#1 Zepharock

Zepharock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:35 PM

Hey guys! 

First post here so go easy ;)

So im pretty new to growing, I have infact completed one grow prior to this. Had a situation where a friend needed somewhere to keep his equipment and helped me out with a small 1.2 x 1.2 grow tent with a DWC system in. He came round and helped every other week to give advice and help, provided the nutrients and clones too.

large.5bdb931b763d4 TentOpen.jpg.1a247b35c7d0309353e0ccc4f1d73c08

Which quickly turned into this

large.20190122 221211.jpg.04731022f5dfb6c320ff3c8eeca4ec66

Unfortunately he is no longer able to help and has most of his equipment back and I can no longer use the same area as i had before as it was way to much work keeping it hidden from family and friends!

I had a think and remembered we had a walk in cupboard that was awkward to get too, unused and spacious. 

The dimensions are 110cm x 90cm with a height of 190cm. The buckets take up 40m in height, I hope that will be enough room!

20190310 225858

So ive modified the DWC system and got rid of one of the buckets (had one outside the tent previously as it was easier to control temps). Ive still got my friends 8" fan on a voltage adjuster, filter and ducting so ive set that up in the meantime nice and stealthy in the loft. Its fairly quiet and nobody would ever know it was there so long as i get the intake and extraction right! 

Currently ive got it setup so the fan extracts air into the filter, not ideal but i would lose a lot of space if i had it inside that area, will this work?

Would I get away with a couple of small passive intakes on the bottom of the door? Other options include having a small intake sat uptop in the attic (as far away from the extraction as possible) with long ducting going to the bottom of the room. Regardless of what I do ill need to replace the fan and filter and have no idea what to get! I need it to be as quiet as possible and would rather a large fan like an 8" one and turn it down to a third of its power than a smaller one. Any recommendations?

Lighting ive decided to go LED as I want it to run efficiently and quietly, hoping they will be much more efficient than a traditional 600w bulb alongside another fan just to cool it! Electric bill was huuuuge and my partner is paranoid that we will get caught because of it.

The LEDs I went for im purchasing of @Forest who referred me to this forum 

They feature 2 x 2 quantum boards with lm561c bulbs 250w 3000k. Awaiting the first one and will purchase the second soon hopefully  :D  Will post some pics once there up.

£500 is a hell of a lot on an investment, and yet to get a fan and filter  :(

Edited by Zepharock, 12 March 2019 - 06:36 PM.

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 4 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,918 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:32 PM

hi and welcome to the circle our @Anonymiss has a calculator for fans etc in her signature and you wont go wrong with forests led i have one and am starting 2nd led run soon,your first grow looks like it went ok so im sure you be good,rvk for fans and rhino pro for the filters and allways go bigger than you think you need ime its cheaper than doing it twice!i grow in wardrobes link is in my sig to diary its the longest unbroken grow diary in the known universe!peace

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, denots and 5 others like this

#3 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:33 PM

good to see you here. Another hydro grower, we will soon educate these coco nutters.

fan and filter i would go with a RVK 6 or  8 inch a1 fan (8 incher would be literlly on idle), and a mountain air or carbo air filter.

Dont bother with rhino pro, they have turned to shite lately.

For your air in id take it from the loft, via duct to bottom of the room, and vent out via eaves of house, so your not recirculating the warm stale air.

if you need any help or advice, hit me up with a pm , and good luck with it. 

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 5 others like this

#4 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:29 PM

Good u made it over here . These guys on here are the best help there is on the web ! They have a lot of knowledge between them .

We even have one member with a slipper fetish ! Not many forums can boast that.

Welcome to the circle
  • The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 6 others like this

#5 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,525 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:45 PM

Welcome to forum mate, good luck with the dwc grow as well. :)

• The Dude Abides, duke, denots and 1 other like this

#6 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:01 PM

I like the rvk fans myself the 6” L1is stupidly powerfull and can be turned right down, they move more air than the rvk 6” a1
  • The Dude Abides, duke, denots and 2 others like this

#7 denots

denots

oil me up before you go go

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:22 PM

@Zepharock Welcome to the  :tgc:  mate, your find all the help you need here. Just ask and someone will be along with an answer.

Make yourself at home, and hope you like it here  :thumbsup: .

• The Dude Abides, duke, Horse Badorties and 1 other like this

#8 Zepharock

Zepharock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:44 PM

hi and welcome to the circle our @Anonymiss has a calculator for fans etc in her signature and you wont go wrong with forests led i have one and am starting 2nd led run soon,your first grow looks like it went ok so im sure you be good,rvk for fans and rhino pro for the filters and allways go bigger than you think you need ime its cheaper than doing it twice!i grow in wardrobes link is in my sig to diary its the longest unbroken grow diary in the known universe!peace

Sorry for the late response, havnt been as active as I would have liked, lots of coursework due in but should have some time on my hands now to get everything sorted :) 

Ill have a look at your diary, should get a good idea of what ill be dealing with! What boards are you running?

Good to see you hear @bigbadbillybob, had some great advice of this guy and his hydro setup is one to marvel at!

Thanks for all the welcomes guys :) 

Im thinking intake from the attic might be best, 

Got the quantum board setup and the light is much brighter than anticipated! 

Dealing with abit of light leakage at the moment though through the sides of the door, will have to find away to seal it up, I think passive intakes are going to be hard to avoid extra light leakage.

• duke and bigbadbillybob like this

#9 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,819 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:45 PM

Welcome aboard @Zepharock :pimped:

• duke and Zepharock like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.