Photo
- - - - -

Bottom feeding Q

Best Answer Forest , 04 April 2019 - 07:56 PM

ive been bottom feeding for two years now  it dont mater what nutes or if organic only feed what you know they will take or it will get smelly fast in the tray

once a week or two just  do a good water only feed to lower nute levels , gravel isnt the best in your  bottom as it dont wick,  if coco and fabric pots no need for  anything in bottom but you can use clay ball or perlite,  which can stop root rot if they are likely to be in standing water much ,

i use capillary matting in my trays to wick the water around the trays and the plants can draw as much as they need

if using compost it is better two have a drain area with about  two inches of clayballs or perlite as it can suck up a lot of water and drown them the clay  perlite will wick just enough

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,960 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:40 PM

No, @Marcus and @ The Dude Abides , not food for farts :P

But, if i had plants in gravel bottomed pots of soil and wanted to bottom feed them, which type of nutes would I need to use? Hydro or soil or does it make no difference as long as I'm consistent?
  • Dekay, duke, W.S and 1 other like this

#2 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:56 PM   Best Answer

ive been bottom feeding for two years now  it dont mater what nutes or if organic only feed what you know they will take or it will get smelly fast in the tray

once a week or two just  do a good water only feed to lower nute levels , gravel isnt the best in your  bottom as it dont wick,  if coco and fabric pots no need for  anything in bottom but you can use clay ball or perlite,  which can stop root rot if they are likely to be in standing water much ,

i use capillary matting in my trays to wick the water around the trays and the plants can draw as much as they need

if using compost it is better two have a drain area with about  two inches of clayballs or perlite as it can suck up a lot of water and drown them the clay  perlite will wick just enough

• Budgie, Dekay, duke and 3 others like this

#3 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,960 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 11:09 PM

Cheers !@ Forest. that covers all the bases in one fell swoop.
  • Dekay and Horse Badorties like this

#4 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Administrators
  • 16,169 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 11:24 PM

Awkward buggers why the fannying around you just want to be different :P

• Budgie and Horse Badorties like this

#5 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,960 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 01:07 AM

not for a full on grow @ Dekay. Thinking I might stick a noodler in while sorting out groom ;)
  • Dekay and Horse Badorties like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.