7 replies to this topic

#1 Enzyme303

Enzyme303

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:12 PM

hello all just wondering what folks use,i have a can fan but its not very night time friendly and i have to shut it off,in the mornings i can be met with a lovely aroma although someone outside the house may not have the same opinion.

I gotta step up my CF size to 5 inch and the Fan will have to be the same i presume?,currently looking at something like this

https://www.justfans...alkemmur4l467d6

i dont particularly want to do a lot of tinkering diy as i just want plug and play for now,theres also a more expensive eco version of that fan

anyone else see more cost effective energy efficient fans out there that are an alternative option to soler and palau?

or should i just get a muffler for the can so i can run it at night ?

atb

• The Dude Abides, duke, olmec and 2 others like this

#2 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 01:42 PM

Not sure about different makes of fan but if you get one bigger than you need and turn it down it will make much less noise.

Stay safe amigo, if you can smell it in the morning you can bet someone else can as well.

All good things

TDA

• 2scoops, duke, Dex and 2 others like this

#3 Bandit 4freekin20

Bandit 4freekin20

American Outlaw

• Respected User
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 01:46 PM

Bought this fan a few weeks ago and it's been spooky quiet. It's inside a tent and I never hear it. Not sure if you can buy it UK or not though. For some reason I was thinking you were in the USA ez?

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 3 others like this

#4 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 01:56 PM

@The Dude Abides makes a good point when he says to get a larger one and run it at less than full speed - This will probably make a significant difference and will leave a bit of headroom for hot summer days :)

S&P are slightly cheaper at TLC Direct :)
  • The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 3 others like this

#5 Enzyme303

Enzyme303

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:02 PM

thanks  @The Dude Abides yep that's my concern plus, im gone noseblind from being around it all the time ha ha

Thanks @Bandit420 will check the link sounds promising :)

Thanks too @Anonymiss for the cost savings :)

atb

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 2 others like this

#6 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:14 PM

+1 for the oversize the fan and run it off a controller team.

i know its a bit of outlay for the controller and the fan, but its money well spent, in my opinion. 

I can walk past the outside of my 3kw room and hear nothing more than a whisper of air expelling.

You could oversize a RVK (bullet proof fans by the way) and control it down to 30% safely, even less with a variac. 

• The Dude Abides, duke, Bandit 4freekin20 and 2 others like this

#7 Enzyme303

Enzyme303

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:03 PM

Here is another question could the air foam filter cover on the outside of the CF just need a wash too? as in not performing optimally because of reduced air flow? 

I think i also made the mistake of buying the lightweight smaller version of the CF and the volume of carbon to air flow could have just been reduced,although do think too the light is a factor because the stench is meaningful at certain times ha ha

thanks @bigbadbillybob will check RVK,im running a 4" fan currently is it best to jump one size up to the 5"? :)

atb

• The Dude Abides, duke, bigbadbillybob and 1 other like this

#8 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:24 PM

na, na  go to 6 at least, but there are 2 diffent 6 inch rvks, you want the lower powered A1 fan, not the noisy as fuk L1 version. another option would be a 8 inch fan/ filter  set up, but don't buy a rhino pro filter, they are shit these days, treat yourself to a mountain air one

• The Dude Abides, no1 and Enzyme303 like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.