filled that way ? it did extend its life for a few mths

is it not cheper the buy the carbon from abroad duke?

hi forest i use the top of the washing machine and fill carbon as much as you can then stand it on the machine on spin cycle that and gentle tapping with a rubber mallet settles it in nice without big gaps,i was wary over trusting buying the carbon from an unknown source whereas greens though expensive have proven trustworthy ime with them and still loads cheaper than new rhino cf,the ones i have took apart have been heaving with fine dust and shite but then my prefilter needs fortnightly cleaning or its dark brown air here esp recently has been full of cement and ground stone dust from the building going on around this makes the dust worse than ever,take care,peace

• The Dude Abides, bigbadbillybob, no1 and 1 other like this

#14 no1

no1

pronounced no one

• Respected User
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:35 PM

IDK if fish tank filters charcoal would be cheaper @duke

• The Dude Abides, duke, bigbadbillybob and 1 other like this

#15 Enzyme303

Enzyme303

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:33 PM

Good thread folks

ive thought about asking this before on here,i was just gonna fill up a spent filter with new carbon, id did hear people i know mention heat to re-activate but at those temps i dont think they knew about that part :)

Watch the smells with the new light @duke i could have just gotten very stinky plants last run or it could be the new light but fucking hell  i was ready to build a tin foil hat with about ten layers to stop the para getting in lol

atb

• The Dude Abides and duke like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: carbon, cleaning filter carbon, with farty bits

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.