Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Piloting The Mothership

Mother Plants Cloning EzClone aerocloner Zkittles airpots 315 CMH multipurpose tent Gs & Hustlas OU Sux

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Marcus

Marcus

Parrot hat.

• Moderators
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 06:14 PM

Hi Bandit.

:blink:

So those big blue gloves you wear, is that cause cannabis is a dangerous plant?

I reckon it must be, the pigs kick doors in round here and save folk from this dangerous plant. 

Looking good anyway dude. 

:thumbsup:

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, jimmi2scoops and 3 others like this

#12 JoanieLovesChachi

JoanieLovesChachi

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 06:29 PM

Hi Bandit.

:blink:

So those big blue gloves you wear, is that cause cannabis is a dangerous plant?

I reckon it must be, the pigs kick doors in round here and save folk from this dangerous plant. 

Looking good anyway dude. 

:thumbsup:

They dont call it Chinese Fightin' Grass for nothing :D

Yeah ya never know who's lurking...rats & pigs...they aint gonna get my meat finger prints that ez ;)

Plus the finger tattoo I have that reads "Banger" as in finger banger could give away my id

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, jimmi2scoops and 4 others like this

#13 Doublej

Doublej

Upper Left US

• Respected User
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:10 AM

Botanicare, should come through for ya. At least they use to, and those free samples should last you entire growth...

Best of luck brother
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, jimmi2scoops and 3 others like this

#14 JoanieLovesChachi

JoanieLovesChachi

• Respected User
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:28 PM

Botanicare, should come through for ya. At least they use to, and those free samples should last you entire growth...

Best of luck brother

Does'nt look like they do it anymore. I think monsanto or some other big corp bought them out and their freeebie programs and sample gear is no longer happening. All about that dollar now with legalization.

Same products though...was really hoping to get a bottle of NCS17

Veg + Bloom is'nt doing free samples either anymore. Maybe it's an omen. If I cant use fish shit it might not be worth doing :lol:

I think there's some half full bottles H&G shit for coco in my shed but it's like 9 years old. Might dump some of that in there and see how it goes ;)

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 2 others like this

#15 Doublej

Doublej

Upper Left US

• Respected User
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:50 PM

Does'nt look like they do it anymore. I think monsanto or some other big corp bought them out and their freeebie programs and sample gear is no longer happening. All about that dollar now with legalization.
Same products though...was really hoping to get a bottle of NCS17

Veg + Bloom is'nt doing free samples either anymore. Maybe it's an omen. If I cant use fish shit it might not be worth doing :lol:
I think there's some half full bottles H&G shit for coco in my shed but it's like 9 years old. Might dump some of that in there and see how it goes ;)

Fuckers..... I don't have any CNS17 any more.
I do have Pure Blend grow/flower. If you want that just let me know. It's used from last summer.
I would look into that Neptune's harvest new stuff, not sure if they have free samples tho.
Anyway just let me know, I can fix you up, with the PB ..
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, jimmi2scoops and 2 others like this

#16 JoanieLovesChachi

JoanieLovesChachi

• Respected User
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:40 PM

Fuckers..... I don't have any CNS17 any more.
I do have Pure Blend grow/flower. If you want that just let me know. It's used from last summer.
I would look into that Neptune's harvest new stuff, not sure if they have free samples tho.
Anyway just let me know, I can fix you up, with the PB ..

Many thanks for your kind offer DJ! I mulled it over and decided not to do a DWC cloner grow so I wont be needing those nutes. I really appreciate the offer though!

Timing just aint in alignment right now.

The main crop is gonna be ready soon and the tent needs to be converted to the drying configuration and that has priority. I cant have a DWC project in there while trying to dry about 2lbs in the same tent :)

Yesterday I converted it into nursery tent mode with a DIY t5ho job to get these clones up and running. CMH and LED was just too much for them so I changed to the more gentle t5.

When they're ready to move which will be the same time my main crop is ready for chop, I'll switch the tent for drying then after drying it will go back to this nursery configuration to propagate my Spring/Summer veggie crop

gallery_757_795_1242374.jpg

• The Dude Abides, jimmi2scoops, duke and 3 others like this

#17 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 03:23 PM

It's been a few years since I've held onto a mama plant. Personal record was 14 months in captivity before releasing her to the wild.

But since Colorado and California went legal so many strains have come available it's a canna buffet of genetics.

Starting in 2014 I pretty much quit keeping mothers and takings clones, opting to pop a lot of seeds and transition into monocropping rather than perpetual gardening in order to grow a dozen strains per year instead of only two.

And now with new and better strains always coming out, really makes no sense to keep a mother plant for many growers stateside unless it's for a commercial operation.

But every now and then when seedling head counts come up short it's nice to have cloning experience to fall back on to make up for lost plants :)

I take a less is more approach to my clones. No domes, no misting, no dips or gels, no expensive bottle of Clonex, no medium of any sort, and no cut leaves.

