• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Afton

Afton

OLD GUYS RULE!

• Moderators
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:54 PM

I am bit smashed but was thinking of grow in the ground next year.

Could I spiral a soaker hose around the edges of the hole to deep watering?

Just a stoner's thought 

• duke, denots, Dex and 3 others like this

#2 denots

denots

oil me up before you go go

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:02 AM

From one stoner to another, it sounds like a good idea, but is it   :lol:  :lol: .

But at the end of the day It's only a bit of underground irrigation   :)  :thumbsup: .

• duke, Dex, Horse Badorties and 3 others like this

#3 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Moderators
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:08 AM

@ Afton that's what a lot of the tree growers out your way do... and they end up up with trees :lol:

Some don't even dig holes, they use mounds. :pimped:

• duke, Dex, Afton and 2 others like this

#4 Afton

Afton

OLD GUYS RULE!

• Moderators
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:17 AM

Thanks Guys,

This Green Crack kicking my ass this morning as a wake and bake

• duke, Dex, Horse Badorties and 2 others like this

#5 Afton

Afton

OLD GUYS RULE!

• Moderators
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:52 PM

Ok I'm not as high as before but would it work if I put it in the soaker hose in the hole and then covered it soil ans the plant.

This would give it some deep watering to get those roots wide and deep.

Hope this make more sense.

• Horse Badorties, no1 and Nefarious Shenanigans like this

#6 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Moderators
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 11:52 PM

I use soaker hoses for our veggies, run on top of the ground, and covered with a good layer of mulch...  and from what I've seen of the tree growers, they do similarly.

In the hole might work. Are you going to dig wide?

From my experience, our kind of pot likes to spread it's roots out wide, not so much down.

I think that's why folks have such good luck with the mounds.

Did you get your soil tests back yet?

• Afton, no1 and Nefarious Shenanigans like this

#7 Nefarious Shenanigans

Nefarious Shenanigans

youthful exuberance

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 02:39 AM

yeah I have been wanting to try out these soaker hoses, not for weed as much as veggies in my case, but I don't see why you couldn't

probably you are gonna want to test and see how much comes out the hose in a given time period, and then adjust visually I guess from how wet it looks after

might take some finagling but I reckon it would work awesome like Horse was saying... imagine a large compost mound of a more short and wide style that you cover and turn and keep right all autumn and spring and then plant a beast in it, spiral your hose all over the mound and throw some straw mulch on top. Pair that with your climate and something pretty epic is extremely likely to happen IMHO

but yeah enough daydreaming, sure you could just use them for plain old watering too instead of elaborate drippers :lol:  forgive me, it is early/late here

• Horse Badorties, Afton and no1 like this

#8 Afton

Afton

OLD GUYS RULE!

• Moderators
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:24 AM

@ Horse Badorties ya it was just s thought and I was on here so I thought it what the heck.

Ya I posted my soil results on my forum. I just did the rapid test not the full blown one.

My wife gave me the ok to put plants in the ground so I was thinking of a 4x4x4 hole.

@ Nefarious Shenanigans I would still use my filtered water but was just thinking to help create a bigger root system.

I would get a small one and just have the tip above the ground and rest at the bottom of the hole. Then add some old soil and compost

on top of the soaker hose. Maybe add water once a week for about 5-10 minutes.

• Horse Badorties, no1 and Nefarious Shenanigans like this

#9 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:02 AM

i don't see how it wouldn't work. 

the only thing might be the hose getting clogged with silt etc, but I doubt it would affect it that badly.

I think you should give it a try Afton man, I reckon your onto a winner

• Horse Badorties, Afton, no1 and 1 other like this

#10 Horse Badorties

Horse Badorties

Buddist Punk

• Moderators
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 02:41 PM

@ Horse Badorties ya it was just s thought and I was on here so I thought it what the heck.

Ya I posted my soil results on my forum. I just did the rapid test not the full blown one.

My wife gave me the ok to put plants in the ground so I was thinking of a 4x4x4 hole.

@ Nefarious Shenanigans I would still use my filtered water but was just thinking to help create a bigger root system.

I would get a small one and just have the tip above the ground and rest at the bottom of the hole. Then add some old soil and compost

on top of the soaker hose. Maybe add water once a week for about 5-10 minutes.

From what I've been seeing, soaker hoses and big pot plants go hand in hand.

There's all kinds of hoses with different emitting rates, and you can run spaghetti lines to specific areas, or to run sprayers off.

I think Lowe's has the Rainbird stuff that we use for the veggies, and they had a starter kit for about 30 beans that ought to be enough to see if it suits you.

I guess I missed your soil test, can you give me a link?

My experience with in ground holes is that wider is better. I started out at 4' deep, and ended up about 2' deep x 6' wide circle, easier digging, too  :rolleyes: 

Sounds like you're getting ready for a great year. :weed:

• Afton and no1 like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.