4 replies to this topic

#1 Huktonfonics

Huktonfonics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 01:29 PM

Has anyone ever ran an iws flood & drain type system with the mini Rockwood cubes as the medium ?

I'd like to try it with a bottom layer of clay pebbles and a top dress of clay.

Just wondering what experiences people have had and if they had good results.

Here's my last run under led cobs with Platinum Kush Breath in the same system using hydroton pebbles.

The Rockwood appeals as it can be compressed into tiny parcels to dispose off, fuck washing the pebbles, and my arse twitches when I've gotta take it the tip lol

Attached Files

Edited by Huktonfonics, 06 April 2019 - 01:32 PM.

• Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 1 other like this

#2 denots

denots

oil me up before you go go

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 01:57 PM

I used to use flood and drain with large rockwool cubes over 30 year ago. I had good results even back then, It's all down to looking after them properly like in any medium mate. Just don't let them dry out to much between watering's, and your need to adjust the watering to suit the plants as they get bigger, same old story really Huk.

Nice result on your last run Huk  :thumbsup: .

• Budgie, duke and Huktonfonics like this

#3 2scoops

2scoops

In for a penny, in for a pound.

• Administrators
  • 18,268 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 02:20 PM

Grew in small rockwool cubes and clayballs 50/50 in an autopot system for quite a few years when i started out growing and thought i did ok till i found growing in coco

• Budgie, duke, denots and 1 other like this

#4 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 06:38 PM

The stuff made me itch to much .it always seemed that I'd rub my eyes after touching it .

I used 4 and 6 inch cubes on nft trays and used to do very well . Seen some good grows over the years with rockwall
  • duke, denots and Huktonfonics like this

#5 Huktonfonics

Huktonfonics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 07:22 PM

Thanks guys.

Just so we are on the same page, are we on about these ? This is what I'm thinking about using

Attached Files

• Attached File  69.png   28.9KB   0 downloads

• duke and denots like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.