I use an EzClone machine, RO water, and some powder from a dodgy bag of black powder with "Cloning" spelled incorrectly on it. :D And it works spooky good! Rooting times are typically 4-8 days

Takes 10 gallons (38 litres) to fill the tank of the machine

gallery_757_795_1341559.jpg

A good clone machine is an ez DIY job but they can be bought used and cheap off ebay. I traded a 1 gram chunk of hash for mine to a buddy who bought a bigger machine.

Had a bad pump but that's a cheap fix and I upgraded it with colored neoprene collars so I could color code strains rather than try to remember what went where or use plant labels. Color coding is tits for jobs like cloning ;)

Microbial cloning powder. Bought this bag in 2014 and still have a lot. Even gave half of it away and still have more than enough for a couple more years! I add 2.5 teaspoons per 10 gallons. No pH testing or adjusting is ever needed when combined with RO water.

gallery_757_795_213166.jpg

Took the first round of cuts Saturday night. Zkittles gets purple collars and Bandits get black collars.

These should take root and be ready for planting by next weekend then I'll take another round and another after that. I have some friends very interested in growing these strains so I'll set them up. After about a month of keeping the machine running and keeping the mamas happy it will all be shut down and the mothers sent to flower.

The Bandit mama may live on though. She's in an airpot because it's possible she could move south and be flowered later, planted in the ground later this year for a Fall harvest. The Zkittle mama will move to the other side of the room to be flowered :)

gallery_757_795_3580403.jpg

Clones can also benefit from excess CO2 like flowering plants. Sometimes rather than misting clones I'll breathe on them or like last night, invite the two CO2 generators in the room for a spell

gallery_757_795_2216659.jpg

Awwww look at those darling fur babies :wub:

Your mothership is awesome :pimped:

• jimmi2scoops, duke and JoanieLovesChachi like this

#18 JoanieLovesChachi

JoanieLovesChachi

• Respected User
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:29 PM

Awwww look at those darling fur babies :wub:

Your mothership is awesome :pimped:

Thanks Petal!

It's funny looking back at this project and these pics.

4 months after that pic, Gomez the tuxedo cat , ate some string and got very sick. The string cut thru some of his intestine and almost killed him. A $3000 surgery and a week of recovery got him back happy and healthy as ever but it gave me such a scare because he's such a cool kitty. He's my crazy stoner cat and acts more like a loyal dog than a cat sometimes.

This grow was so forgettable. The Bandits did well, nothing spectacular, but the Zkittles were pure trash. Nothing worse than fake genetics or low potency garbage which is exactly what these plants became. This was the grow that set me back a whole years worth of harvest and had me reset everything with a huge distrust in new genetics.

I test smoked the Zkittles and after I threw it all out since it could'nt get me high. I almost ran out of weed for the first time since '99 until my recent harvest made up for all of the loss. I learned a lot though with that grow...mainly dont believe hype shit from other "growers" on the internet and trust my own experience and knowledge to get the results I'm after.

• jimmi2scoops, duke, Petal and 2 others like this

#19 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:02 PM

Thanks Petal!

It's funny looking back at this project and these pics.

4 months after that pic, Gomez the tuxedo cat , ate some string and got very sick. The string cut thru some of his intestine and almost killed him. A $3000 surgery and a week of recovery got him back happy and healthy as ever but it gave me such a scare because he's such a cool kitty. He's my crazy stoner cat and acts more like a loyal dog than a cat sometimes.

This grow was so forgettable. The Bandits did well, nothing spectacular, but the Zkittles were pure trash. Nothing worse than fake genetics or low potency garbage which is exactly what these plants became. This was the grow that set me back a whole years worth of harvest and had me reset everything with a huge distrust in new genetics.

I test smoked the Zkittles and after I threw it all out since it could'nt get me high. I almost ran out of weed for the first time since '99 until my recent harvest made up for all of the loss. I learned a lot though with that grow...mainly dont believe hype shit from other "growers" on the internet and trust my own experience and knowledge to get the results I'm after.

Awww poor Gomez and I've had cats like that, they would follow me everywhere I went...trying to escape the house to go to work or shops or walk without them was a cat and mouse chase lolol....their tails bobbing up running after me and me running and having to go back home and escape without them catching me leaving haahaha :)

Glad your lovely cat made it through :)

I'm very suss of all these unbelievable weed descriptions being tossed about too...I prefer to eat a delicious apple pie rather than smoke it anyway. :)

Experience and knowledge rules :)

• jimmi2scoops, duke and JoanieLovesChachi like this

#20 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

• Administrators
  • 16,839 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:00 PM

Good to here Gomez is still alive and kicking. Tis first time i popped in here and man i love those 2 co2 generators, you`ve either got a big fat cat or small dof their mate.

Shitty about Zkittles but yes i suppose it`s a don`t believe the hype moment.

I hope everyones healthy & happy in Bandit town, pets included :)

• duke, Petal and JoanieLovesChachi like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mother Plants, Cloning, EzClone, aerocloner, Zkittles, airpots, 315 CMH, multipurpose tent, Gs & Hustlas, OU Sux

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.