• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:04 PM

hi just wondered does anyone have access to a car trailer or transporter?i soon need to be looking for new wheels and with the way the law is now cant risk driving illegal motors but cant afford commercial prices i have a car with towbar and would be willing to pay a reasonable fee,idk where from yet just hoping i be lucky and find something close to home but this area sucks for cars cos they think we are all rich! im in south east england so if anyone near could help id be happy,peace

• Horse Badorties and no1 like this

#2 Doublej

Doublej

Upper Left US

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:53 PM

I wish I was closer Duke. I would help out easily. Maybe find something to just take the wheels in?? Just a thought.
Best of luck brother
  • duke, Horse Badorties and no1 like this

#3 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:33 PM

I wish I was closer Duke. I would help out easily. Maybe find something to just take the wheels in?? Just a thought.
Best of luck brother

hi dj i meant a whole vehicle of some description not just the wheels!my old banger is showing its age and i want a 4x4 to replace it but can only afford ones that need work,thankfully i am a good mechanic and do all the work myself its just hard now not getting in trouble just moving them to my drive even local buys is a risk and id rather look at hiring a trailer i think if i have to,peace

• The Dude Abides, Doublej, Horse Badorties and 1 other like this

#4 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,819 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:24 PM

@duke I think what @Doublej meant was a dolly that holds either the front or back wheels that are hopefully still attached your new car :lol: UHaul rents them here.

• duke, Doublej and no1 like this

#5 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:34 PM

@duke I think what @Doublej meant was a dolly that holds either the front or back wheels that are hopefully still attached your new car :lol: UHaul rents them here.

i right i thought my english slang to blame!all i get round here if you google car trailers for hire etc is loads of ads for car transporter companies not one actually renting a car trailer! funny enough my daughter was dating a fella with a car transport business but hes based 100 miles away so probs costly,idk maybe my old banger will scrape through the emissions test but its getting harder as every year the criteria changes to try make folk part with older cars but tbh i hate modern cars give me 60-70s engineering anyday built to be repairable and simple to fix!i miss my old diahatsu f80 fourtrack but it got too uncomfortable for tina after her back op leaf springs never where comfy,peace

#6 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,819 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:43 PM

Ha, I miss the days when I could crawl into the engine compartment and sit on the wheel well :lol: Stick a hose in a Stromberg carb to tune it by ear! 

But the more I think, I've never even had to do a tune-up on the Toyotas, and it's 11 years old and Ms H's is 12. Not that I could do a modern tune- up anyway :(

Mon the electronics :D

• duke, bigbadbillybob and no1 like this

#7 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:14 PM

Ha, I miss the days when I could crawl into the engine compartment and sit on the wheel well :lol: Stick a hose in a Stromberg carb to tune it by ear! 

But the more I think, I've never even had to do a tune-up on the Toyotas, and it's 11 years old and Ms H's is 12. Not that I could do a modern tune- up anyway :(

Mon the electronics :D

mine is a 20 year old peugeot estate with just under 200 thousand miles on the clock i paid £300 for it nearly 8 years ago just to move house as my fourtrack gearbox went mid move had to fit a new clutch and gearlinkages and did that first year.barely passed gas test but being a sort of mishmash it is half modern and half old fashioned so i understand about half the car! it has e,c,u and coilpacks and all manner of sensors most of which dont accurately test using the cheapo semi legal software so involves some good guesswork it would just be sods law it fails this year as we are curently skinter than ever due to benefit changes and visits from the plague of locusts we like to call kin!

my diahatsu was toyota engine bloody brill and so simple to mend but my favorite car was an opel ascona berlina 1977 2ltr petrol paid £50 out of the car auctions as a non runner less than 50000 miles on the clock and had it running in 20 minutes as it had water in the petrol! served me well for years till some git stole it,i could talk bollocks about motors all night,sorry! but i do miss my motorcycles most.peace

#8 Doublej

Doublej

Upper Left US

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:32 PM

I was thinking just take the tires off and take them in. Gonna half to put the car on blocks/jack stands. If you have a buddy with a truck, or big back seat... But anyways, just a thought

Best of luck
  • duke and Horse Badorties like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: car transport, trailer, with farty bits

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.